Which P & B yes voter is the most seething?

bogsideloyal

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scottish Nationalism = almost entirely civic nationalism = quite progressive = Left Wing

British Nationalism = mainly ethnic nationalism = usually backwards = Right Wing

Most UK political parties profess to being civic nationalists. The EDL are a minority party.

The only parties in England that describe themselves as Nationalist are the BNP, EDL and maybe UKIP at a push.

The only parties in England that describe themselves as Nationalist are the BNP, EDL and maybe UKIP at a push.

Tom Devine was arguing about why we should vote for independence.

:o

You don't think he was misleading by talking about minority British nationalist parties do you?

Ohh this is a tough one. Romeo / I am Lord / CB.

I'd go for CB though. His tear stained thread about Judas voters which I didn't read contained responses which were nearly as funny as his imaginary put downs of No campaigners at polling stations.

Btw if you haven't read that (It's in one of the polling station threads) I suggest you check it out. Hilarious stuff

Thick. As. Fúck.

As for who's seething - anyone who has seen their chance of self-determination taken from them by the ignorant, frightened and selfish.

As for who lost - Scotland, I'm afraid. Not even 10 hours until the scum at Westminster started backtracking. Tell me that was a surprise.

Thick. As. Fúck.

As for who's seething - anyone who has seen their chance of self-determination taken from them by the ignorant, frightened and selfish.

As for who lost - Scotland, I'm afraid. Not even 10 hours until the scum at Westminster started backtracking. Tell me that was a surprise.

Oooh.. it's a good late bid...

Thick. As. Fúck.

Have you read CB's posts? Even Yes voters thought they were angry rants.....much like your post here :lol:

Contradictory -

:snapback.png

Just a wee extension...

So which one is it? oh and as for "civic" nationalism, being an exclusively Scottish concept according the great Devine?

In the United Kingdom, the following parties can be considered civic nationalist: the Conservative Party[8] who advocate British Unionism, the Ulster Unionist Party, who promote Northern Ireland Unionism, the Scottish National Party[9][10][11] and Plaid Cymru (The Party of Wales),[11] which advocate independence from the United Kingdom, and the Social Democratic and Labour Party,[12] which supports a United Ireland.[12]Sinn Fein, which also supports a united Ireland could also be considered civic nationalist.[13] Also, civic nationalism in post-Soviet Ukraine has prevailed since the Orange Revolution.[14] Outside Europe, it has also been used to describe the Civil war era Republican party in the United States.[15]

Tam should stick to talking about Sectarianism and you should opt out of arguments you know nothing about

What is wrong with you?

I never said at any point that civic nationalism was a Scottish-only concept! Where are you getting that?

And you think I'm contradicting myself when I'm not.

Not all Yes voters are Scottish nationalists.

Not all No voters are British nationalists.

Many left wing folk voted Yes - a few right wing folk also voted Yes.

A few No voters would describe themselves as left wing, quite a few would be right wing.

There is no contradiction in what I posted - and Tom Devine pretty much backs up my point (although I would argue that the Tory party veer very close to ethnic nationalism at times - in the sense that it can be anti-immigration and more than a little superior in attitude).

Please read all this carefully.

What is wrong with you?

I never said at any point that civic nationalism was a Scottish-only concept! Where are you getting that?

And you think I'm contradicting myself when I'm not.

Not all Yes voters are Scottish nationalists.

Not all No voters are British nationalists.

Many left wing folk voted Yes - a few right wing folk also voted Yes.

A few No voters would describe themselves as left wing, quite a few would be right wing.

There is no contradiction in what I posted - and Tom Devine pretty much backs up my point (although I would argue that the Tory party veer very close to ethnic nationalism at times - in the sense that it can be anti-immigration and more than a little superior in attitude).

Please read all this carefully.

Oh so we were talking about it in the context of a referendum debate but these are general political theories. I think Devine did the same trick on a discussion programme and he went into a spittle spraying, verge of tears type rant too. If Tom Devine backs you up, that's good enough for me :rolleyes:

Oh so we were talking about it in the context of a referendum debate but these are general political theories. I think Devine did the same trick on a discussion programme and he went into a spittle spraying, verge of tears type rant too. If Tom Devine backs you up, that's good enough for me :rolleyes:

Tom Devine is the nation's most eminent.

You, on the other hand, are a tedious, thick c**t bashing away furiously on your laptop.

John Lambie Doos or similar was very vocal last week...

I think he's still off finding Twitter claims of Yes leads in the postal votes category.

He could be like one of the Japanese veterens emerging from the jungle after 20 years unaware the war has been lost.

Archived