PES 2015

Sherrif John Bunnell

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

It'll be interesting to see if they release a seperate Euro 2016 game or have it as DLC for PES 2016. I think this will be the first Euro or World Cup game not made by EA since Euro 96.

I think you could be right.

It won't beat The Road To The World Cup 98!

The keeper motion is horrific at 1:06 and on the whole keepers still look quite pish. Will wait until some proper gameplay football comes out to decide on it but I'll probably still end up with fifa which is a shame since PES 06 was my favourite football games ever.

Hopefully expectations are fulfilled unlike PES 2015; so many people said "This is the year PES takes the crown back from FIFA"

After playing PES I was severely disappointed and curious about what those people were smoking to think it'd be better than FIFA.

So hopefully 2016 actually lives up to the hype

I wish they'd realise that its better to have a game that plays tremendous, instead of looking tremendous. Its the easy way out to spend more time developing the graphics than the gameplay. Just gives the impression of a cheap, second rate FIFA. PES was always meant to be the substance to FIFAs style.

Hopefully expectations are fulfilled unlike PES 2015; so many people said "This is the year PES takes the crown back from FIFA"

After playing PES I was severely disappointed and curious about what those people were smoking to think it'd be better than FIFA.

So hopefully 2016 actually lives up to the hype

It was the opposite for me, I thought PES was great last year, and Fifa was the usual going through the motions(unlike the year before where I much preferred Fifa). I think a lot of it comes down to personal preference. I liked Pes because it was a bit harder and a bit more unpredictable, but a lot more rewarding. It was also pretty unforgiving if you were having a tactical nightmare! I also play mostly offline master league which means I generally don't get involved in the online, which I've heard is rotten compared to Fifa.

I mostly just play Fifa with my nephews, and I totally get why they prefer it, it's much flasher, it's got the real teams, and it's easier to get into. Each to their own I guess. I think this Pes looks brilliant, but from what I've read, it's going to take some getting used to, which I think will put off the Fifa players.

To be fair to FIFA, I think they listened to the criticisms of style over substance in the past few years. Earlier versions were absolutely ridiculous for that, pretty much just prettying things up and adding nothing. They've at least tried to add things so that the gameplay changes and improves. Haven't always managed it.

I'd love for PES to get back to what it was. It was the most fun I've had with a football game in my youth getting friends around one screen to play. It would be good for EA to have some proper competition too, maybe then they'd raise their game further. But Konami just need to concentrate on getting the mechanics right - I don't really care if it looks as good as FIFA, if it plays better I'd be delighted.

Can tell those folk play Fifa all the time with all the lobbed through balls and the 100MPH attacks forward constant.

Will hold off until I get to play the Demp.

Played all other PES games so will probly buy this one anyway and FIFA as i change between the two depending on mood.

See the guardian has a piece on this today. Sounds very promising indeed. Doubt it'll ever win the Fifa fanboys over,but sounds like this is really going to build on last year. I think it's going to depend on whether you are happy to go without the flash and the licences or not.

It really depends on whether you can adjust to your players taking either an eternity to turn or the complete opposite. From the demo you can see some of the movements are just laughably poor. FIFA is bad for it too, but not nearly as bad.

See the guardian has a piece on this today. Sounds very promising indeed. Doubt it'll ever win the Fifa fanboys over,but sounds like this is really going to build on last year. I think it's going to depend on whether you are happy to go without the flash and the licences or not.

I couldn't care less about licensing etc. If you gave pro Evo all of fifas licenses and took the licences away from FIFA people would still be buying FIFA.

It's a clumsy clumpy game. The best players on it even make it feel like you're playing with Jim Goodwin. It's so very square. As Deeboy said the movements on it just look so amateur. They've not been able to take their amazing PS2/Xbox games further on the newer consoles. Absolute dugshite, I wish FIFA had some real competition because it can really piss me off at times but nobody seems to be anywhere near them. Every single year I get a bit hopeful pro Evo will iron out the shite and every year im disappointed.

Archived