Scotland - country or region

paranoid android

Is Scotland a country or a region of the UK  

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said that last week people voted implicitly for London rule - before that, consent for London rule was tacit, based on election results.

I didnt but you probably cant see that people voted No for reasons other than London rule through the tears you have been crying since last Thursday night.

Maybe you should take a holiday and relax as all of this pent up aggression that you have will probably lead to a heart attack or stroke if your not careful as you seem very very upset that 67% of the electorate didnt vote Yes.

I didnt but you probably cant see that people voted No for reasons other than London rule through the tears you have been crying since last Thursday night.

Maybe you should take a holiday and relax as all of this pent up aggression that you have will probably lead to a heart attack or stroke if your not careful as you seem very very upset that 67% of the electorate didnt vote Yes.

I haven't shed any tears - I accepted the result of the referendum, and I have moved on - I'm in the minority. At the moment, though, I'm asking a direct question as to how people feel about Scotland in the aftermath of the referendum.

See if you can get your scone around that - it's not complicated.

At present, Scotland is a region.

2 million residents of the former country of Scotland expressed a desire for subservient, deferential subjugation.

We are therefore a region of North Britain.

Edited for tiny text.

Like it or lump it Scotland is a region of the UK.

We can call ourselves a country if it makes us feel better.

We can compete in some sports against countries if it makes us feel better.

We voted to be a region of the UK though, whether that makes you feel better or not is irrelevant.

At present, Scotland is a region.

2 million residents of the former country of Scotland expressed a desire for subservient, deferential subjugation.

We are therefore a region of North Britain.

Edited for tiny text.

Now now just because you put bigger text dosn't make yur point correct or more valid I thought you would of been taught that by now.

Now now just because you put bigger text dosn't make yur point correct or more valid I thought you would of been taught that by now.

Agreed. f**k knows what happened with the text. Must be a glitch in the matrix or summat.

We remain country that is part of great union of nations. As mentioned earlier if we are so heavily governed by Westminster, what a waste of money and resources Holyrood is? We should close it down tomorrow if we are so reliant on London for direction and decision making, and save a sh*t load of tax player's money in the process.

As far as this question goes, I feel that the referendum was irrelevant.

Scotland was a country before last Thursday, and it still is a country. The argument was about how that country is governed.

You could argue that most countries in Europe are now largely governed from Brussels, but they are still countries.

Like it or lump it Scotland is a region of the UK.

We can call ourselves a country if it makes us feel better.

We can compete in some sports against countries if it makes us feel better.

We voted to be a region of the UK though, whether that makes you feel better or not is irrelevant.

Correct, but Hamish Husband still wants an excuse to stagger pished around another European capital in a ridiculous kilt and feathered hat combination, so the decision on Thursday doesn't really count, just 'cos.

Some people badly need to get a grip on this. A region would never have been allowed to hold the referendum in the first place and would never have been in the position where it would have had a national government that wanted to.

Quebec has never been a state, or anything more than a regional administration in its history, yet has held at least two referenda on becoming an independent state.

Archived