PES 2015

Sherrif John Bunnell

Shut up. Just, shut up.

Naw.

PES is indeed back with a bang! This " my club " is needing sorted out though. Not being able to sign who you want - is hellish. I'm sure there will be changes made with an update or two. . .Master league is quality.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind the my club aspect of it to be honest, nothings over priced (10k points) in terms of signing decent players and the fact that you get around 3.5k points for a win, the rewards are pretty good. My day-one bonus included a UEFA TOTY player and I pulled Ribery out the bag, which was pleasing.

I don't mind the my club aspect of it to be honest, nothings over priced (10k points) in terms of signing decent players and the fact that you get around 3.5k points for a win, the rewards are pretty good. My day-one bonus included a UEFA TOTY player and I pulled Ribery out the bag, which was pleasing.

I know what you mean - it's not over priced as such. It's just frustrating not being able to choose who I want. My team of the year player was Sergio Ramos. I also managed to land on two black balls in a row, just using the cheap scouts! It was unbelievable scenes. Gotze and James Rodriguez. They are not quite cutting it for me though - Being able to sell them and buy who I want is my wish.

In division 6 now and it's getting more challenging. I must say though, it really is enjoyable on the pitch. I also played an online tournament and went Scotland, it was great stuff pecking my way to the final. Sadly I was schooled by a Billy big boy 4 - 2. He was England :(

On my way home now and will be getting stuck in to it for a few hours. :)

I'm not sure what's going on with this game. . .I just got Lahm via a black ball using a shite agent! Is this some kind of reward for loyalty. . .:blink: I'm having to save up for a new manager because half my team can't play as it's over my managers limit. It is growing on me. . .I very much doubt that this game will convert any Fifa players though, however, it is great for a hardcore Pes player!

How is it playing offline? Do you still get a good challenge from the CPU, they've not focused all their efforts on improving the online while neglecting single-player? Also, those of you enjoying it, are you all on next gen or has anyone found it to be good on 360 or PS3?

I haven't bought PES since '08, bought FIFA 14 having not had a FIFA since '10 and I'll not be doing FIFA again any time soon with how buggy and badly designed career mode was. Are we closer to the halcyon days of PES 5 than the dreadful standard of 2008, and is the offline Master League worth it? I want to give PES another chance but I'm unsure...

How is it playing offline? Do you still get a good challenge from the CPU, they've not focused all their efforts on improving the online while neglecting single-player? Also, those of you enjoying it, are you all on next gen or has anyone found it to be good on 360 or PS3?

I haven't bought PES since '08, bought FIFA 14 having not had a FIFA since '10 and I'll not be doing FIFA again any time soon with how buggy and badly designed career mode was. Are we closer to the halcyon days of PES 5 than the dreadful standard of 2008, and is the offline Master League worth it? I want to give PES another chance but I'm unsure...

I like it, and I think its pretty challenging offline. The AI is decent, and seem to react to what you are doing well, so when you get it right and pull off your gameplan well it can be really satisfying, though there have been many times I've got it spectaculary wrong and been brutally picked off on the counter, especially when chasing the game.

I'm on PS4, but I played the demo on the 360 and seems to me anyway they play pretty much the same.

I must be in a minority that thinks the game is different from the demo. When I tried the demo I thought "same p*sh, different year". I took a punt on the game as I had read good reviews and folk going as far as saying it's close to Pro of old (still the best ever fitba games :P ) I have to say I've been really impressed so far and I'm glad I took the punt.

The game play is very good. I feel more in control this year and can determine the pace of the game when in possession. I can build up slowly or score from an opposition corner on the counter attack. The players don't feel as wooden either. They are far looser to control and their reaction time has improved a helluva lot (although in fairness it's not 100% mastered). They've brought the pace back to the game as well. I felt it nigh on impossible to run by someone in the last couple of games, but this time it's more realistic; a pacy winger is going to be able to run by a sluggish midfielder. Tackling is fair. I can't recall ever moaning at the ref/computer for awarding a soft foul against me. The goalmouth action is the balls. The AI last ditch tackles/blocks are infuriatingly good and if you get past them you have The Cat in between the sticks to deal with. Some of the saves the CPU pulls off against you are incredible. I had a header from 7 yards out saved, even though it was heading for the top corner. It certainly p*sses you off for a few minutes, but overall it improves the game dramatically. Master League is good as ever. When you go to buy or loan a player now, it comes up with smiley faces indicating whether the other club are likely to accept the bid. Some won't like that, but I personally like this addition.

The usual PES negatives remain sadly. The lack of stadiums and official names still haunt the game. Editing takes a while but it's worth it, even if the commentator doesn't pronounce the real team names.

Overall I've been dead impressed with this game so far and really hope it's the first step for PES making a major comeback. I must add that I've only played as "Teeside" (or post editor - Middlesbrough) and even although it's a lesser quality team I still find it rewarding. I'm sitting 3rd in Master League and have already been spanked 6-3 by Brighton and 4-1 by Wolves! So definitely challenging.

For once there is a pretty cracking soundtrack as well! :thumsup2

On the team names comment, in edit team there is an option to change the commentary name to the likes of Crystal Palace. Most team names are in there.

Im having a heck of a job getting an online game atm, however. Constant "cannot connect to opponent" messages. A quick google suggests this is a widespread issue that Konami are aware of.

The Master league is very enjoyable. I've started with Wigan. I always use the original pes lineup - it is much more enjoyable in my opinion. Mind and create yourself before you start the game. Don't make your self too good, 62/65 rating is ideal - then you can sign yourself from the created players group with out any hassle. It's definitely tough going on superstar level but a win feels like a great achievement. Currently sitting 2nd in the championship, I'll get promoted I reckon, however my full attention is on the my club online mode at the moment. I'm really getting into it now after not being convinced at first.

The game isn't perfect by any means but it's a huge leap forward. Sadly I came across my first cheater last night. I was spanking his are and he managed to have the game cut off resulting in a void game. It was frustrating because he had an 800 + rating and I'd have gotten a good pay out. I'm currently 690 at the moment but I'm getting there!

The strange thing is that I think FIFA is really good this year and a lot of folk are saying it's rotten! They seem to be trying to get the pes feel about it. . .

Being able to sign a guest user when playing my club was something they should have included. World select games should be back. All the crazy extras that they used to have should also be there. Remember playing whilst riding an ostrich? Or kicking around a beer keg as a ball? Those were the days. . .

I'd rate the game a solid 8.5/10.

I'm really enjoying this. Dished out a few pumpings online so far. Even the games I've drawn or lost, I haven't come up against anyone who I'd class a lot as better than me, my 4 defeats have all been by a single goal. I've won 3-0 4-0 aplenty as well.

Just got Pes2015 and FM2015 for £40 in game. Bargains all round. Played pes on the xbox one with a mate and enjoyed it. Always been pes for me, but I enjoy fifa as well. Normally just play offline anyway. Looking forward to playing a Champions League and even the new Asian Champions League!

I've not bought PES for 4 years but I'm pretty intrigued by this one so will probably buy it at some point.

Just curious, see all those teams that they've put in for the Asian and South American Champions Leagues? Can you only use them in that specific mode or can you play as them in the normal exhibition matches and Master League etc?

I've not bought PES for 4 years but I'm pretty intrigued by this one so will probably buy it at some point.

Just curious, see all those teams that they've put in for the Asian and South American Champions Leagues? Can you only use them in that specific mode or can you play as them in the normal exhibition matches and Master League etc?

Pretty sure you can use these teams in exhibition matches mate. Not so sure about master league. But you can play a Brazilian or Argentinian league and then qualify for the sudamerica and the copa libatadores (sp) which is quite cool. Just edited all the English teams, you can change the commentary so he says their name too. Most are on it, apart from Arsenal, QPR and Aston Villa in the Prem anyway. Will prob start a champions league soon.

Archived