PES 2015

Sherrif John Bunnell

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I put a ludicrous amount of hours into the Master League in the early PES games. I'd forgotten that the Dutch licensing was so bad that they couldn't even use their own made up player name in PES 2 :lol:

http:/pes.neoseeker.com/wiki/Master_League_Default_Players

The shit Master league players were a massive part of what made the earlier games great.

Giving them wee side stories in your head and bringing them on to imagined standing ovations when you're a few goals up in a cup final and all that.

Can't wait to get this on Friday now.

Ah still waiting till this appears on steam for download though have activated order code. The forums are pretty sad folks moaning about graphics. I spent £20 which ain't bad for new footie game these days. My PC is 5 years old so this should actually run on it. Just something that plays fairly well and still new enough that decent amount of folks playing online.

(Put this in both FIFA and PES threads)

That's me played both games and I reckon I've made my mind up already. Having just finished the FIFA 16 demo I'm not convinced it's not FIFA 15 with a different name. It felt exactly the same IMO, the only difference being the controlling the ball took an age and was pretty infuriating. The AI was awful, some of the passing was laughable and a few of them just ended up being passed to nowhere and I collected it. It was extremely quick as well for the entirety of the match.

PES was totally different. It felt as if it had changed yet again (for the better). I can't help but think every year PES are trying to listen to the players and improve (I'm not saying the game is better than FIFA, but I get the impression the Konami are bothering) whereas FIFA just feels very similar each year and it's as if they are saying "Here's the game, like it or lump it". It's my own opinion and I doubt many will agree.

I think there is a lot of snobbery in the football game field. FIFA fanboys will dismiss PES instantly and I think that's the biggest battle Konami will have. But for me I have judged he games on the enjoyment I got from them.

I won 5-1 in the FIFA demo (Real Madrid Vs Barca). I think I had 6 shots on target. I whizzed past the opposition numerous times and chip through ball was a winner every time.

I won 1-0 in the PES demo (Bayern (me) Vs Palmeiras). I reckon I had 2/3 shots on target. To whizz by players I needed a head start and whenever I played the chip through ball, more often than not the defender bodychecked me and won the ball.

For me personally I much prefer to get a hard fought 1-0 win over an unrealistic 5-1 against my closest competition. I genuinely cheered when I scored in PES as it was bloody solid for me :lol:

When all is said and done I really don't have an opinion on which is the better game. But I got far far more enjoyment from the PES demo than the FIFA one and that's all I care about. So I'll be purchasing PES the morra :)

Archived