All things Dundee FC

11 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Doc not ruling out the chance of a new signing before the derby, having specifically been asked about Ryan Jack again.

image.png.04cb67c82e6cd10d2fda136b0d180db5.png

Would definitely take Jack, no brainer if he's fit enough. Been said to death but there's no direct Sylla replacement so this would be a step in the right direction. All for it 

Big Mo is first name on the team sheet for me. Would Ryan Jack be a very expensive replacement for him or someone that could complement his skill set in protecting the back line? 

If it's the former, then nah, not interested. If it's the latter then it's exciting.

22 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Big Mo is first name on the team sheet for me. Would Ryan Jack be a very expensive replacement for him or someone that could complement his skill set in protecting the back line? 

If it's the former, then nah, not interested. If it's the latter then it's exciting.

You're under estimating how good Jack is, IMO.

If fit he'd be first choice for Rangers and arguably the best deep midfielder in the league.

He'd be an incredible signing for anyone if the injuries haven't completely ruined him.

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You're under estimating how good Jack is, IMO.

If fit he'd be first choice for Rangers and arguably the best deep midfielder in the league.

He'd be an incredible signing for anyone if the injuries haven't completely ruined him.

You're under estimating how good Mo Sylla is.

He's the Derry Vieira.

In all seriousness though, it's not really about how good Jack is in that role. We've already got one of the best DMs in the league IMO. We need someone that we can pair with him rather than splash our budget on someone who could only replace him and not play alongside.

The thought of Jack alongside Sylla, however, is quite dreamy tbf.

Nah. We recruited a better player who does much the same thing and more last season. I'd have had Boateng back, but he'd have been second fiddle to Sylla in my side, much the same as he was post-christmas last season.

Think Hearts will be hoping he grows a bit as a player and they can move him on for $$$ because there's definitely potential there, but right now I'd rather have big Mo.

He's a bit rash but has all the attributes to be a top class CH and make whatever club that signs him a tidy bit of money.

Would be delighted to get him in permanently. Very good bit of business if we can pull it off.

Good article with him here towards the end of last season. I knew about the heart condition but didn't realise the extent of it - that'd have to be worrying playing for us knowing that there are defibrillators on stand by just for you. 

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/nottingham-forest-aaron-donnelly-heart-9309129

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's been coming for ages but seeing it official still stings a wee bit:

I thought that was a Cartier Trinity cord bracelet Boateng was wearing but upon closer inspection it appears it’s not.  Anyone got any idea which brand it is?

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Good article with him here towards the end of last season. I knew about the heart condition but didn't realise the extent of it - that'd have to be worrying playing for us knowing that there are defibrillators on stand by just for you. 

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/nottingham-forest-aaron-donnelly-heart-9309129

Have I read that article correct and that when he was at Forest for however many years he’s been not one of them picked up this heart disease and yet it is two minutes up the road here we’ve caught it

Final thoughts on tomorrow's game/ line up from me.

McCracken

Ingram Portales McGhee Graham Larkeche

McCowan Sylla Mulligan

Murray P-H

Fire right into these arseholes from the start. Babunski in the middle looks decent on the ball  for them so get Mulligan around him. Get the DAB running both ways and we'll see what he really has to offer as a player.

It was acknowledged by Goodwin last week that their new recruits weren't upto fitness yet and that doesn't change in that time frame. For Dundee most of the players have been a constant in the last 4/5 cup games and friendlies. The last twenty minutes is when we'll begin to domimate the DABs IMO and it's perfect timing for Tiffoney to enter. The Doc could be tricky and start Main with it in his head to bring P-H and Tiffoney late on to win the game.

Either way as long as a good performance is on show you've got to take it on the chin if the result goes the other way. The best team doesn't always win but without doubt we have to go out there and be the best team in all aspects. That is my expectation.

Thank you.

Can you trust Mulligan in a big though ? He has been sent off a few time , not always deserved, but I imagine United will target him if he starts. 

A draw would suit both teams and the team that come up usually has a bit of momentum. Let’s hope for a controlled 2-0.

Portales awful defensively again and Larkeche doesn’t offer much. 

Once Reilly is fit and stronger he will be our LWB. 

I hope Graham can play in the middle of a back 3 as we will have lots of Centre backs if we get another.

A 4-3-3 team for me would be- McCracken, Donnelly, Robertson, McGhee, Ingram, Sylla, DM, McCowan, Tiffoney, Murray, Mulligan.

I thought we were extremely poor, improved slightly second half.

Defensively all over the place

Struggled with basic control and passing

Far too much sideways passing with nobody wanting to go in behind

Got better when Tiff and Mulligan came on.

But, we need to improve massively defensively, as scoring twice against newly promoted opponents should deliver 3pts

We need to be doing a lot better, at times it was like some of these players had never seen a football, never mind played together.

Our strongest fully fit team. I prefer McGhee to Portales as McGhee knows how to defend. I could see Portales playing in the LCB in the 433.

I don’t see the point in signing Donnelly if we don’t play a 4-3-3 at times. If Graham plays in the centre then I could see Donnelly for sure signing.

We must sign a creative attacking player.

7FD8DAF7-B349-4AB8-A498-3B37BDFDCE3B.jpeg

289B1168-1FB0-4DB4-AFE6-4114471B84FA.jpeg

I don’t venture on to the Dundee thread these days but I noticed the commentators during the game saying that there was interest in McCowan from other clubs.  Do you think you’ll be able to keep hold of him?  He looks very good.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I don’t venture on to the Dundee thread these days but I noticed the commentators during the game saying that there was interest in McCowan from other clubs.  Do you think you’ll be able to keep hold of him?  He looks very good.

He said to the media he wanted to sign a new contract with us but since then has apparently changed agent and rejected two offers from us (all rumour and speculation - nothing necessarily factual).

He's very important to us, but equally with only a year on his contract, I don't think he's the type of player that's netting us a huge fee nor do I think he suits being a small fish in a big pond. It took him about 3 seasons to become very, very good with us. I'd be shocked if he moved on now that we've given him the captaincy.

But who knows.

1 hour ago, peebles_Dee said:

Portales awful defensively again and Larkeche doesn’t offer much. 

Once Reilly is fit and stronger he will be our LWB. 

I hope Graham can play in the middle of a back 3 as we will have lots of Centre backs if we get another.

A 4-3-3 team for me would be- McCracken, Donnelly, Robertson, McGhee, Ingram, Sylla, DM, McCowan, Tiffoney, Murray, Mulligan.

Mulligan should be in a midfield three beside Sylla and McCowan, he's wasted out wide (as we saw in the championship 22-23 for large parts). He was good today when coming on when we shifted to 442. Tiffoney and Reilly should be the wingers and Murray up top if we switch to a back 4. Not sure about the new LB even if he's only been here for a week, another one would be good to get. 

Don't think Astley should've been dropped for Graham personally, and Mulligan didn't deserve to get dropped in place of Cameron who isn't a central midfielder in a 2.