All things Dundee FC

Speaking to my contacts in the last 10 mins Greg Stewart will sign a 3 year deal at Birmingham this afternoon

Dundee will get 500.000 k with add ons 

Good luck to him Paul has worked wonders with him. Remember a 3rd div player when he arrived at dens !!!!

That'll be a 2 year deal, 600k and no add ons then.

Speaking to my contacts in the last 10 mins Greg Stewart will sign a 3 year deal at Birmingham this afternoon

Good luck to him Paul has worked wonders with him. Remember a 3rd div player when he arrived at dens !!!!

Is your "contacts" what was reported on BBC website 4 hours ago ?

No my contacts are within the club bud but it's not often am right say some people !!! 

I did report back in jan of this year Paul was chasing a pars striker look what happens there !!

I know - Nostradamus would have been proud.

19 minutes ago, Wasps1 said:

Greg Stewart has never played in any third division. It's not really important I know. It's just factually incorrect.

Obviously not universally popular on this thread but if it was possible I'd take a punt on Çiftçi. Ok he was a DAB and a biter but there were times when he was with United he was unplayable.

Would be dead against it... other than the fact he was a dirty scheming DAB.. genuinely Didn't rate him

28 minutes ago, Wasps1 said:

Greg never ever played in the 3rd division. He had 1 season in the 2nd division with us the rest were in the First Division/Championship.

Edited to add beaten to it by OneCowden.

Edited by cowdenbeath

Do we actually need another striker? Depending on where El Bahk2e will be played then possibly but I seen him coming in as a striker.

AM, RB and CB for me. Hopefully quality and not just players to make the numbers up.

Do we actually need another striker? Depending on where El Bahk2e will be played then possibly but I seen him coming in as a striker.

AM, RB and CB for me. Hopefully quality and not just players to make the numbers up.

The signing of the next batch of players is key. Not saying it is in anyway similar to ourselves but when you lose two or three real assets, especially for money, the temptation might be to keep signing player after player in the hope they turn out to be of the same calibre (something JMc did to disastrous effect). Hartley seems a bit more patient when it comes to new players and after signing El Bak he can probably afford to take some time in how the club reinvests some of this money.

34 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

The signing of the next batch of players is key. Not saying it is in anyway similar to ourselves but when you lose two or three real assets, especially for money, the temptation might be to keep signing player after player in the hope they turn out to be of the same calibre (something JMc did to disastrous effect). Hartley seems a bit more patient when it comes to new players and after signing El Bak he can probably afford to take some time in how the club reinvests some of this money.

Sensible analysis Stumigoo, although I think the major difference in your comparison is that DFC anticipated the sale of two very good players via the summer signings in midfield - O'Hara, Duffy (even if he's on loan) as examples to compensate for the attacking midfielder Stewart; and up front Faissal and Jordi, with Loy playing centrally instead of out on the wing, while you chaps reacted to the departure of Armstrong and the other one in a panic of pish purchases. I think that, therein, is a key element in the recent rise of Dundee and the recent demise of United - anticipation versus reaction. That vision of course stems from the Board, and then if the Manager is any good there will be an impact on the pitch through half decent signings.

Enjoy the trips to Dumbarton, Morton and Raith - I did! 

Sensible analysis Stumigoo, although I think the major difference in your comparison is that DFC anticipated the sale of two very good players via the summer signings in midfield - O'Hara, Duffy (even if he's on loan) as examples to compensate for the attacking midfielder Stewart; and up front Faissal and Jordi, with Loy playing centrally instead of out on the wing, while you chaps reacted to the departure of Armstrong and the other one in a panic of pish purchases. I think that, therein, is a key element in the recent rise of Dundee and the recent demise of United - anticipation versus reaction. That vision of course stems from the Board, and then if the Manager is any good there will be an impact on the pitch through half decent signings.

Enjoy the trips to Dumbarton, Morton and Raith - I did! 

Our downfall has been slowly building since Levein and Cathro left and Thompson then gave McNamara the same freedom he had given Levein. McNamara hit the jackpot with a couple of signings but the rest of the big sales were the tail end of the Levein era. Jackie then went tonto with the signings thinking that he would continually unearth gems at every corner which of course he didn't because he is awful.

Sensible planning, especially in Scottish football will continually bring you decent (or at least consistent) levels of achievement. Dundee could be at a crossroads right now, if the manager and board are all on the same page then things will be alright (it looks like they are).