Referendum night. Expected results

~~~

My daughters five on the 20th. The wife wants us to go bowling on the 18th as a birthday treat. I'm not going to enjoy that. Going to be snappy all day.

Is it 10 pin bowling? I've not played that for decades but if it is you can be really aggressive and get any pent up frustration out of your system.

Imagine the pins are people you don't like.

Having read that maybes it's just as well I don't bowl.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed I counted the YES and NO boards that I could see when driving to work this morning.

My 11 mile commute from rural Perthshire to Dundee starts strongly for the NO side, by the time I leave my 'village' which is surrounded by poverty pleading farmers, the score is 4:1 to the NO camp, a few miles later I enter Angus and Newtyle swings the count back to 5:4 NO, by the time I hit the out skirts of Dundee through Birkhill, YES has a solid 12:6 lead, from then on in it is all YES and they finish with a comfortable 22:6 pumping.

I do a fair bit of driving around Tayside and apart from the farmers (fucking Tory arseholes) I've genuinely only seen two cars with NO stickers.

I accept the YES people may be more passionate than the NOs but the extent of the difference is staggering.

Eliean Siar a 2??? :lol:

What a load of absolute nonsense. The person doing this has clearly got it into their head that all the Scottish islands are self-loathing Scots who would rather be governed from London than Holyrood.

Angus MacNeil and Alasdair Allan have comfortably been the choices for MP and MSP respectively since 2007.

We will vote Yes here. The only thing that might prevent it being a landslide is the ridiculous amount of English people who live here now, but even then I'm sure some of them are voting Yes too.

Just away to add this.

Barra and the south are near on 80% yes from what I'm hearing.

Western Isles will be a strong Yes vote challenging Dundee for that biggest number.

Is Clackmannashire that firm for Yes? Same with Perth and Angus. I think Yes can win all 3, but I ken a fermer from Clackmannashire and although he's a Yes - he thinks it'll be 51-49 or so. Same with Angus, Perthshire - they vote SNP, but tons of Tory voters too in those areas.

Despite the encouraging signs that people have been seeing a huge amount of YES support around the country I still worry about the 'silent majority' who don't feel the need to proclaim their allegiances. The YES campaign has undoubtedly shouted the loudest and is much more visible, I just hope it actually turns into real votes and an overall YES win.

As a few previous posters have mentioned it will be one hell of a night if they are just doing it one by one and updating the count as we go, it seems like that is the way it will happen though.

I am going to be an absolute fucking nervous wreck. South Ayrshire has been know to take ages to declare, so red bull and pro plus are the order of the day.. I'm not convinced by these timings and apparently very few of the 32 councils were willing to give an estimate to whoever came up with list.

I'd expect Inverclyde to break for No but I'd also expect it to be surprisingly tight. The same socio-economic concerns identified in a Glasgow vote are just as apparent here, and the SNP has been steadily increasing its presence over the last decade. There also doesn't seem to be much in the way of No campaigning other than the usual donkey in a red rosette leaflets through the door. I suspect Kilmacolm will be more 'staunch' though.

What a load of absolute nonsense. The person doing this has clearly got it into their head that all the Scottish islands are self-loathing Scots who would rather be governed from London than Holyrood.

Angus MacNeil and Alasdair Allan have comfortably been the choices for MP and MSP respectively since 2007.

We will vote Yes here. The only thing that might prevent it being a landslide is the ridiculous amount of English people who live here now, but even then I'm sure some of them are voting Yes too.

At what point and on what scale does the number of English people living in an area become ridiculous?

Brought up in South Lanarkshire, so it's good to see South Lanarkshire looking good for a Yes. Parents in S. Lanarkshire have already voted Yes.

Plus, now living in West Lothian, which is looking strong for Yes on that chart too. I like the way this is going.

I'm going to be an absolute wreck on the night of the 18th. It's already causing distraction, couldn't concentrate at work today at all.

Despite the encouraging signs that people have been seeing a huge amount of YES support around the country I still worry about the 'silent majority' who don't feel the need to proclaim their allegiances. The YES campaign has undoubtedly shouted the loudest and is much more visible, I just hope it actually turns into real votes and an overall YES win.

As a few previous posters have mentioned it will be one hell of a night if they are just doing it one by one and updating the count as we go, it seems like that is the way it will happen though.

The "silent majority" works both ways. I don't have a flag or any posters on my window.

Falkirk's looking good too. If you saw the JoLa snippet last night you'll have noticed how tight the camera angles were. There was bigger crowds at the bus rank. YES stalls are up at The Steeple, Stenhousemuir and Grangemouth Saturday and Sunday.

Fully expect the Glasgow gathering to be an absolute belter.

The "silent majority" works both ways. I don't have a flag or any posters on my window.

Me neither and I hope you are right. I just have pre-vote jitters. I need a kick up the backside to get my confidence back into gear, and I know that Granny Danger can actually physically do that (although I hope he doesn't) at Tannadice tomorrow. My family and my friends are all YES voters so I will seek comfort in them until next Thursday!

I know it's not Western Isles but I was in Skye two weeks ago and I was really surprised at how pro-yes it was, even all the oldies were firm yes voters. 75% minimum I would've thought.

Archived