Up all night thread

1320Lichtie

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sincerely hope I'm wrong but this is such a massive opportunity missed. I'm fucking devastated.

In saying that, the increase in support for independence in such a short period of time is truly remarkable. Whether or not it happens remains to be seen but I can't help but feel we've fucked it.

Now we sit back and watch nothing changing in scotland, westminster will now concentrate on giving more powers to english regions to keep them happy & scotland will be forgotten about.

And i've already got some smug english p***k on facebook being an arsehole, I'd like to punch him when i get to work....But i wont.

Just go for it mate, nothing else to live for

I'm obviously disappointed, but it's a high turnout and they have spoken. I'm not in the business of doom mongering and being all out bitter about it. I do think that people have made a grave mistake here, but I sincerely hope that I am wrong about that. I don't want my niece and nephews to grow up in a horror show of a country.

If the unionist parties don't deliver on their promises, I wonder how long we'll have to wait for another independence vote.

Or would we just roll over again?

Do only the 6 areas which voted YES have working class people living there!

Maybe you csn explain why the likes of Inverclyde, which can hardly be described as affluent, rich or full of farmers, voted NO then ?

The answers are in my post you quoted :huh:

Westminster shafting us will make not a slightest bit of difference to another Referendum. The people who voted No yesterday won't be all that bothered.

The only thing that opens this up again is time. Once the conservative elderly make way and the tradishunnul Labour man vote is diluted by a few more decades of red Toryism.

It's over for now.

Scotland V England 6 nations. 60k Scots sing Flower of Scotland yet thousands and thousands of them are no voters.

Absolutely disgraceful. Where we go from here I don't know but there's not a chance this nation is gonna settle down and take it up the chuff from westminster!

Scotland V England 6 nations. 60k Scots sing Flower of Scotland yet thousands and thousands of them are no voters.

Absolutely disgraceful. Where we go from here I don't know but there's not a chance this nation is gonna settle down and take it up the chuff from westminster!

Rugby is utterly shite though and probably a sport utterly dominated by No voters.

Westminster shafting us will make not a slightest bit of difference to another Referendum. The people who voted No yesterday won't be all that bothered. The only thing that opens this up again is time. Once the conservative elderly make way and the tradishunnul Labour man vote is diluted by a few more decades of red Toryism. It's over for now.

The 1.5M Yes voters are likely to be confirmed in their beliefs and are unlikely to switch sides in any numbers. The Noes, on the other hand, can be worked on, especially if Salmond can provide answers to the Europe and Sterling questions. If the SNP can hold onto Holyrood and go on to return a good number of MPs to WM, who knows?

I'm assuming, though, that this campaign must have emptied the SNP's coffers. It will surely take years to build up sufficient funds to mount another campaign.

Archived