Raith v Falkirk

Big difference between playing upfront and pushing forward from midfield.

However given that Grant Murray has obviously shat in your lunch box at some point carry on as you are.

My guess is that there was cucumber in there as well, mother natures fucking joke item.

ETA, I'm not suggesting that..................................

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really thought Rovers were the better team today, not necessarily by much, but Macdonald was the busier of the two keepers.

I don't think there's any getting away from the fact that we're a reasonably limited side, and certainly looked it in the first half, but I thought we came into it far more in the second.

Thomson got forward a lot more, and Scott seemed a lot more advanced, although I wouldn't have said he was up front as such.

Would definitely have liked Anderson on to stretch the full backs with 15 minutes to go, but a point isn't a bad score.

Mckeown looked better, but not great. Impressed with Mckay but he dropped out the game for a spell, which was a bit of a pest. Decent first start though.

Falkirk really are a poor version of their former selves. They've replaced exciting young players with plodding, journeymen jobbers. As a Rovers fan I'm fine with that, but it must be fairly infuriating from a Falkirk point of view. Houston was a bizarre appointment.

I cannot bang on this drum enough, Murray extoled the virtue of McKay yet Thomson had to come the length of the park to make the impact that he as a forward was supposed to bring to the team.

FFS leave the wee laddie alone….

I cannot bang on this drum enough, Murray extoled the virtue of McKay yet Thomson had to come the length of the park to make the impact that he as a forward was supposed to bring to the team.

I thought McKay looked one of our most dangerous players today. He faded for a spell but I thought he was lively. Thomson should be coming forward regardless seeing as it is one of the main strengths.

On the subject of drums though, and I know I said it last week but get that thing to f**k.

Well, four points against Livi and Falkirk has been a bit of a surprise to me, and we more than matched both on balance of play, so it's beginning to look like things could well turn out much better than anticipated this season (ie not nosediving towards the 1st division). However, I dont think thats because we're much better but because the other teams are shite; as I said somewhere else, apart from Hearts and Rangers the quality of football in this division is dross.

As long as the other teams are pish and we pick up points I don't really give a hoot. Roll on next week. Hibs probably aren't as bad as we thing and should be a good game. I just hope that if we get hammered that the "fans" don't go up to high dough wanting Murray's head on a stick....

As long as the other teams are pish and we pick up points I don't really give a hoot. Roll on next week. Hibs probably aren't as bad as we thing and should be a good game. I just hope that if we get hammered that the "fans" don't go up to high dough wanting Murray's head on a stick....

Your first sentence is exactly why crowds are dwindling everywhere. 10 years ago there would have been 3,500 at that game yesterday. It'll be interesting to see how many fans go next week. Hats off to anyone happy to pay £23 or whatever it is to watch that standard of football.

I like us picking up points too, but if a team isn't entertaining, then folk are quite happy to do something else of a Saturday and just check the results. We need to try and entertain as well as pick up points.

There were different factors for both teams heading into that game though.

We'd just won the Second Division and were unbeaten in the First until that point so would have had a bigger than normal crowd. Falkirk had just won the First Division, but had been denied promotion, so would also have brought a pretty big travelling support. It's not quite a like for like comparison.

Agree totally however that the reasonably low crowd is a sign of the apathy that both sets of fans feel right now though.

Your first sentence is exactly why crowds are dwindling everywhere. 10 years ago there would have been 3,500 at that game yesterday. It'll be interesting to see how many fans go next week. Hats off to anyone happy to pay £23 or whatever it is to watch that standard of football.

Falkirk would have easily brought a 1000 fans in the past but crowds are dwindling for all the teams , think most clubs now put money before fans,entertainment nowadays.

Archived