Up all night thread

1320Lichtie

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just up and obviously disappointed, but unsurprised with the result. However those claiming that all that voted No are "traitors" or "scumbags" really need to have a word with themselves.

Well said.

Those people don't seem to realise that that attitude contributed directly to people voting No.

Lex, on 19 Sept 2014 - 05:45, said:

Salmond should and I suspect will tender his resignation post haste.

Nonsense. Salmond has done an absolutely brilliant job getting it this far. Truly one of the best politicians around. I suspect he will be gone by the end of his term though which is a sad sight for Scotland.

Incredible just how many of the political commentators are in agreement and can see through the supposed extra powers and timetable pish.

Did no voters really vote that way after they heard of all of that.

Also with regards to Salmond, think he really neglected lots of folk over Team Scotland stuff..

Nonsense. Salmond has done an absolutely brilliant job getting it this far. Truly one of the best politicians around. I suspect he will be gone by the end of his term though which is a sad sight for Scotland.

He's finished. He's a good politician, but he has to go now.

He has to give Nicola the chance to build the party toward the next Scottish elections, which they will likely win.

To stay on after this defeat would be nothing short of disgraceful egoism.

The Government has won tonight, Westminster that is. Thirty- odd years of turning the Uk into a state dependant nation has worked a treat. Selfishness and self-interest was the difference and is stunning evidence that the UK is split and that Scotland, despite our delusion that we are a country, has complied to being just another region of Britain. And accepting of the culture that those who have will be protected, those that don't will be cast asunder and those that have even more will continue to control and dominate.

Very sad for the young people of Scotland. Overwhelming feeling of treachery at the moment.

Many of the 1.2m and counting who voted yes will be feeling the same

Why should he? He's the democratically elected FM until 2016.

Exactly, he's done a good job since 2007 as have the SNP on the whole given the constraints of Westminster controlling your budget

You mean fulfilling his democratic mandate. I don't think you're very well placed.to.be.judging what's disgraceful either.

Salmond staying on harms the SNP.

Speaking an SNP voter, he must go. He's been around for long enough, he needs to let the party move on without him.

Archived