Ed Miliband

Ludo*1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
THE KING, on 19 Sept 2014 - 15:30, said:

He's refused to sign up to Cameron's plan not refused to sign up for more powers, but it's a fudge anyway

Essentially the same thing, Labour won't sign up to the Tories plans and the Tories won't sign up to Labour's plans, hence creating a vacuum whereby we get nothing. Scotland is shafted (Perhaps deservedly so).

He's not rejecting any new powers for Scotland.

He's rejecting the English side of the equation that Cameron put forward. Bold move, and one that I theoretically agree with, but I can't see it working out for him. Cameron can just say 'accept it all or reject it all' knowing that Miliband cannot risk the Labour vote in Scotland and would have to accept the whole thing.

jmothecat, on 19 Sept 2014 - 15:36, said:

He's rejecting the English side of the equation that Cameron put forward. Bold move, and one that I theoretically agree with, but I can't see it working out for him. Cameron can just say 'accept it all or reject it all' knowing that Miliband cannot risk the Labour vote in Scotland and would have to accept the whole thing.

I thought all three had agreed on their pledge?! Oh that's right, they didn't agree on absolutely anything specifically and just gave the pretence that they did.

I thought all three had agreed on their pledge?! Oh that's right, they didn't agree on absolutely anything specifically and just gave the pretence that they did.

The agreement was on the Scottish issue, not on the English one. Miliband is saying he doesn't agree with the English aspect.

Cameron 2 years ago.....

By a Newsnet reporter

UK Prime Minister David Cameron has flatly ruled out any extension to tax raising powers for Scotland beyond the proposals contained in the Scotland Bill which is currently going through the Westminster Parliament.

The Prime Minister also refuses to consider devolving any part of the benefits system to Holyrood, according to reports in today's Scotland on Sunday.

According to the newspaper, a spokesperson for the Conservative Prime Minister has described additional powers for the Scottish Parliament as "inconsistent" with remaining a part of the United Kingdom.

If Scots desire greater control over their own affairs, they will have no option but to choose independence. The UK government believes that a single UK tax and benefits system is the "heart" of the UK, and will not countenance devolving any of these powers to Holyrood.

The agreement was on the Scottish issue, not on the English one. Miliband is saying he doesn't agree with the English aspect.

He has spotted that Cameron has him backed into a corner on this in relation to the Labours dependence on Scottish MP's. <at WM>

There is now way this vow was just a move to appease undecided voters, no way, no fucking way.

Can't believe the cynics on here...

In fact it's probably been carved up this way, Labour don't agree to one offer, Tories don't agree to the other so they both know neither will be introduced.

You're the stupidest person ever

This will now become a reshaping of the entire UK political system. The WM elite system is archaic and not fir for purpose. All of the UK needs to pull together on getting this right for all.

You're right. Hopefully some unelected peers will be put in charge

Miliband has quite possibly just lost Labour the election.

Archived