All things Dundee FC

31 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

We got him for nothing, he banged in a hatful of goals and we've trousered 250k. That's a great deal for Dundee compared to say Luka Tankulic. Plus unlike Greg Stewart I'm not totally convinced Hemmings is the real deal. I can understand the amusement amongst our rivals however.

We paid about £90k for him

The club getting a lot of criticism because they said there was no release clause. I think it would be stranger if they were advertising it to be honest.

At end of the day, nothing the club could do. For all we know, the release clause could have swung Hemmings moving to Dundee. I'd rather have got him for a season and lost him for £250k than not get him at all. Without the benefit of hindsight, I don't think many people a year ago expected Hemmings to do as well as he did and be worth more than £250k.

Release clause is also a bit of a joke. Surely their hope would be he'd do well, score goals and that would secure his move? Which would mean getting a decent bid. They've basically fucked themselves no matter how you look at it.

3 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Release clause is also a bit of a joke. Surely their hope would be he'd do well, score goals and that would secure his move? Which would mean getting a decent bid. They've basically fucked themselves no matter how you look at it.

Not really. Kane took a wage drop to sign for us. He quite possibly made the club insert a release clause - or he wouldn't sign. 

Not really. Kane took a wage drop to sign for us. He quite possibly made the club insert a release clause - or he wouldn't sign. 

Aye definitely this

Stewart to Aberdeen for 400 seems to be the rumour today

Big job for Hartley bringing in replacements

He was the one I thought would stay. However if someone triggers the release clause and offers him a larger wage then you cant blame him. At the end of the day we got a shit load of goals out him and made a profit.

We have had a great season out him and he was a great pro while at the club, I wish him well.

No point dwelling on it, just got to sort out a replacement now.

Moving on.....,

16 minutes ago, Deeboy said:

Are you still acting ITK after your "£500k" shite :lol:

We could buy 2 Kane Hemmings' for one Michael O'Halloran. 3 and a bit for one Stevie May, 4 and a bit after the add ons are calculated up (both of whom had less time left on their deals when they left btw).

Dundee desperate to reclaim the 'Fun' title off their disaster struck neighbours. :lol:

Edited by Kyle

2 minutes ago, Kyle said:

We could buy 2 Kane Hemmings' for one Michael O'Halloran. 3 and a bit for one Stevie May, 4 and a bit after the add ons are calculated up (both of whom had less time left on their deals when they left btw).

Dundee desperate to reclaim the 'Fun' title off their disaster struck neighbours. :lol:

Only £35k more than what Falkirk got for Mark Stewart :lol:

3 minutes ago, Kyle said:

this Hemmings thing really is giving you a bricker eh? :lol:

Just now, Chewing Taffies said:

this Hemmings thing really is giving you a bricker eh? :lol:

Absolutely.

It's fucking hilarious.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Only £35k more than what Falkirk got for Mark Stewart :lol:

Accies got £25k less for Joel Thomas :lol:

2 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Absolutely.

It's fucking hilarious.

Accies got £25k less for Joel Thomas :lol:

Hibs got the same figure for James Collins :lol:

United got three times as much for Russell who had less than a year left on his contract :lol:

Edited by RandomGuy.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hibs got the same figure for James Collins :lol:

United got three times as much for Russell who had less than a year left on his contract :lol:

oh my days. I had forgotten all about James Collins :lol:

Just now, Kyle said:

oh my days. I had forgotten all about James Collins :lol:

Its fun looking through old transfers. United got the same amount for a GMS with six months left on his contract who was demanding a move :lol: