Dumbarton v Cowdenbeneath 4/10/14

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that a point isn't the end of the world but looking at our next 3 games it was a missed opportunity. We didn't play well yesterday but worked hard. I thought we were far too slow with the ball and many players had an off day. Meggison needs to up his game IMO or it's the bench for him. Taggart is getting better but he needs to stop trying to grab players all the time. Andy Graham for me has been our best player by far this season. The young keeper still doesn't fill me with great confidence but he is young and will hopefully learn fast. It just shows you that one player makes all the difference- if Kane plays we are a totally different team

Cowden could have scored 4 or 5 yesterday, if they could finish, we could have scored a couple too.

Escaped with a point. Us that is.

To the moaners in the crowd, if we have possession the other team can't score, we knocked the ball around nicely at times. Nish certainly made a difference when he came on.

5 games unbeaten can't be bad.

The folk booing the team at full-time need to have a word with themselves. Aye, we were shite, we didn't deserve a point and it's disappointing but booing them off the park is just not on. We've got an extremely tough run of games coming up and the last thing we need is the players going into them with their heads down. We're unbeaten in the last 5 and sitting mid-table, a poor performance against Cowdenbeath isn't the end of the world.

I agree that a point isn't the end of the world but looking at our next 3 games it was a missed opportunity. We didn't play well yesterday but worked hard. I thought we were far too slow with the ball and many players had an off day. Meggison needs to up his game IMO or it's the bench for him. Taggart is getting better but he needs to stop trying to grab players all the time. Andy Graham for me has been our best player by far this season. The young keeper still doesn't fill me with great confidence but he is young and will hopefully learn fast. It just shows you that one player makes all the difference- if Kane plays we are a totally different team

Eh? Rogers is brilliant, especially when you compare him to the three we already have.

Wasn't the worst i've seen sons since Murray took over but as the expectation is now higher i can understand why some fans thought we rotten.

As for the moaners, where i sit i generally can't hear much of that. I presume most of them sit nearer the middle of the pitch than the goal side. Can't understand tbe constant critisicm some players get and it's sad to see someone has highlighted taggart. I think he's been a great signing for us.

I do recall a wee old man who used to sit in front of me a couple of years back. He hated Agnew and used to go on about how pish he was all the time. At that time Agnew was dominating games as we were playing at a lower level. Some fans are just morons i suppose. Of course they're entitled to their opinions as long as they don't scream this sort if stuff at the players and it's a shame some choose to do this.

On paper, because Cowden had so many players out, it looked like a straightforward home win. But that's fitba. The young lads played their socks off.

If only we still had Hemmings.

Dumbarton fans really are hypercritical of their team, but they only played as the opposition let them play and surely not because they had a couple of players out.

The only players I would bring back in would be Armstrong and Brett. The team have done well it must be said but I really worry about the striker position. Higgins can't play that role and struggles to get into the game.

Can't say i would drop Miller. Played well the last couple of games. He probably will blot his copy book again to allow Deano back in.

The back 3 looked solid yesterday. Brownlie and Fraser especially strolled it. Leaving TOB in there gives more flexibility as he can play some football going forward. He'll probably pick up an injury soon as well though.

got to disagree about rogers! He has 3 clean sheets in 5 games and 1 of those was against hearts top of the league and the only keeper in the league to keep a clean sheet against hearts! So I accept you opinion but I think you might be being a bit harsh on him.

Apparently if Kane had been playing, he would have scored and Dumbarton would have won. Thanks for that crucial piece of information.

If Pat Scullion had been playing for us we would have completely overwhelmed you. Just thought you'd like to know.

I thought Cowdenbeath were much improved on their performances against us last season. They had some very good passing play, with clever movement and had they been more composed in front of goal, would have surely won. I think the difference between their possession play and ours, was that they moved the ball quicker and with greater purpose.

We were just a bit flat yesterday and although Gilhaney in the first half and Campbell in the second had good scoring chances, they were dealt with by two excellent stops from the Cowdenbeath keeper.

I'm never quite sure what people think they will achieve by constant criticism of certain players. I can remember Roy McCormack and Tom McAdam getting it in the neck for being "too slow" or " lazy", respectively. Fast forward to the present, and you get people booing Danny Rogers against QotS or constantly on Agnew or Gilhaney's back. I heard someone having a real go at Taggart yesterday for a minor mistake and others shouting that we were rubbish. Usually it's guys who are 60 plus, and while yesterday was disappointing, they must have seen much, much worse.

Still, unbeaten in five, including a most unDumbarton-like three shut-outs, things look a bit brighter than they did after the first three league games. A challenging run of six games coming up, including four away, will require us to be at something close to our best.

On paper, because Cowden had so many players out, it looked like a straightforward home win. But that's fitba. The young lads played their socks off.

If only we still had Hemmings.

Dumbarton fans really are hypercritical of their team, but they only played as the opposition let them play and surely not because they had a couple of players out.

Isn't it possible that we had a really bad day at the office? I wasn't at the game, but I have been to every other game thus far and we have been a bit hot and cold. For you to say, we were only poor because of how good you were is, in my opinion, incorrect. The most likely analysis is that we were poor and you were also pretty good (I say pretty good because you didn't score).

Bad day for us, but we were excellent last week against Alloa and have put in some very good performances this season. Sadly there's been a few dodgy ones, but we seem to be picking up points regardless. As someone said last night, those points could be the difference at the end of the season.

Isn't it possible that we had a really bad day at the office? I wasn't at the game, but I have been to every other game thus far and we have been a bit hot and cold. For you to say, we were only poor because of how good you were is, in my opinion, incorrect. The most likely analysis is that we were poor and you were also pretty good (I say pretty good because you didn't score).

Bad day for us, but we were excellent last week against Alloa and have put in some very good performances this season. Sadly there's been a few dodgy ones, but we seem to be picking up points regardless. As someone said last night, those points could be the difference at the end of the season.

Never said we were so good just that we were able to stop you playing well.

Bit unfair to criticise any of the lads yesterday. We are playing at the highest level that we have played for years. Our lads may not be worldbeaters but are skillful competent part time professionals. We are miles away from the grim days of 88/89 when dickie and cairney provided the worst defence since the French army at the start of the second world war.

Nish for Scotland. Come on the sons.

Booing your own team under any circumstances is unacceptable. People walking out early, which quite a few like to do when things aren't going our way, is equally just as bad. Playing that badly and getting a point is by no means a disaster for us.

Cowden really should have punished us yesterday, and would have done had their finishing not been so unbelievably poor. If they can't win a game with those chances, I would really fear for them this season.

Would personally have had Rogers as MOM for us, instead of Taggart.

Bit unfair to criticise any of the lads yesterday. We are playing at the highest level that we have played for years. Our lads may not be worldbeaters but are skillful competent part time professionals. We are miles away from the grim days of 88/89 when dickie and cairney provided the worst defence since the French army at the start of the second world war.

Nish for Scotland. Come on the sons.

Well said. Some of our fans need to read this as well. I'll sit back and wait on the rage.

Archived