General Election 2015

Ludo*1

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When is that utter w@nk brown going to be rolled out to frighten the old people?

They don't have the resources. Brown will be deployed full time for the next month in his own constituency to try to stop its projected forty point swing to the SNP. They can't afford to waste him skimming off one or two % of the national swing.

Unparalleled levels of seethe from you. My advice would be to switch the Internet off angry little man.

I'm not seething at all. Your position is utterly ridiculous and doesn't bear the slightest scrutiny.

When did you discover this disdain for nationalism? Could it have been when Scottish nationalism threatened to take Scotland out of political union with your country? What a coincidence eh

You've answered nothing as you have no answers.

It's strange when your talking of so many seats changing, many people up here could pretty much could guarentee no matter what the politicial scenario, or how they voted they were going to be represented by labour, it's funny seeing that change.

If snp are to deliver the incredible polling results where do we think the non-snp seats will be, who is going to scramble enough votes to see another parliament?

Lib dem seat will be the Orkney and Shetland but where will labour cling on? Kirkcaldy and cowdenbeath will probably be one, interclyde another. The other 3?

The SNP are currently favourites in 41 seats (14 for labour, 3 for LibDem, 1 for the Tories).

The only three seats that you can get odds of more than 2/1 on an SNP win are East Ren, Berwickshire, and Orkney and Shetland. Kirkcaldy is 11/10 SNP - actually alongside Glasgow SW as the most marginal seat still in Labour's column according to the bookies. Inverclyde is 8/13 SNP - which makes it the 30th most likely seat to end up SNP.

Here is every seat sorted in order of likelyhood of an SNP win by fractional odds. Apologies if any of the abbreviations are confusing - it's a C&P from a spreadsheet.

Angus 1.01 Banff 1.01 Dun E 1.01 Moray 1.01 Perth 1.03 Na h 1.04 Arg 1.08 Dun W 1.10 Gord 1.14 Ochil 1.14 Invern 1.17 Falk 1.20 NE Fife 1.29 N Ayr 1.30 Gla E 1.33 Cumb 1.36 Ed E 1.36 Gla N 1.36 Gla S 1.40 Kilm 1.40 Ab N 1.44 Linl 1.44 Gla C 1.50 Mother 1.50 W Ab 1.50 W Dunb 1.53 Caith 1.57 Ed SW 1.57 EK 1.57 InverC 1.62 Livi 1.62 Airdrie 1.67 Ayr 1.67 E Dunb 1.67 Ed W 1.67 Gla NW 1.67 Ab S 1.73 Lanark 1.73 Midlo 1.73 P Ren N 1.73 Stir 1.73 Gla SW 2.10 Kdy 2.10 Coat 2.20 P Ren S 2.20 DG 2.25 Ross 2.25 Cen Ayr 2.38 Dunf 2.50 Ed NL 2.50 Ed S 2.50 Ruth 2.60 Eloth 2.63 Glenr 2.63 Dumf 3.00 Gla NE 3.00 ERen 3.50 Berw 3.75 Ork 6.00

I'll still be amazed if the SNP finish up with as many seats are the current predictions and odds point towards though. Happy, but amazed.

Project Fear Mk 2 is underway. Good piece here from Wings about the Daily Record's new hobby of vile cybernat baiting:

http://wingsoverscotland.com/the-troll-press/

Kris "I Want Gers Back" Commons in the middle one is just :lol:

Slow news day perchance? To think, all they need to do to shift papers to simple shitmunchers is shove absolute garbage like "Leigh Griffiths on Celtic's Pure Dead Brilliant Run Against Dundee Utd" or "Barry Ferguson On Why He Thinks Rangers Are Quite Good And Celtic Are Not So Quite Good".

Tbf Andrew Neil is an absolute disgrace there.

Fair enough the Lib Dems are an irrelevance and a laughing stock, and its a bit of a cringey thing to do.

But that is not professional journalism, or in any way impartial, which being a BBC journalist he is legally obliged to be.

Its disgraceful, from a guy who thoroughly disgraced himself during the referendum too.

I think there will be a pull back in the SNP share before the election.

There’s a lot of kidding on about the Scottish electorate’s ‘sophistication’ in voting one way at Westminster and another at Holyrood. But I think the reason Scots tend to favour Labour at Westminster is simply because that is the only choice afforded us by the MSM, with the SNP an afterthought. As the election moves closer, will the focus on a Labour and Tory choice in election debates or the ludicrious level of air-time given to the Lib Dems – polling at 2% - inevitably fracture some of the SNP vote?

The other reason I fear for the SNP is that the MSM will start throwing stuff its way – the usual cybernat bully stories. The Record has already started, and the Mail and Express will be as bad.

Two compensating causes for optimism: a one-time advantage is that the SNP is mentioned in just about every political news item. While this is largely a dispute between what an SNP vote means, but it’s clear at least that it means something, and that hasn’t always been the case.

Second, the negativity of the Unionist parties’ campaigns in Scotland so far are a calamitous re-run of Better Together. Where’s the positive reason for voting Labour or Lib Dem? All they’ve offered so far is threats about nationalists. I hope a lot of people can see through that

“@GoodallGiles: #Ukip has now suspended 18 councillors, 14 candidates, 2 MEPs, 1 national secretary, 1 youth sec, 1 Scottish chair & an entire local branch”

I think there will be a pull back in the SNP share before the election.

I think we have all thought that, but as time goes on, other than the odd outlier it isn't happening. Don't get me wrong, I still expect they will close as well, but I've been wrong before...many times.

I've heard some comparing current polls to the polls in 2011 where Labour had a commanding lead. If you look back to then, the polls seven weeks out had already seen considerable movement towards the SNP. It just isn't happening for labour. SNP were 3 points behind at the same point back in 2011.

The way I see it is the MSM are probably preaching to the converted. And all of the bullshit that they peddle will only serve to burst a few blood vessels in seriously dyed in the wool Lab and Tory voters. There is some serious hatred towards you out on the doorsteps, and I do mean hatred, so I can only put this down to the ones who believe the spin.

I don't tend to believe the specific numbers in polls, but the trends. And the trend is that Labour cannot do anything about this lead. It has been a consistent lead for SNP since the referendum. Labour candidates have been spotted canvassing in areas that, for eternity they knew they could rely on the votes so didn't waste their time on. When they do this you know that they are desperate. We are on the brink of something so earthshattering I may very well spontaneously combust on the eight of may.

Surprised to dunfermline so likely to stay , docherty is not a popular man and whilst monkey in red rosette syndrome is still here it's not nearly as strong as it was, suppose maybe the walker scandal will have an effect.

Surely Doherty's time is up? I just had a look at his expenses since he wanted to be transparent, probably best if he didn't - £12.7k over the year 2014/2015 including some ridiculous £35 taxi journeys to Edinburgh Airport from Dunfermline.

I've heard some comparing current polls to the polls in 2011 where Labour had a commanding lead. If you look back to then, the polls seven weeks out had already seen considerable movement towards the SNP. It just isn't happening for labour. SNP were 3 points behind at the same point back in 2011.

Yeah maybe, but I worry that polls a few weeks before the vote will show a drop in SNP intention - even within the margin of error- which will be seized on as a Labour comeback or SNP collapse and that will become the self-fulfilling narrative.

I still haven't quite recovered my faith in the electorate.

Yeah maybe, but I worry that polls a few weeks before the vote will show a drop in SNP intention - even within the margin of error- which will be seized on as a Labour comeback or SNP collapse and that will become the self-fulfilling narrative.

I still haven't quite recovered my faith in the electorate.

What you are really saying is. 'Will Scotland sh1te it again?' Some will..... but SNP will still be comfortably the biggest party on around 34 seats.

Surely Doherty's time is up? I just had a look at his expenses since he wanted to be transparent, probably best if he didn't - £12.7k over the year 2014/2015 including some ridiculous £35 taxi journeys to Edinburgh Airport from Dunfermline.

Do you seriously expect this great man to hitch a ride on the 747 airport bus after coming back up from voting for austerity? Ironically at that price his journey there and back is a weeks Jobseekers Allowance.

Archived