Partick Thistle vs St Mirren - 19/09/14

I'm of the opinion that if we score in the first 20 minutes we should win this easily. St Mirren's confidence will be non-existent so we should look to be starting well like we did away to Dundee. I'd be looking to get it wide to Higgy and Lawless or the full-backs if they're overlapping and sticking in balls for Doolan, Stevenson and Higgy (unless he crosses it obviously) to attack as St Mirren's defence has looked dreadful with no communication or shape.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought I was going to Still Game live next week. Tickets have arrived, turns out its tomorrow so I'm missing this one. :(

On the plus side it should either cheer me up or magnify an already soaring mood post referendum. I'm sure I'll hear the nuclear, eardrum-shattering explosion when Ozzy and Osman inevitably thud into each other from the Hydro anyway.

I'm of the opinion that if we score in the first 20 minutes we should win this easily. St Mirren's confidence will be non-existent so we should look to be starting well like we did away to Dundee. I'd be looking to get it wide to Higgy and Lawless or the full-backs if they're overlapping and sticking in balls for Doolan, Stevenson and Higgy (unless he crosses it obviously) to attack as St Mirren's defence has looked dreadful with no communication or shape.

We have started most games well to to honest. It's after we have missed a couple of chances we lose confidence.

If we got the first goal I think we'd be a different team, instead of chasing games from behind.

Since I'm feeling dour as f**k, I'm really not much fussed about this just now. I think we'll see pitiful supports from both sides and we'll be lucky to scrape past 3,000 in attendance.

Nonetheless, Partick Thistle is one of the few things I can clutch to right now to keep my spirits up. Midfield will be an interesting battle, if Osman and Bannigan can break up play the way they did v ICT then I think we can then look to an on form Higginbotham to cause an unsure defence problems.

0-3 though.

Since I'm feeling dour as f**k, I'm really not much fussed about this just now. I think we'll see pitiful supports from both sides and we'll be lucky to scrape past 3,000 in attendance.

Nonetheless, Partick Thistle is one of the few things I can clutch to right now to keep my spirits up. Midfield will be an interesting battle, if Osman and Bannigan can break up play the way they did v ICT then I think we can then look to an on form Higginbotham to cause an unsure defence problems.

0-3 though.

Awww! Never mind you have the Yes vote derby to look forward to.

3 points here could really help build a very useful lead over St Mirren indeed for this stage in the season. If we could open up a 10 point gap between us and one of St Mirren or County by Christmas I think Archie would be delighted.

Not been to Firhill since the County game for various reasons so looking forward to seeing Carroll and maybe Eccleston in action.

Archived