Which P & B yes voter is the most seething?

bogsideloyal

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Many people on here got involved in grassroots campaigning for a political issue they passionately believe in, and some have been waiting for this vote for decades. Of course they're going to be upset. To rub their noses in it is a quite crass.

Saying that, I'd get a bit of enjoyment from seeing Parp have a meltdown, because he's a permanantly raging lunatic.

agree to a point but when it gets to criticising reasons why folk have voted no, making generalisations etc. Then I lose sympathy. Rarely seen more bitter people here and on Fbook especially the cringy 45 thing.

On and Pandarillia who puts on a facade of intelligence. I invite you to read his comments about British and Scottish nationalism where he contradicts himself. Really thick c**t

Ouch.

A façade of intelligence? Harsh.

What part of my comments about British Vs Scottish nationalism did you disagree with?

I think British nationalism is, by and large, ethnic nationalism - which tends to be exclusive, superior, and right wing in nature.

I think Scottish nationalism (as seen in the Yes campaign) is, by and large, civic nationalism - which tends to be open, inclusive and left wing in nature.

There will be a few exceptions but I didn't think this point was too contentious.

The debate on here post result has been far superior to pre vote.

Some epic loser seethe of course but also lots more reasoned discussion of Yes s weaknesses.

Been quite good in general.

yes didn't have any weaknesses, it was a no vote because loads of folk didn't read the wings over Scotland shite.

agree to a point but when it gets to criticising reasons why folk have voted no, making generalisations etc. Then I lose sympathy. Rarely seen more bitter people here and on Fbook especially the cringy 45 thing.

I agree as well. A lot of people have been decent and rational.

Many others toy throwing disgraces. No sympathy for them .

Anyone demanding a recount is a moron.

We lost by 400,000 votes for f**k sake.

Agreed. A recount is a preposterous request.

We just have to move on and accept that the majority of those in the 18-24 and 55+ age bracket are abject weapons.

:)

Ouch.

A façade of intelligence? Harsh.

What part of my comments about British Vs Scottish nationalism did you disagree with?

I think British nationalism is, by and large, ethnic nationalism - which tends to be exclusive, superior, and right wing in nature.

I think Scottish nationalism (as seen in the Yes campaign) is, by and large, civic nationalism - which tends to be open, inclusive and left wing in nature.

There will be a few exceptions but I didn't think this point was too contentious.

Contradictory -

:snapback.png

Scottish Nationalism = almost entirely civic nationalism = quite progressive = Left Wing

British Nationalism = mainly ethnic nationalism = usually backwards = Right Wing

Just a wee extension...

Tom Devine? The historian who voted Yes?

Of course there are Left and Right folk in both camps. But this discussion was about British nationalism Vs Scottish nationalism. A very different argument.

So which one is it? oh and as for "civic" nationalism, being an exclusively Scottish concept according the great Devine?

In the United Kingdom, the following parties can be considered civic nationalist: the Conservative Party[8] who advocate British Unionism, the Ulster Unionist Party, who promote Northern Ireland Unionism, the Scottish National Party[9][10][11] and Plaid Cymru (The Party of Wales),[11] which advocate independence from the United Kingdom, and the Social Democratic and Labour Party,[12] which supports a United Ireland.[12]Sinn Fein, which also supports a united Ireland could also be considered civic nationalist.[13] Also, civic nationalism in post-Soviet Ukraine has prevailed since the Orange Revolution.[14] Outside Europe, it has also been used to describe the Civil war era Republican party in the United States.[15]

Tam should stick to talking about Sectarianism and you should opt out of arguments you know nothing about

Agreed. A recount is a preposterous request.

We just have to move on and accept that the majority of those in the 18-24 and 55+ age bracket are abject weapons.

:)

poll only asked 84 18-24 year olds.... That doesn't make a result that any sort of conclusion can be drawn from.

*Ding Ding*

We have a winner boys & girls.

To be honest I think I should be put on this poll as i'm Seething that 45% of my countrymen & woman bought into the Yes campaign fear, lies and intemidation. Luckily independance has now been defeated we can move on together and put it behind us.

*Ding Ding*

To be honest I think I should be put on this poll as i'm Seething that 45% of my countrymen & woman bought into the Yes campaign fear, lies and intemidation. Luckily independance has now been defeated we can move on together and put it behind us.

I'll freely admit I'm seething. I accept the result wholly, but I'm jolly upset about it, what.

Wee bit of British bluster at the end there, just for the 55%.

*Ding Ding*

You forgot putting the Great back into Great Britain

Losing your touch Wallace ;)

*Ding Ding*

More incredible irony.

I'm starting to think you're a troll Wallace - and I've been dangling on the end of your rod all along (ooh er missus).

No-one can be that stupid and that ironic at the same time.

Contradictory -

:snapback.png

Just a wee extension...

So which one is it? oh and as for "civic" nationalism, being an exclusively Scottish concept according the great Devine?

In the United Kingdom, the following parties can be considered civic nationalist: the Conservative Party[8] who advocate British Unionism, the Ulster Unionist Party, who promote Northern Ireland Unionism, the Scottish National Party[9][10][11] and Plaid Cymru (The Party of Wales),[11] which advocate independence from the United Kingdom, and the Social Democratic and Labour Party,[12] which supports a United Ireland.[12]Sinn Fein, which also supports a united Ireland could also be considered civic nationalist.[13] Also, civic nationalism in post-Soviet Ukraine has prevailed since the Orange Revolution.[14] Outside Europe, it has also been used to describe the Civil war era Republican party in the United States.[15]

Tam should stick to talking about Sectarianism and you should opt out of arguments you know nothing about

One type, civic nationalism, maintains that the nation should be composed of all those-regardless of race, color, creed, gender, language, or ethnicity-who subscribe to the nation's political creed. This nationalism is called civic because it envisages' the nation as a community of equal, rights-bearing citizens, united in patriotic attachment to a shared set of political practices and values. This nationalism is necessarily democratic, since it vests sovereignty in all of the people. Michael Ignatieff

Might be going out a limb here, but I'd say that more closely describes the philosophy of the SNP than the EDL.

Might be going out a limb here, but I'd say that more closely describes the philosophy of the SNP than the EDL.

Scottish Nationalism = almost entirely civic nationalism = quite progressive = Left Wing

British Nationalism = mainly ethnic nationalism = usually backwards = Right Wing

Most UK political parties profess to being civic nationalists. The EDL are a minority party.

Archived