All things Dundee FC

Just now, Milnzo said:

I was told that through the week.

O'dea, Harkins and one other fined £100 each for drinking/breaking curfew. The other two paid up, Harkins refused - OYP.

Good night sweet prince. :tears:

I heard the other was Hemmings and he wasn't happy about the fine but paid it anyway.

I know we agreed not to mention Liam Kennedy again but he's been punted/got a new job so won't be reporting on Dundee for much longer.

Ludo, this guy talks such pish I'm sure he's the apprentice to Chic Young. I'd be delighted if it's true. I am fed up with DCT papers as they are badly Tangerine, so this would be good news. Nae trolling here now.

Ludo, this guy talks such pish I'm sure he's the apprentice to Chic Young. I'd be delighted if it's true. I am fed up with DCT papers as they are badly Tangerine, so this would be good news. Nae trolling here now.

It's him that's saying it on Twitter. Says he'll be around for another couple of weeks and that's him done.

You joking?
The majority of DC sports writers are Dees. Duthie, Roache, Robertson, the Courier sports ed is a Dee and so is the new editor Dave Lord.
I don't get how folk think they are biased one way or the other.

1 hour ago, BoobyMann said:

You joking?
The majority of DC sports writers are Dees. Duthie, Roache, Robertson, the Courier sports ed is a Dee and so is the new editor Dave Lord.
I don't get how folk think they are biased one way or the other.

I may be wrong here but are the names you've quoted not simply professional journalists who are simply Dundee supporters / fans as opposed to ex or current Dundee FC employees?  Whereas Christian Dailly, Lee Wilkie and Jim Spence (who all have weekly columns in either the Tele or Courier) are current or ex Dundee United FC employees in some capacity or other.  I can't think of any regular columnist who is a current or ex Dundee FC employee.  I'm not making a statement about whether or not there is bias, just simply that the aforesaid helps play to that narrative.

I may be wrong here but are the names you've quoted not simply professional journalists who are simply Dundee supporters / fans as opposed to ex or current Dundee FC employees?  Whereas Christian Dailly, Lee Wilkie and Jim Spence (who all have weekly columns in either the Tele or Courier) are current or ex Dundee United FC employees in some capacity or other.  I can't think of any regular columnist who is a current or ex Dundee FC employee.  I'm not making a statement about whether or not there is bias, just simply that the aforesaid helps play to that narrative.

Wilkie is ex-DFC.

And the stuff from the others that I've read is hardly pro United over Dundee. The paper's wouldn't allow it.

EDIT: Rab Douglas has a Courier column.

Also, the boy that does blether with Brown hosts functions at Dens at hospitality and everything. Think he's a pretty influential guy.

Just now, BoobyMann said:

Wilkie is ex-DFC.
And the stuff from the others that I've read is hardly pro United over Dundee. The paper's wouldn't allow it.

Haha. I was just trying to amend my post to highlight that Wilkie is ex Dundee when the notification came in saying you'd replied.  No issues with what Wilkie or Spence have written, just suggesting it may play to the narrative.

**Urgent**

Old Granny Danger and Gibby82 missing from these parts since the weekend.

Long time lurkers and perpetual posters, last seen in a boozy confrontation outside the 4J's after Uniteds defeat to Dumbarton.

2016-08-15-07-06-21--1595984548.jpeg

This is the last picture that was taken of both. Gibson can be well seen from his 1980's Abba-like hairstyle, whilst Dangers footsteps can be heard from 500m distance.

Please help.

**Urgent**

Long time lurkers and perpetual posters, last seen in a boozy confrontation outside the 4J's after Uniteds defeat to Dumbarton.

This is the last picture that was taken of both. Gibson can be well seen from his 1980's Abba-like hairstyle, whilst Dangers footsteps can be heard from 500m distance.

Please help.

I've missed you. [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Ian Roache is a United supporter, I can guarantee that. Neil Robertson is neutral as he's more into rugby. The Courier sports ed, Eric Nicolson is NOT a Dee. He hovers somewhere between St Johnstone and Rangers. Take this from someone who worked with these guys. 

3 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

**Urgent**

Please help.

Cheers. I'm safe though. Haven't seen Danger since 7pm on Saturday when he was chapping random doors in the Stobie looking for ketamine and whelks. Sure he'll turn up.

8 minutes ago, DC92 said:

His attitude's clearly complete and utter pish, I very much doubt he's desperate for a move here so I can't imagine it improving much either. Add in that he'd rather throw himself to the ground and moan at referee's instead of actually trying to play football, it's a big no thanks from me.

10 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Do we need another striker? I suppose he is proven at this level. 

And whats with Jordi sayin "Dundee's not Amsterdam" thats like saying "Monaco's not Hamilton"

5 hours ago, DC92 said:

Ffs. The guy would probably be a decent player if he concentrated on playing football rather than throwing himself to the deck like a big girl's blouse at every opportunity. 

I hope Hartley isn't planning on signing him in the hope of getting rid of his attitude and turning him into a player ala Phil Roberts.

An emphatic no from me.

Hartley seems to love a project. Poor attitude, injury prone, amateur football - he'll take it on if he thinks he might end up with a player he couldn't otherwise afford.
I tend to agree that you'll never change this guy however.