All things Dundee FC

6 hours ago, Butters Scotch said:

What a wild take this is, neither team's players will be "battering anyone into submission". I think you're overestimating the qualities of your own team first of all and then underestimating United's, it's a 50/50 game that could go either way

I don’t see any players in your squad that are proven top 6 players tbh - maybe Moult in his day which has long since passed. Your keeper looks decent to be fair on limited viewings. 

Our whole squad is proven top 6 quality barring some of the new additions. 

Happy to help. 

Just now, Der Panzer said:

I don’t see any players in your squad that are proven top 6 players tbh - maybe Moult in his day which has long since passed. Your keeper looks decent to be fair on limited viewings. 

Happy to help. 

What a load of jobbies you speak on here man.

Firstly, we have a number of players that have proven themselves in teams that made top six.

Secondly, why does it matter anyway if they are 'proven' in the top six? Celtic/Rangers for example sign players usually from outside of Scotland, does that mean they are not proven either until they've done it for a season? 

Thirdly, we have brought in players from other leagues that genuinely look very decent on first viewings (Ferry, Trap, Babunski in particular) and expecting a few more signings to improve the first 11.

Lastly, just because your team scraped top six one year where the likes of Hibs, Aberdeen etc had horrific season doesn't mean it will repeat itself, there is absolutely nothing to split the two teams and if you think so then you are deluded.

17 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

Firstly, we have a number of players that have proven themselves in teams that made top six.

Secondly, why does it matter anyway if they are 'proven' in the top six? Celtic/Rangers for example sign players usually from outside of Scotland, does that mean they are not proven either until they've done it for a season? 

Thirdly, we have brought in players from other leagues that genuinely look very decent on first viewings (Ferry, Trap, Babunski in particular) and expecting a few more signings to improve the first 11.

Lastly, just because your team scraped top six one year where the likes of Hibs, Aberdeen etc had horrific season doesn't mean it will repeat itself, there is absolutely nothing to split the two teams and if you think so then you are deluded.

May I take the liberty of quoting something you recently said on the Jobby Sleeve forum: 

"If you're no happy then off ya pop to the Dundee [United] thread you mutant"

The day I spend a nice Friday afternoon snivelling and 'well ackshually'-ing on my rival club's thread about the quality of my team will be the day I know I should quit the internet.

1 hour ago, Butters Scotch said:

^^^^^^^

Absolutely shitting it.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

The day I spend a nice Friday afternoon snivelling and 'well ackshually'-ing on my rival club's thread about the quality of my team will be the day I know I should quit the internet.

You've literally just spent some of your 'nice Friday afternoon' posting about another poster as you were before today.

'Thank you' 

Scott Fraser likely to sign and also don’t rule out an Owen Beck loan deal for a short time.

One tall Experienced  CB or a CDM that can play CB. For example a Gogic type

One LWB (Loan)

One versatile LB

One CM

One Experienced ST

This is what I hope happens 

2 hours ago, Butters Scotch said:

Firstly I’m not convinced you do at all. Gallagher stunk out the Aberdeen side and that was a number of years ago. Moult was good in his distant day. That’s your lot. You’re all bemoaning the loss of a CM that’s never played above championship level - for a reason. 

Secondly - Celtic and Rangers don’t shop in the same market as the rest of us so that’s a moot point - they set the bar - not strive to meet it. 

Thirdly Sofien Moussa and Luka Tankulif balled out in the league cup group stages/pre season. Your North Macedonians ripping Stenhousmuir is one thing - getting ragdolled by the Derry Viera is another. 

Lastly - when we came up last season every one of us expected a bottom 6 / playoff scrap and knew that top 6 was unlikely as the jump in level is significant. The thinking that you can come right up and be immediately 50/50 with a top 6 team when your marquee signing is a cripple and your pinning the hopes on a CM championship journeyman is very very DAB. 

Now - if you don’t like it - and as I’ve been told numerous times on the Ready Steady Cook thread - bolt. 

Thank you. 

3 hours ago, Der Panzer said:

Happy to help. 

Proven to be an absolutely shite top 6 team, iirc. 1 point out of 15 post split was it?

Christ almighty, “everyone” is very bored.

I’m not up for predicting anything regards the derby,

it’s up to the management and players to prove we’re streets ahead of deluded DAB world, it’s not often been the case

Role on the 4th of August, we can hopefully rub there noses in it after the game.

*and @Butters Scotch stick to the TA part of the board, I find you quite funny on there. The underlying love of a dark blue top is great to see 😜

Edited by MarkoP

14 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Proven to be an absolutely shite top 6 team, iirc. 1 point out of 15 post split was it?

Last time the DABS were in this league they proved themselves to be an absolutely shite bottom 6 team. Did they get any points after the split? Their team this year looks even worse and the manager is a proven dud.

What's your point caller? 

19 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

We were mentally and physically fucked by the effort of trying to acheive it, so that was no surprise.

Fantastic effort from a newly promoted side though, no denying that.

We'll see how Goodwin gets on.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Der Panzer said:

Firstly I’m not convinced you do at all. Gallagher stunk out the Aberdeen side and that was a number of years ago. Moult was good in his distant day. That’s your lot. You’re all bemoaning the loss of a CM that’s never played above championship level - for a reason. 

Secondly - Celtic and Rangers don’t shop in the same market as the rest of us so that’s a moot point - they set the bar - not strive to meet it. 

Thirdly Sofien Moussa and Luka Tankulif balled out in the league cup group stages/pre season. Your North Macedonians ripping Stenhousmuir is one thing - getting ragdolled by the Derry Viera is another. 

Lastly - when we came up last season every one of us expected a bottom 6 / playoff scrap and knew that top 6 was unlikely as the jump in level is significant. The thinking that you can come right up and be immediately 50/50 with a top 6 team when your marquee signing is a cripple and your pinning the hopes on a CM championship journeyman is very very DAB. 

Now - if you don’t like it - and as I’ve been told numerous times on the Ready Steady Cook thread - bolt. 

Thank you. 

For the record, Graham, Strain, Sibbald, Moult, Gallagher, Middleton, Watt, Grimshaw etc have all played regularly for teams finishing top six so stop chatting pish man.

We do lack CM's but no one is pretending Docherty is some great player and is not expected to start for us anyway. We will sign someone to compete with your Derry Vieira, if not in time for the derby then Babunski will slot in there who looks a pler by the way alongside Sibbald. Also, Strain isn't our marquee signing. We have hadn't our marquee signing as of yet.

The jump to top six obviously wasn't that much of a jump if Dundee made it in there along with St Mirren, probably one of the worst top six's of all time. Let's no pretend the premiership is the champions league ffs, every team can beat one another outwith the old firm.

'Thank you'

5 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Last time the DABS were in this league they proved themselves to be an absolutely shite bottom 6 team. Did they get any points after the split? Their team this year looks even worse and the manager is a proven dud.

What's your point caller? 

That Dundee are a proven shite top 6 team. It wasn't intended to be cryptic and I'm sorry if it wasn't clear. 

That proven shite bottom 6 team which was relegated was a proven top 4 team at the start of that season. Time stands still for no man/ team.

5 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

We were mentally and physically fucked by the effort of trying to acheive it, so that was no surprise.

Fantastic effort from a newly promoted side though, no denying that.

We'll see how Goodwin gets on.

Thank you.

No argument from me. I didn't see Dundee much last season but by all accounts they did better than anyone could have expected in the circumstances.