St Mirren vs Celtic - 27/09/14

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually played a lot better than I was expecting, and think we maybe deserved a point over the piece.

Oh well, story of our season so far, onwards and upwards.

Ridgers in goal on Tuesday please.

Looked like we did alright from what I saw, soft second goal though. Jim looked like he a great game at the back and McGinn and McLean seem to be coming back to form.

Agree Kello should be dropped, giving away a goal a game at the moment. Nice easy game up here next.

Apart from Brown and Virgil, Celtic are atrocious given the amount of money that's been spent on their squad.

Saw most of the match while occasionally flicking over to the Ryder Cup and Merseyside derby, first half was poor from both sides to be honest, the goal summed up the game, scrappy, although the TV pictures showed Brown was level when ball played in to him, wont the St Mirren fans moaning like f**k though while ignoring the fact that Goodwin, again was given free reign to boot f**k out his opponents all day, the knee in Scott Brown's back being typical of a guy who, regardless of the opposition does this every week.

Second half was better as a spectacle as both sides upped the tempo a bit, Gordon almost redeemed himself for the careless throw out with a fantastic save from the first effort while his defenders stood and watched the rebound lashed in.

Decent finish from Guidetti but id be raging at my keeper there, we saw the game out comfortably with Efe for once error free.

Guidetti, Brown and Wakasso most impressive for me, not brilliant but an improvement on the dross served up against Motherwell. St Mirren played well in patches but get the feeling it will take a change of manager to save them this season.

Sore one to take. Good display from us I felt, especially considering how below strength we were. Celtic are brutal - if Aberdeen or Dundee United can put some form together they could be in trouble.

Thought Reilly was OK although will no doubt get shot down for that. Distribution a bit dodgy at times but put himself about (which he didn't used to) and a terrific shot. Don't have a problem with his booking to be honest, had to make the challenge or else the guy was in. Tackling isn't his strong point so always likely it would end badly! For his first start for more than a year he was decent enough

Thought Goodwin was great and McGinn had Brown in his pocket in the first half. If he'd only have a bit more confidence to shoot with his right peg. Bout time Kello got dropped as suspect again for the second goal. First was just unfortunate - would be embarrassed to score like that in FIFA, let alone real life.

Forgot how bad some of the moaning shites are in the main stand as I usually sit further over. Didn't start until it was 0-1 then shut up until it went 1-2. Best one was them shouting at McAusland for a "dodgy" header - which went straight to Kelly as intended!

Not our greatest performance by any means, but will take the win. Finishing was poor, could have been much more comfortable, but never really felt overly threatened by St Mirren. Whoever the St Mirren player that had the piss ripped out of him by Ambrose twice in the space of a minute would be as well packing fitba in after that riddy.

As an aside just reading the programme and see Tommy Craig is annoyed at the abuse he was getting at Firhill. Not for the fact that he was getting abuse but for th e"crude obscenities" and "gutter language" :lol:

It must be really galling for Celtic fans.

Despite paying Scott Brown 20 odd grand a week, teenager John McGinn gets the better of him every time they play.

Luckily enough I have a personal "Gall Scale".

This isn't on it.

Archived