Polling stations now open...

Hillonearth

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scum. Sub human scum.

I'm fae Speirs Wharf I'll have you know.

You can imagine my disgust when I found out I had to go to Possil. Considered voting tonight and watching the game at the Saracen Bar, but apparently I'll end up in the canal if I do.

Went up about half 10 this morning, bit of a lump in my throat when I marked the X down.

Pretty dead at that time but I did see two old wifies in front of me voting Yes.

Not sure why but it really raised my spirits to see two people in the ultimate No demographic voting Yes.

Long night ahead :)

I'm fae Speirs Wharf I'll have you know.

You can imagine my disgust when I found out I had to go to Possil. Considered voting tonight and watching the game at the Saracen Bar, but apparently I'll end up in the canal if I do.

Was there any sign of anything untoward at that point?

Supposedly a bit of a stand off between OO/Loyalist types in full uniform and some equally passionate Yes voters in fairly standard garb.

Number 4. My da just noted that his mate, staunch No, just voted yes. He was staunch no last night! Four people in my circle that just could not x no at polling booth

Interesting to hear all these stories - living in London I don't get a vote so can't experience it. Am wiped out with tonsilitis at the moment so a long day ahead with no work to distract me.

Hopefully, these are all examples of what the polling companies have been saying when they had no idea about "ballot box behaviour" in this referendum. Fingers crossed it gives Yes the edge.

Anyone else post their vote and then immediately shit themselves thinking that they crossed the No box by accident? :lol: I worry too much...

Yep. X in the yes box. Checked it. Checked it again. And again. Still feel as if I should have checked it one more time, just to be on the safe side!

From the bbc website:

It was a grey dawn in Edinburgh, the moisture clinging to the old buildings, seeping into the sandstone.

At Tollcross Primary School, the weather didn't seem to deter the voters. The first arrived at five minutes to seven, before the polls had opened, clutching her voting card, eager to be the first to place her cross.

As the morning wore on and the darkness began to recede, the first trickle of voters became a stream.

A paramedic in his hi-vis jacket, a businessman in a smart suit, schoolteachers, a man clutching his baby to his chest; all were heading to the same destination - the ballot box for a private moment with a pencil and paper - and a choice: Yes or No.

These were personal moments, private and privileged, there was a stillness about the scene.

The airwaves, full of chatter for so long, had fallen silent as required by law. This was the moment, not for politicians or commentators, but for Scotland to speak. Tomorrow, we will find out what it said.

I'm getting so fuckin emotional about this. Need to calm down........

Archived