PES 2015

Sherrif John Bunnell

Spent a few hours mucking about with the game last night. The gameplay seems spot on, but the editing options on next consoles are rancid. It was a blast from the past spending time editing the Premier League and Championship team names!

Hopefully the PES editing crew are able to find some way of distributing option files on next gen. Being unable to import images on PS4 and XB1 looks like being a real stumbling block though.

The 'Other European Teams' section is pretty funny. Giants like FC Qarabag and Grasshopper Zurich are fully licensed. But no sign of Sellick or Motherwell this year.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spent a few hours mucking about with the game last night. The gameplay seems spot on, but the editing options on next consoles are rancid. It was a blast from the past spending time editing the Premier League and Championship team names!

Hopefully the PES editing crew are able to find some way of distributing option files on next gen. Being unable to import images on PS4 and XB1 looks like being a real stumbling block though.

The 'Other European Teams' section is pretty funny. Giants like FC Qarabag and Grasshopper Zurich are fully licensed. But no sign of Sellick or Motherwell this year.

I'm thinking of getting this too. Metacritic is universal in it's praise for it.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/pro-evolution-soccer-2015

What is my club mode? Pretty much ultimate team on fifa in guessing? Do they have real team names yet?

Yes - It's the online master league. It is similar to ultimate team. ( sadly in my opinion) There are plenty of real team names in it.

The game play is great. I've had some epic battles so far. Some of the goals scored have been sexy as hell. Not going to get a chance to play again until Saturday. . . I'll be wasted so good bye to all my good work done today!

By the sounds of the reviews, Konami are a decent interface away from getting a foothold back in the war against FIFA. Sort out the Master League to any decent standard and it'll be ahead of FIFA in that regard (FIFA career mode is horrendous, and their Global Scouting Network shite is an aberration)

The 'keepers seem to have been sorted right out.

Through one on one against Casillas and he cuts the angle. I hit it across him low and it comes off the post.

My player catches the rebound and strokes it towards goal (I'm already celebrating!) and Casillas dives towards his line and bats the ball out towards the 6 yard box with a strong hand for it to be blootered out for a throw-in.

Been playing PES since it was first out but that is easily one of the best sequences of drama that I've seen in the game.

Impressions are that they have completely nailed it this time.

Didn't really enjoy it as i couldn't put in a slide tackle, without fouling and found it hard to create any chances without lumping it up to the centre forward!

You've just summed up the beauty of PES.

A perfectly timed slide tackle just as the opposition is about to pull the trigger is just one of the many highly satisfying aspects of this game.

As is putting your player through with a deft wee pass.

I've just started playing pes 2014 on ps3. Im enjoying it but it seems to take an age to get an online match going and there foul detection is a bit off sometimes, fouls given for very little. Have these been sorted in the new one??

Picked this up today.

It's harder online that I expected in My Club Division 12!!!

Took 5 attempts to get my first win.

Unlike in FIFA, I felt like I got rewarded for playing well / punished for being a knob, rather than the AI giving an advantage to me or my opponent. There's a definite learning curve of which I am currently not very far up.

Lack of an emblem editor is not good, but the gameplay seems excellent, which is what the focus should be on.

Sounds like the King is indeed back :D.

Online has always been crap since about 2008. Way too many cheats and laggers. That's where FIFA is better but I've read about the ea servers being poor too now.

Editing is a bit of a bummer thanks to EA. Konami lost the stadium editor a couple of years ago and a whole host of stadiums due to licensing, even lost rain in the weather option.It's annoying but the most important thing is the gameplay .

It's funny when people moan about the names being Man Blue v Merseyside Red. Not hard to work out who the teams are and it's not rocket science to edit the names.

Was given FIFA as a gift but will hopefully get this for Xmas and trade FIFA in. Been told not to buy any games now up till Xmas :(.

Played my first online game and must admit, felt very satisfying to win 3-0. I was better team all ends up and got the reward for it, always feel in FIFA that no matter how many you're winning by, the opponent is always a chipped through ball away from scoring.

The AI of the defence is spot on too.

I've just started playing pes 2014 on ps3. Im enjoying it but it seems to take an age to get an online match going and there foul detection is a bit off sometimes, fouls given for very little. Have these been sorted in the new one??

The referees are spot on.

Most brutal tackles will be punished but there are a few that you get away with.

Rain is back for this game too. Through balls hold up and lofted through balls skid as they should.

This game is absolutely perfect so far.

Must have been just for the one year then. Bizarre.

I think it was one of the things that was sacrificed while rushing out PES 2014 on the new engine.

Either that, or Konami have paid the Met Office a few quid for the rights to rain. The Eskimos still have an exclusive deal with EA for snow though.

Archived