General Election 2015

Ludo*1

That tactic is only going to appeal to the voters who intend to vote Labour regardless.

Keeping in mind the very simple argument to that is, we did vote Labour and we still ended up with Cameron as PM

I really don't think Labour have understood yet they're no longer soon as the "good guys" of politics or how much people loath them right now.

You're going to have a massive amount of new voters who registered during the referendum , voting at a GE for the first time that are desperate to give Labour a political kicking

Labour will be resorting to bussing grannies to the polling station as usual

Labour need to attract back people who voted Labour in 2010. The 'we are the only party big enough to stop the Tories' argument has mileage.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Labour need to attract back people who voted Labour in 2010. The 'we are the only party big enough to stop the Tories' argument has mileage.

Not nearly enough as you might think.

It makes no difference for me now who wins the GE

You could try and win votes with your policies through, but the fact they feel need to take the scare tactic route speaks volumes.

Not nearly enough as you might think.

It makes no difference for me now who wins the GE

You could try and win votes with your policies through, but the fact they feel need to take the scare tactic route speaks volumes.

What parties rely purely on their policies? All parties use tactics.

What parties rely purely on their policies? All parties use tactics.

Ah well, at least you're admitting Labour policies are crap, and they know they can't win voters over so have to result in scare tactics that won't work.

As I said, I don't care if it Tories or Labour in Government, to use a well known phrase on here, They're both 2 cheeks of the same arse, even more so when Ed comes out with this

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/459097/I-ll-govern-like-Tory-leader-Margaret-Thatcher-says-Ed-Red-Miliband

I'll govern like Tory leader Margaret Thatcher,

Good luck trying to convince people you're that different

Ah well, at least you're admitting Labour policies are crap, and they know they can't win voters over so have to result in scare tactics that won't work.

As I said, I don't care if it Tories or Labour in Government, to use a well known phrase on here, They're both 2 cheeks of the same arse, even more so when Ed comes out with this

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/459097/I-ll-govern-like-Tory-leader-Margaret-Thatcher-says-Ed-Red-Miliband

I don't think Labour policies are crap. I think it's naive to suggest any party can win on policies alone. The SNP are the worst for using underhanded tactics to achieve their aims. Acting as though it's only labour who rely on electoral tactics is clearly untrue.

I don't think Labour policies are crap. I think it's naive to suggest any party can win on policies alone. The SNP are the worst for using underhanded tactics to achieve their aims. Acting as though it's only labour who rely on electoral tactics is clearly untrue.

:lol: Did you just wipe the referendum campaign from your memory?

Why do you think Labour are in such a mess right now, it's not because the SNP are such a great party, it's be self inflicted harm from Labour.

You're a prime example as to why Labour are in a shambles.

"Right Ed, looks like after decades of domination we've lost the trust of the Jocks. You have to think of something inspirational to say to get them back onside."

"I'm going to govern like Margaret Thatcher."

"Oh Ed." :(

I don't like Labour They rely on privelege, and not policies.

What have the BBC done to help them?

The leaders debates. They are Lab-Tory promos. It is disgraceful.

Doesn't matter who gets voted in or which parties form a coalition, one is for sure we will get shafted right up the Khyber pass to pay for the mistakes of the bwankers etc and the like.

Frankly today in our climate politically speaking, it doesn't matter which of the big two parties get into power, I do not see any difference between them other than the colour they pick for the party.

There will be tax hikes after the election, but don't expect any party to address that.

Labour shot themselves in the foot 6 months ago, but admitting they were more or less going to continue Tory policies.

I've just been looking through the betting for Scottish seats on oddschecker. As things stand today, the SNP are favourites in three seats currently held by Labour: Dundee West, Falkirk, and Ochil.

The SNP are also favourites to take 7 of the 11 seats currently held by the Lib Dems. Labour are favourites to take East Dunbartonshire from the Lib Dems. Lib Dems remain favourites to win three of their current seats: Berwickshire, Orkney, and Ross.

The Tories are favourites to retain Dumfriesshire.

If the current bookies' favourite wins each seat, we would have:

Lab: 39 (-2)

SNP: 16 (+10)

LD: 3 (-8 )

Con: 1 (NC)

A few changes in the beting market over the Christmas period. Three seats where the SNP have overtaken Labour to be favourites (Aberdeen North, East Dunbartonshire, Glasgow North), and three seats in which Labour were previously favourites on their own and are now joint favourites with the SNP (Linlithgow, North Ayrshire, West Dunbartonshire). Awarding half a seat each to Labour and the SNP in the tied constituencies gives the following:

Lab: 34.5

SNP: 20.5

LD: 3

Con: 1

It's not like that at all. Labour's tactic is, and has to be, that a vote for the SNP is a vote that makes a Tory government more likely. By having a debate about Westminster politics in Scotland that message will get diluted. This isn't a Holyrood election. Labours message is: want to get rid of the Tories? Vote Labour.

Why does it have to be that tactic? Why can't they persuade Scots to vote Labour by explaining to them why a Labour government in Westminster would be good for Scotland?

Could it be because a Labour government in Westminster would not actually be good for Scotland?

Why does it have to be that tactic? Why can't they persuade Scots to vote Labour by explaining to them why a Labour government in Westminster would be good for Scotland?

Could it be because a Labour government in Westminster would not actually be good for Scotland?

It has to be that tactic because that's the one that has the best chance of working. Need to bank on Labour supporters who voted yes coming back to the party, best way to do that is to emphasise the point: it's us or the Tories.

Why shouldn't Labour be tactical? Every other party is. Also why only what's 'good for Scotland'? I'm assuming people vote for Westminster for what's best for the whole country, or their own constituency, not just Scotland.

It has to be that tactic because that's the one that has the best chance of working. Need to bank on Labour supporters who voted yes coming back to the party, best way to do that is to emphasise the point: it's us or the Tories.

Why shouldn't Labour be tactical? Every other party is. Also why only what's 'good for Scotland'? I'm assuming people vote for Westminster for what's best for the whole country, or their own constituency, not just Scotland.

So Labour have not a single positive message for Scotland other than "hey, at least we're not the tories" while adopting tory policies and spending plans?

And we should vote for that???

Nothing wrong with parties using tactics. Scottish Labour on the other hand are just using blatant lies. If all they have is "Vote SNP, get Tories". Then they are in for a world of hurt come May.

Everytime I hear someone from Labour saying this, All it does is remind me is how undemocratic the WM political system is for Scotland.

If you only have the choice between voting for 1 party you don't like and another you don't like, just not as much, what is the point?

'It's us or the Tories'. That suggests that anyone would be aware of any tangible difference between a future Tory or Labour government. Once upon a time perhaps, but in 2015 we have the complete Americanisation of UK politics, eg the right-wing and the extreme right-wing fighting for approval from a narrow and self-interested sector of society.

As a former Labour voter I'll be telling their campaigners and canvassers to tactically get to f**k; I'll vote for a better Scotland as England seems wholly incapable of saving itself.

Everytime I hear someone from Labour saying this, All it does is remind me is how undemocratic the WM political system is for Scotland.

If you only have the choice between voting for 1 party you don't like and another you don't like, just not as much, what is the point?

At least the majority of us are in the same boat on that point, so I guess it's fair in that respect.!!

So Labour have not a single positive message for Scotland other than "hey, at least we're not the tories" while adopting tory policies and spending plans?

And we should vote for that???

There will be a manifesto. I don't mean Labour should say 'vote us to get rid of the Tories' and literally nothing else. I'm saying the general tactic should be the 'sack the Tories' message. In the same way the SNP tactic will be 'vote for us to turn Westminster seats tartan.' That's not going to be the SNPs be all and end all but a summation of their general tactic.

Archived