Dunfermline v Peterhead

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the third one is a little harsh in that it was more of a high push than a grab around the throat, which you see a fair bit. I expect the ref saw the hands go high in his peripheral vision and decided to send him off on that basis.

The first tackle is a shocker but I look to be in the minority in thinking that while the second is very, very hard and will always get punished these days it isn't the assault it's made out to be.

I think the third one is a little harsh in that it was more of a high push than a grab around the throat, which you see a fair bit. I expect the ref saw the hands go high in his peripheral vision and decided to send him off on that basis.

The first tackle is a shocker but I look to be in the minority in thinking that while the second is very, very hard and will always get punished these days it isn't the assault it's made out to be.

I think it is, red mist and lunging in deliberately with intent to hurt someone.

Thought the second one looked particularly unpleasant but didn't Falkingham say afterwards that he would have been proud of a tackle like that himself?

He takes all this stuff in pretty good spirits - he knows he's a walking target and is happy to play up to it.

I was at hospitality a while back & quizzed Josh about the Cowdenbeath fans' utter hatred of him. He was genuinely bemused by it. His only explanation of it was that there was some made-up spitting incident which in his words "never happened"....the guy seemed genuinely bamboozled by it.

While he does enjoy mixing it & can take a tumble now & again, the obsession of Cowdenbeath (and other teams) fans is really quite strange. Especially given the fact that nothing he does will affect you teams' fortunes anytime soon.

Calm down.

Three fairly straightforward red card from those highlights. Peterhead were pretty robust in the tackle against us a couple of weeks ago , all it takes is a bit of red mist and miss timing to create Saturday.

Everyone knows what type of player Falkingham is so surely you don't dive into tackles against him?

Still think the Ref was taken in by "Fake"nham for the first one, The second think Noble was still wound up after another dive by the same player just before hand & although he was happy taking ball & player if he had set out with the intention of some payback he would not have bothered with the ball but as the ref had already lost the game it was not one he could let go. The third one if he wanted to send off Brown for reacting then the Dunfermline No5 should have been off at the same time as he clearly comes over and stands on Brown foot to kick it off. Yes we lost the plot for a while mainly due to the ref jumping in with the first red rather than calming things down with a more sensible approach, and he was never in control again, he ended up having to let things go or face abandoning the game.

Same old Cowden always mongo.

Reported. Vile stuff.

Cowdenbeath win a rare game and there fans are all over a Dunfermline thread, cute fans with a permanent chip on there shoulder, adorable really.

*their

Still as stupid as ever Grant my man. At least you try hard. Adorable really.

I was at hospitality a while back & quizzed Josh about the Cowdenbeath fans' utter hatred of him. He was genuinely bemused by it. His only explanation of it was that there was some made-up spitting incident which in his words "never happened"....the guy seemed genuinely bamboozled by it.

It's absolutely hilarious to everyone else but the Cowden fans who for years have been permenetly raging about 'the pikey!!!!111!!!!'. As mentioned, one of them made up some sort of incident where he spat at one of their players (didn't ever seem to be any mention of it by the player who he surposidly spat at, or anyone else on the pitch, correct me if I'm wrong Cowden fans?) and that has only enhanced their bizarre hatred.

As was mentioned before, he played with us in the year they won the title ahead of us, and I would have thought they fact they won it and we/ Falky didn't would have been the end of it, but if anything they go on about it more :lol: To be honest, it's pretty embarrassing stuff in my opinion....

having watched the highlights, can't be any defence for any of the red cards, first one player catches Falkingham high with studs showing in clear view of ref, second is a wild lunging two footed challenge which there was no need for player to make and then third 1 raising his hands up into face of Buchanan in front of ref, just idiotic

Aye, those highlights definitely show that Josh dived and poor old Peterhead were hard done to.

The first one looks even worse on the video than it did at the game, while the second one is two-footed, studs showing and a dangerous lunge. He may have got the ball, but the intent was there to hurt the player. Both nailed on red cards, while the third Peterhead player was absolutely stupid to throw his hands into Buchanan's face while the referee is standing there.

Falkingham is very lucky he hasn't sustained a serious injury, and as for McInally - oh dear. No wonder his players acted as they did if that's what he's like in the dugout.

It's absolutely hilarious to everyone else but the Cowden fans who for years have been permenetly raging about 'the pikey!!!!111!!!!'. As mentioned, one of them made up some sort of incident where he spat at one of their players (didn't ever seem to be any mention of it by the player who he surposidly spat at, or anyone else on the pitch, correct me if I'm wrong Cowden fans?) and that has only enhanced their bizarre hatred.

Erm known law abiding citizen Derek Lyle said it in the aftermath of the game. I know it doesn't quite fit your 'COWDEN FANS MADE IT UP!!1' stance but that's how it came about. Fairly sure that's why law abiding citizen Derek Lyle went for him.

Anyone got the footage where the Pars fans are clearly audible in making monkey noises at Nade? Now that was a real throw back to the 60s. Some boys.

Archived