Up all night thread

1320Lichtie

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, absolutely scunnered at that result. Although over 1.5 million Scottish people voted for independence. Well done to all those who voted. We all have to move on and accept we are staying as part of the UK. Let's see if they keep their promise and give us these "more powers".

^^^^

Verge of tears etc.

As soon as I saw the Clackmannanshire results, I knew that was a very bad sign. Once I heard the preliminary results for East and West Lothian I knew it was over. So I pretty much decided to crash at that point. One thing I will say, I think it's naive at best to think Westminster will give us more powers down the line. They'll be talk for a few weeks about it, but by next year it will be kicked into the long grass.

It was always going to be a big ask to convince the OAP's and people who are on the verge of retirement to vote Yes. Given they've grown up during the war or in post war Britain. However, the big trump card the No campaign had was the great unknown. All they had to do was paint enough uncertainty, refuse to show their hand in the event of a yes vote, demand impossible proof from the Yes side as well as asking for plan B,C, and D. It also helped that they had MSM squarely in their corner.

It's probably going to take another 20-30 years to get a big enough demographic shift to the yes side.

Shouldn't have let anyone over 65 vote! Too many looking backwards and living in the past

I don't get this, we keep being told to "think of our children & our childrens childrens future", and all the old codgers think of no-one but themselves.

At what age do we stop voting "for our children" ?

Just watching Darling there :thumbsdown .

The next few years will simply be the Westminster parties setting the terms of the discussion and we have to listen.

I care not a jot about their 'extra powers' conversation exercise, and I think it's going to be an age before we can get another independence referendum.

Not sure what to do with myself today.

Shouldn't have let anyone over 65 vote! Too many looking backwards and living in the past

I'm assuming you are just kidding. We live in a democracy everyone is entitled to vote.

However, when the in depth analysis takes place, if this age group has proven to be the deciding factor in a NO vote then it gives justification for another referendum in 10-15 years.

Not even going to sugar-coat it like others. I'll be honest. I'm fucking raging.

I'm not as angry as I thought I would be. I'm more determined than ever though that we have to continue with the fight for independence.

I'll probably get really angry in a few years time when we get a Tory government elected at Westminister that Scotland has not voted for.

I don't get this, we keep being told to "think of our children & our childrens childrens future", and all the old codgers think of no-one but themselves.

At what age do we stop voting "for our children" ?

- Dave, Skegness

We had our chance and we bottled it.

Time to get on with it, but it's time to realise that there is no country of scotland but simply a region of the UK with the same name.

We shall see what new powers they meant....I highly doubt we will get any. Simply an extension of existing of devolved powers.

Archived