Raith v Falkirk

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A point and a clean sheet is not the worst result in the world, however given how poor Falkirk were, we really should have taken all three points.

Defensively we seem a little bit more watertight (Paul Watson was my shout for MoM) however it was the final third that we just lacked that little bit of quality in. I would have liked to have seen Stewart come on and feed off Nade.

However its another point on the board and clean sheet.

On the game...

OTJ the worst for us. Lazy and slow as a week in jail. Every time the ball came near him he just hoofed it away anywhere. Totally hopeless and should have been subbed.

Sibbald the best player on the pitch imo and we did have some nice play to get in to good positions. Then Leahy, Loy, Shaughnessey, Smith, Boulding et al managed to f**k up the task of putting a decent ball across the face of goal to create a chance/goal.

Positives...like I said Sibbald. Grant also looked solid, much improved from when I saw him vs Cowdenbeath. MacDonald made a couple of good saves. I felt the formation was better today after just about every one tried, 4-4-2 diamond - Alston was very quiet playing behind the strikers and is probably more effective playing slightly deeper imo. Biabi also did ok when he came on.

Right now, we are a shadow of our team last season. Three draws on the trot in games we would (probably) have won this time last year. And very little entertainment.

On to Alloa next week, got to get the team clicking soon Houstie...

A tale of two teams who could get the ball to the final third, but had no ability to do anything. From our point of view, it was good to end a run of almost a year without a clean sheet at home, but disappointing we couldn't forge any solid chances. Ironically, in the first half we troubled McDonald through a couple of scuffs and sliced shots than gilt edge chances. The game was summed up in the space for 1 minute where Falkirk had the ball in our box and were too compressed to create a chance, and eventually lost it. We charged up the pitch, before failing due to a poor delivery.

For ourselves, I felt Scott had a solid game charging about the pitch. Fox reverted back to lumping the ball into space rather than passing. McKay looked very solid on the ball and will cause teams problems with his pace. Taiwo was absolutely anonymous in his 45 minutes for Falkirk. Truly woeful.

Not the worst result we'll have this seeason, but certainly a shame we couldn't take the three points.

Lots of huff and puff, a few half chances, but mostly pretty frustrating. Pretty underwhelmed with Falkirk, not because they were shit but just because, before the season started, I was expecting them to be better than us. Maybe time will still prove that they are but there's no evidence of it yet.

Still can't make up my mind about Scott. You can never fault him for commitment or for making himself available, he puts himself about a lot and can be hard to deal with. But very little of what he tries ever seems to come to anything. McKeown had a better game today and his break down the left in the second half was our best bit of football, but motm would have gone to one of the centre-backs, for me.

Looking forward to next week.

Watson MOM for me, McKeown is playing like a player who is scared he need to look in the mirror and take a deep breath and chhhhiiillllllllll….Great touch by McKay. NADE is not an out and out centre forward he ended up playing in the hole for some reason and was not in the centre forwards position on a number of occasions , if he was he would have had two or three today, the terrific ball across the box by thomson being one of them he was nowhere near it. Stewart is indeed a speedboat without a driver…We need a finisher and the goalie needs to dominate his box more. We really should have had three points today. Falkirk have went from good to bog standard average.

Thought Scott and Mckeown played well too.

McKeown never has had, and never will have a good game for us. The guy is poison. Scott isn't much better, although he wasn't helped by being asked to play up front by our moron of a manager.

Another pathetic home performance today. And 1,800 for the crowd? Looked more like 1,400 from where I was.

McKeown never has had, and never will have a good game for us. The guy is poison. Scott isn't much better, although he wasn't helped by being asked to play up front by our moron of a manager.

Another pathetic home performance today. And 1,800 for the crowd? Looked more like 1,400 from where I was.

Big difference between playing upfront and pushing forward from midfield.

However given that Grant Murray has obviously shat in your lunch box at some point carry on as you are.

McKeown looks twice the player alongside Ellis as he does alongside Perry. If he can build his confidence, we might see him put in performances that he should be capable of. His run and shot today was excellent, he tied the defender in knots. Arguably he should've cut it back, but it was real positive play. He still misplaced some passes, but it was far from the performance levels of some of our poorer games.

Laidlaw is really impressing me this season. I've been one of his biggest critics, but I'm delighted for the big fella.

I liked the look of McKay today, but I maybe would've had Anderson on for him for the last fifteen or twenty minutes. He wasn't afraid to do some direct running, and found Nade with a couple of nice chipped passes in the first half, only for the big man to be flagged offside. Looking forward to seeing more from him.

I can see both points of view on Jimmy Scott's performance today. On the one hand, he was the one getting into the positions to try and make things happen, but then the couple of times he might've had real gilt-edged opportunities, he didn't quite commit himself fully. I don't think Nade's at full fitness, and he took a couple of knocks today, so taking him off was the right call, but ideally I would've had Scott off for Stewart. Stewart's pace linking with Nade's support play could've caused real problems in the closing stages.

Anyone labelling today's performance as "pathetic" needs to reconsider their frames of reference. That was a hard-earned point against one of our direct rivals, who we've struggled against in recent years, and a clean sheet. I'd argue that we were the better side across the 90 minutes too. It wasn't perfect, but I'd say it was promising rather than pathetic.

However given that Grant Murray has obviously shat in your lunch box at some point carry on as you are.

:lol:

Looks like we are "competing" with these teams. Wasn't that one of these imaginary objectives?

Played well enough to win today. Falkirk looked quite poor. I would have taken a point if offered it beforehand so not too disappointed.

Next week should be good! :)

He looked like he was playing up front to me. Although Nade is so immobile that Scott probably found himself further forward than him by accident.

Surprised that people seem happy to deem a draw at home to a team near the bottom of the league an acceptable result.

Archived