Canada vs New Zealand

Geronimo

Yes Fallout  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Canada's scary beasties are generally bigger than NZ's.

You'll get mauled by a bear, gored by a moose or trampled by a caribou. Don't know much about NZ other than they have a lot of sheep.

I think Canada's scary beasties are generally bigger than NZ's.

You'll get mauled by a bear, gored by a moose or trampled by a caribou. Don't know much about NZ other than they have a lot of sheep.

The beaks on those Kiwi birds look needle sharp

New Zealand mate. No snakes a couple of dodgy spiders that will give you a sore one but not kill you. Population similar to Scotland that governs itself and is very prosperous. Imagine that. Also consistently voted one of the places in the world to stay.

New Zealand currently has a National (ie. Tory) government.

Their tory government still has more respect for the people than our supposed centre left parties, never mind the actual tories.

Go to New Zealand, a country very similar to Scotland but not full of self loathing serfs.

Have worked in Canada. It's a bit of an adjustment culturally because people tend to be very polite and avoid expressing forthright opinions in a polar opposite from working class Scotland sort of way, but once you get used to it, it can be a great place to live. Would recommend it to anyone who is serious about starting over and leaving Scotland permanently. Especially the parts in and around Toronto or Vancouver where they are a lot more used to incomers and don't have a chip on their shoulder about people taking their jobs etc etc. Quebec with the language issue, the Prairies and especially the Maritimes not so much. Never been to New Zealand but from what I've always heard it's a bit like stepping back into the 1950s.

...especially Columbus, which is the outer fringes of the bible belt. Canada's a big place, so there are plenty of parts of it that are more like Ohio than Toronto. That's how Stephen Harper gets to be the prime minister, basically.

Unfortunately, the bible belt seems to get bigger every day. One of my big fears about the US is how the intelligent design mob are infiltrating schools.

As for Columbus, it's a boring college city surrounded by suburbs full of soccer moms, fat people and hillbillies. Moving to Florida or California within 5 years. That said, when I was over in the UK last year I was itching to get back to the States. It just seemed so stagnant.

Can you get permanent visas for Canada pretty readily? I guess I should just Google this really.

Its a country I always fancied trying but have never been.

I lived and worked for 6 months in NZ in 2005, really enjoyed it, far more so than Australia.

Archived