All things Dundee FC

Novo had 6 in 6 in 2003. I don't know if that's the all-time club record or not, but if Clarkson scores against Killie and St Johnstone the history books will undoubtedly be getting dusted down.

^^^ Jinxed it.

Yep, I agree with the above. He presses the oppositions defence well as well which leads to errors or a large punt up the park. His hold up play is fantastic and brings a lot of players into play like the Motherwell game for example.

He will eventually go through a dry spell, all strikers do and I'm sure he will still play a big part in our goals whilst he's on this dry spell.

He does seemto have a good 'football brain', I think thats why PH told Craig Wighton to learn from him.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/dundee-fc/dundee-teen-urged-to-take-his-lead-from-david-clarkson-1.629910

He laid on a pass out along the wing last saturday knowing that Boyle would run on to it, it dragged the game right back up to the other end and just smacked of 'class'.

Roseangle is a good bet. There is also free parking behind the Whitehall Theatre on Hawkhill (put it into google maps) as well.

My mate sometimes parks at the mosque and has never had an issue before (DISCLAIMER: AT YOUR OWN RISK)

Not for long buddy- the Whitehall own both sides of the street and it's about to be bollards and chains. That gravy train is over..

On Clarkson- I said when he signed that he would be the signing of the season for us. He's a classic poacher- however I think there's more to his game than just "Billy Doddsing" it. His passing is a joy to watch at times.

Edited by scottdeeuk

Clarkson makes clever runs and gets into good positions, a very good striker at this level and Hartley putting faith in him has boosted his confidence..... but in my opinion Stewart is up there with the best signings, plucked from part time football scored 5 in all comps so far and can play a number of positions. Must admit Hartley made some great signings!

Edited by stevendfc4

Clarkson makes clever runs and gets into good positions, a very good striker at this level and Hartley putting faith in him has boosted his confidence..... but in my opinion Stewart is up there with the best signings, plucked from part time football scored 5 in all comps so far and can play a number of positions. Must admit Hartley made some great signings!

Good shout, I'm a big fan of Stewart, he's versatile and seems up for it. McGinn is another one who's made the jump up from part time and I guess the 2 German boys may be the same. Overall he's brought some very shrewd signings in.

Even the signings that can be listed as 'failures' so far have proved to be 'decent' at the very least. Tank and Roberts could probably be described as Hartley's 'poorest' signings and both haven't been complete failures. I'm sure there's people that'd argue Roberts is one of our better players and Tank even though he hasn't quite cut it thus far doesn't look like a poor player, just things haven't went for him as they do from time to time. Had a lot of bad luck in front of goal and if he'd took one of his chances I could see him going on a wee run. Unfortunately he's probably bottom of the pile when it comes to strikers now though.

Even the signings that can be listed as 'failures' so far have proved to be 'decent' at the very least. Tank and Roberts could probably be described as Hartley's 'poorest' signings and both haven't been complete failures. I'm sure there's people that'd argue Roberts is one of our better players and Tank even though he hasn't quite cut it thus far doesn't look like a poor player, just things haven't went for him as they do from time to time. Had a lot of bad luck in front of goal and if he'd took one of his chances I could see him going on a wee run. Unfortunately he's probably bottom of the pile when it comes to strikers now though.

I thought Tankulic played well in the league cup game but struggled when we went down to 10 men. He's on a two year deal anyway so he'll have plenty of time to redeem himself. I'd maybe try to send him out on loan for a couple of months and see if he settles in the second tier.

I thought Tankulic played well in the league cup game but struggled when we went down to 10 men. He's on a two year deal anyway so he'll have plenty of time to redeem himself. I'd maybe try to send him out on loan for a couple of months and see if he settles in the second tier.

That is possibly a good shout help him get his confidence back