All things Dundee FC

Did I miss the original post about Yordi? What's he been saying?

He said that he was homesick when he first arrived and missed everyone back home. Hardly disrespectful and perfectly understandable for any person moving abroad.

He's said that he's settled in now and wants to do well so that's enough for me.

Did I miss the original post about Yordi? What's he been saying?

Meanwhile, Teijsse has revealed how close he came to quitting before he’d even kicked a ball because he was homesick.

The Dutch hitman was plucked from the amateur ranks in the Netherlands this summer and could now play a big part in Hartley’s side.

But he said: “I almost packed my stuff at the start. Dundee’s not Amsterdam and I had to settle in without friends and family.

“I missed everyone in the first three weeks in Scotland. But then I realised this is my chance and I had to go for it. I had a conversation with a neighbour and decided I need to give it a go. I didn’t want to look back and have regrets.”

And Teijsse, who netted his first goal for the club in their Betfred Cup win over Forfar, is glad he stayed. He said: “We played Rangers and there was a hurricane of noise. The atmosphere was amazing. I’ve scored one goal and I just want to do well.

“The manager wants to bring me on slowly because I’m from the Netherlands and it will take some time to get used to.

“The pace of the game is quick, but I am enjoying it and it suits me.”

Juanma's a decent player when he's on it, which means he'd be guaranteed to score against us unless it's a loan deal.

There was a rumour last week that he'd turned down a couple of Premiership teams because he wants to go back to Spain.

Can't really see Juanma being the answer to whatever the question was.

Would like to see a right back (ideally one who could cover at left back too), another central defender and a winger who can take responsibility and try to beat their man.

Probably some more loan players from Crystal Palace/West Brom etc, will arrive, do very little and disappear by January.  

All I know about mallan is he can score a free kick and scored a peach against us

So my questions is to my P&B scouting team is mallan worth the hype, would he be an improvement on Stewart or play nothing like him?

All I know about mallan is he can score a free kick and scored a peach against us

So my questions is to my P&B scouting team is mallan worth the hype, would he be an improvement on Stewart or play nothing like him?

He scored a few goals in half a season including the belter against yourselves. He scored 14 in his first full season last year in a piss poor team.

He's not going to come the finished article, he can score spectacular goals like Stewart did but he's more a central player. Mallan has great technical ability and a great engine but he's not going to dictate the pace of a game and has to work on the dirty side like winning the ball back and being committed to 50/50s.

He's a great talent though and he'll be missed if he does go. How do you replace a 10+goal scoring central midfielder??

Hibs and Dundee are interested in him.

4 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

That was our bid in April that they are referring to.

Paul Hartley is a long-term admirer of the 20-year-old, and lodged a bid for him in April.

It was rejected by the Buddies, with boss Alex Rae describing the offer as ‘derogatory’.

Just now, Arch Stanton said:

Maybe but that Sun article is dated today at 16:39. More than likely still derogatory.

Imagine we'll be a good bit closer than before though. Think the first bid will have been testing the waters and getting an idea of what sort of sum you are looking at.

Don't think this will happen tbh. Our best chance of getting him is if you sell him to some bigger club where he doesn't get game time and we rescue him.  If he could potentially fire you up to the top flight, you can't really put a value on that.