All things Dundee FC

Cracking interview with Iain Ferguson in the Scotsman in which he says we are his favourite club and he also goes on to say, 'f**k the DABs'.

Well, he doesn't quite say that last part but close enough for a guy that scored their most famous goal.

He put in a few good games (Aberdeen away, Motherwell away, Thistle home, Killie home off the top of the head) that I think are erased from the history books. If I recall correctly, he was doing fine and we were all OK with him (there was debate on his end product but most people were fairly positive that he brought something) until he took an injury up at Ross County and he returned a month later in a boring 1-1 against Aberdeen where he seemed to get absolutely slated for everything he did but contributed in our goal. He was then dropped for a tactical reason and didn't return to the starting line up until we played Celtic a couple of times (may have been a double header actually) and was pretty gutless against them.
I don't know why he seems to be really hated but he wasn't that bad a short term signing and we did OK from him. He was a very talented natural footballer with a bit of pace who had lost his way with a serious injury and had no confidence at all so was firing hot and cold.
Do think he might have done OK if he managed to persuade Hibs to rip up his contract that summer, I don't know why they are still holding onto him when he's not doing any development. When you see the videos of his breakthrough and how exciting a prospect he was, I could see why Hartley maybe wanted to mend him.

Our former loanee, Rhys Healey was just breaking into the Cardiff team as he'd played a part in their last 7 games. Anyways, just been confirmed he's out for 9 month with an injury. Double cruciate. Sickener for the lad.

That's made me really sad.

Great performance but if we'd showed a wee bit more composure we could have won far more convincingly. No failures but both full backs, Ojamma and Ohara were excellent today I thought. Even Julen did his job. Great to see a back 4 and the return of Vincent.

What a day.

I totally forgot to post this wee thought in the match thread earlier, so I'll do it now amongst kindred souls. 

I just want to take a wee moment to applaud the progress of Cammy Kerr. At 21 years of age, he's become one of the first names on the team sheet each and every week. After Paul McGinn left in the summer, it was a much debated topic as to whether he was ready for first-team football, or if Hartley should put his long-term trust in him at all. Many of the younger players have had the odd game here and there, most have been short-lived. I for one am glad he did decide to recruit from within.

We all know that he grew up supporting Dundee and that will always make him more interesting to us than the average player, but loving the club and giving 100% every game insn't what I want to congratulate him on today; it's his professionalism that I think is outstanding. He seems to get chopped down quite a bit (fairly or unfairly I'm not too concerned about here) but simply gets up and gets on with it. Doesn't look to get revenge, get silly bookings, lash out, etc, just forgets it and maintains concentration. I think this is a big part in him getting better, consistent each week and always looking to improve.

Humble, hard working and constantly getting better. I think a lot of the players in this league could learn a thing or two from his attitude. 

From one Dee to another, well done Cammy.

3 minutes ago, LiamDFC said:

What a day.

I totally forgot to post this wee thought in the match thread earlier, so I'll do it now amongst kindred souls. 

I just want to take a wee moment to applaud the progress of Cammy Kerr. At 21 years of age, he's become one of the first names on the team sheet each and every week. After Paul McGinn left in the summer, it was a much debated topic as to whether he was ready for first-team football, or if Hartley should put his long-term trust in him at all. Many of the younger players have had the odd game here and there, most have been short-lived. I for one am glad he did decide to recruit from within.

We all know that he grew up supporting Dundee and that will always make him more interesting to us than the average player, but loving the club and giving 100% every game insn't what I want to congratulate him on today; it's his professionalism that I think is outstanding. He seems to get chopped down quite a bit (fairly or unfairly I'm not too concerned about here) but simply gets up and gets on with it. Doesn't look to get revenge, get silly bookings, lash out, etc, just forgets it and maintains concentration. I think this is a big part in him getting better, consistent each week and always looking to improve.

Humble, hard working and constantly getting better. I think a lot of the players in this league could learn a thing or two from his attitude. 

From one Dee to another, well done Cammy.

I was recently speaking to a lad that came through the youth team with Wighton and Kerr.  He reckons CW is the best player they had, by some margin, and that he was always destined to 'make it'.  Kerr, on the other hand , was "limited" as a footballer but that his attitude, work-rate and professionalism was the best in the youths.  Kerr is a guaranteed first pick every week just now and, as you say, he's getting better all the time.  Love him!

I think there's 8 games until the split and if we set up like today and apply the same effort we'll surely avoid the bottom 2 places in the league.  Sneaking into the top 6 would be a dream but must be the target. 

Thought Vincent was a bit of a hero today (amongst others). 

Seems weird reading Ranger Media and they're saying that their midfield was overran today.  How many times have we said that about us this season?? 

Well done Dundee.  Love it  8)

That was great today, the team has now set a bench mark. There is no reason why we cant see the same effort level every week, with the exception of Kerr as he does that anyway. If we carry on at least with our home form like this then I have every confidence of a top 6 finish.

Well done Hitman, you have pulled it out the bag just in time (again). 

1 hour ago, RossDee01 said:

Just noticed we've taken 17 out of a possible 21 points in our last 7 home games. That's including games against 3 of the top 5.

Fortress Dens*

*in the league.