Polling stations now open...

Hillonearth

Yep. X in the yes box. Checked it. Checked it again. And again. Still feel as if I should have checked it one more time, just to be on the safe side!

I'm glad my son triple checked it for me. Even so, I'm still a bit worried that I put it in the wrong one. It's just that kind of day, I guess.

Just heard police sirens go past the house. Might have another walk with the dog to see what's up. God, I'm turning into my granny that used to hold a staring contest with a group of crows that liked to hang about in a tree near her house.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fucking weird experience. I was greeted by 2 yes campaigners who merely just politely said hi. My polling station is in a posh bit with plenty of old folk so I'm going around paranoid as f**k thinking all the oldies will be voting no. Stayed in the car park for 15 minutes just to have a nosey and a blether with everyone on my phone about how the vote was.

Regardless of the outcome I'll never forget that feeling. :)

Fucking weird experience. I was greeted by 2 yes campaigners who merely just politely said hi. My polling station is in a posh bit with plenty of old folk so I'm going around paranoid as f**k thinking all the oldies will be voting no. Stayed in the car park for 15 minutes just to have a nosey and a blether with everyone on my phone about how the vote was.

Regardless of the outcome I'll never forget that feeling. :)

And are the oldies voting No?

Councillor in Clydebank was attacked at the polling booth in Faifley.

Also a bit of aggro in Balloch, from what I am hearing.

From what I see at work, Balloch seems to attract and be home to an absolute plethora of reprobates and troglodytes.

On lunch break now, been a long day campaigning so far knocking doors and manning the station, but got a really good feeling.

Plenty of winks and nods as people leaving the booth, along with a decent more visible support. Our silent majority of No are certainly mobilised in Renfrewshire.

Turn out is awesome. In my particular polling area there were 600 odd votes total for the last Euro election. There's already over 1000, and that's not counting postal votes.

Well thats my vote cast. Polling station seemed a little busier inside and there were a lot more parked cars than i'd expect.

Most notable tho was that they had taken the decision to have 3 sets of booths rather than the normal 2. I think that will be needed come 5.30 and people getting in from work.

Archived