Dunfermline v Peterhead

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched the highlights. Nice to see David Cox is still a horrible fucking ned, running over to shout in Falkingham's face as he's lying on the deck.

He was clearly fuming when they brought him on. He was running about mad chasing everything in a fury and we were knocking it about with simple ease. Fucking wee tattooed dafty :lol:

I actually think the first challenge is just as dangerous as the 2nd, both clear cut reds. Referee could have shown a bit common sense with the push, there were a few pushing and shoving and seemed a bit harsh to send Brown off.

I've always been surprised by the hatred for Falkingham too, always seemed to me to be just an extremely overated player with a string of bad haircuts.

Nice to see we are getting support from Cowdenbeath fans, however, having watched the highlights, I wouldn't think the club would appeal any of the reds. I was looking forward to the challenge of playing in this division and showing why we were champions and gained promotion last season. This has not been the case however and we are struggling to adapt to a level where every mistake is punished.

This doesn't mean we should resort to strong arm tactics to try and win games - quite frankly, our indiscipline is appalling and at this stage of the season we have several players hovering on suspensions. I have to admit that the standard of refereeing is poor, however, other teams manage to cope without picking up so many cautions. I can assure Dunfermline fans that we are not happy with our teams indiscipline either :(

9ec.jpg

Second red card is a beauty. If you're going to get sent off, at least do something like that. Falkingham looks very lucky to have escaped without injury though, in all seriousness.

Was Falkingham singled out by Peterhead deliberately? Seemed to be a lot of kicking and shouting at him even before any red cards. I know he was very poorly thought of in the Rovers dressing room a few years back too. What does he do to offend everybody? It can't just be being a bit of a dick on the pitch, surely...

Aye, just ask Dougie Hill. He detests cheating wee f***s. There may be a press photo still around.

I know he was very poorly thought of in the Rovers dressing room a few years back too. What does he do to offend everybody? It can't just be being a bit of a dick on the pitch, surely...

Match report from first game for us against Raith...

JOSH FALKINGHAM admits he could have seen red after just 29 seconds before he
inspired the Pars to a derby day victory.
The 22-year-old put in an awful challenge on Eddie Malone almost straight from the kick-off – and was relieved to see ref Callum Murray only produce a yellow.
The former Leeds kid was pumped up for the all-Fife clash and almost paid the penalty.
But after staying on the park he turned in a man-of-the-match performance and also pitched in with a rare headed goal.
Falkingham said: “I was a bit worried for a few seconds and a lucky boy in the end. But the ref showed some commonsense.
“It is a great win for us and I was delighted my family was at East End Park to watch.”
And here's the old classic from Dougie "Douglas Hall" Hill....
RoversPars17nov12.jpg

I actually think the first challenge is just as dangerous as the 2nd, both clear cut reds. Referee could have shown a bit common sense with the push, there were a few pushing and shoving and seemed a bit harsh to send Brown off.

I've always been surprised by the hatred for Falkingham too, always seemed to me to be just an extremely overated player with a string of bad haircuts.

Great description and spot on.

The first is a bad tackle, but with a truly European response. Anyone who leaps two feet into the air after getting fouled should be getting a talking to unless one of his feet has fell off.

The second would have been a great tackle if it hadn't been directed at someone who literally didn't have anywhere else to go. You can't expect to clear someone out right through the corner flag and get away with it.

The third is handbags, and plainly the ref had decided by that point that they weren't taking a hint. Again, in an isolated incident you could argue against it, but the ref can't be said to have made the wrong call in the particular situation.

I genuinely wish they'd start allowing Cowdenbeathians access to televisions, rather than having them literally sitting at home all night, staring at a wall, peeling tatties into a bucket and seething at the existence of some random Dunfermline player.

Archived