All things Dundee FC

It's certainly closer to the value that we'll think about. 

If a club the size of Hibs see the potential in McCowan and don't want to spend an extra 250K then their will to succeed is there for all to see.

1 million (due to the length of time he has left) is good. Stump up Hibs or piss off and continue to fail drastically. The David Gray appointment is their version of McPake for us. 

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:

We’ve apparently offered £750k for McCowan. 

I'd settle for £1m.

I've previously scoffed at the idea that Hibs would get him, but if you're desperate to the point of offering 750k now - I can see us coming to some sort of agreement.

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

That's £20k more that we can throw at McCowan.

No moving on.

Thank you.

For the record - I want the money - but let’s handle our business quietly and professionally - not like those farmer muppets etc 

Thank You

Looks like Hibs as a club are in full panic mode and chucking as much money around to try and rectify the situation without the appearance of any real strategy. 

gonna end up like a very very diet Chelsea. 

McCowan is a signing however that makes a huge amount of sense for them - it doesn’t however make a huge amount of sense for Luke McCowan - who could see out his contract and get a better, more stable move on better money due to no fee being paid. 

Just now, Der Panzer said:

Looks like Hibs as a club are in full panic mode and chucking as much money around to try and rectify the situation without the appearance of any real strategy. 

McCowan is a signing however that makes a huge amount of sense for them - it doesn’t however make a huge amount of sense for Luke McCowan - who could see out his contract and get a better, more stable move on better money due to no fee being paid. 

It is strange one for the player, he'll get better wages for sure but Hibs don't look too great right now, certainly not definitely looking to finish third.

If McCowan stays and is playing well he'll have a lot more options and offers come January. 

For us the difference finishing 6th or last is around £600k before any solidarity payments and the extra cost of relegation so keeping him seems a better option for us than a £750k fee.

Needs to be a bit more.

Just now, eindhovendee said:

It is strange one for the player, he'll get better wages for sure but Hibs don't look too great right now, certainly not definitely looking to finish third.

If McCowan stays and is playing well he'll have a lot more options and offers come January. 

For us the difference finishing 6th or last is around £600k before any solidarity payments and the extra cost of relegation so keeping him seems a better option for us than a £750k fee.

Needs to be a bit more.

McCowan basically admitted that the hibs move didn't interest him. 

Whether or not he goes will be entirely dependent on whether we get our valuation for him. If we do - he'll go. He's clearly not forcing it through. 

5 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

Yes, but then he'd miss the opportunity to live and work in the People's Republic of Leith, which, with apologies to the Hulltoon, Lochee etc, is one of the finest places on the face of the planet. All the cool kids live there now :wub:

McCowan has more chance of getting a Scotland call up for us than he does with Hibs. He’s captain and main man with us. He would be an important player for Hibs but it wouldn’t be built around him. 

Hibs will struggle this season and I predict Gray will get sacked. Which I think would be unfair but Hibs always keep changing their manager. 

If he stays we have a great chance of getting European football and even a cup potentially which Hibs won’t. If he does that for us then Scotland will be more likely to give him a call up.

I’d offer him a pay rise to stay with no extension. If we get European and a cup bigger teams than Hibs will be after him or he may decide to stay.

Hibs are a basket case and it would be a backwards move for him . Surely holding out for Celtic  ....boyhood team, games in Europe , titles etc. No bad feelings from me if he goes for that . 

13 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

McCowan has more chance of getting a Scotland call up for us than he does with Hibs. He’s captain and main man with us. He would be an important player for Hibs but it wouldn’t be built around him. 

Hibs will struggle this season and I predict Gray will get sacked. Which I think would be unfair but Hibs always keep changing their manager. 

If he stays we have a great chance of getting European football and even a cup potentially which Hibs won’t. If he does that for us then Scotland will be more likely to give him a call up.

I’d offer him a pay rise to stay with no extension. If we get European and a cup bigger teams than Hibs will be after him or he may decide to stay.

McCowan's chances of a Scotland call up as a Hibs player - 0.00001%

McCowan's chances of a Scotland call up as a Dundee player - 0.00002%

It's a total irrelevance.