General Election 2015

Ludo*1

There will be a manifesto. I don't mean Labour should say 'vote us to get rid of the Tories' and literally nothing else. I'm saying the general tactic should be the 'sack the Tories' message. In the same way the SNP tactic will be 'vote for us to turn Westminster seats tartan.' That's not going to be the SNPs be all and end all but a summation of their general tactic.

Then I will wait to see if the Labour manifesto actually contains any policies that will make Scotland a better place. Given their past performances, I very much doubt it will.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then I will wait to see if the Labour manifesto actually contains any policies that will make Scotland a better place. Given their past performances, I very much doubt it will.

Well documents tend to be like that when you've made your mind up before you've read them.

jmothecat, are you trolling? You really don't see the blatant lies Labour told throughout the referendum and it doesn't bother you that they worked hand in hand with the Tories?

Just to be clear here, are you suggesting that Labour and the Conservatives shouldn't both have been campaigning for a No vote?

This did make me laugh

http://bit.ly/14mEDiF

Craig Murray considering standing as an independent in Berwick upon tweed on the platform it would join Scotland.

We know him being elected is never going to happen, but let's just say for a laugh he did.

Call me a cynic, but I wouldn't believe for a moment the border could be shifted South to bring in Berwick upon tweed.

When people on here talk about the 'lies' and 'tactics' etc of Labour, it almost sounds as if they don't think the SNP were doing the exact same thing.

Politicians tell mistruths, smudge facts, act tactically for their own gain and use spin and whatever else they can for positive publicity. I'm very much aware of that. However the political parties are different, do have different views and philosophies and in my opinion there is a noticeable difference between what the Tories want to do, what the SNP want to do and what Labour want to do. My views, broadly, match Labour's.

When people on here talk about the 'lies' and 'tactics' etc of Labour, it almost sounds as if they don't think the SNP were doing the exact same thing.

Politicians tell mistruths, smudge facts, act tactically for their own gain and use spin and whatever else they can for positive publicity. I'm very much aware of that. However the political parties are different, do have different views and philosophies and in my opinion there is a noticeable difference between what the Tories want to do, what the SNP want to do and what Labour want to do. My views, broadly, match Labour's.

Scottish Labour or UK Labour? Or are they really just the same thing?

yeah, and Labour's views broadly match the Tories.

Probably wasting your breath with the doctrinaire, impracticable theorists on here. They actually believe the lies they want to believe. I'm not sorry to say it but the separatist on here all seem incapable of objectivity of thought. Hence, the Borg hive mentality when it comes to separation from the UK.

When the SNP do it it is clever politicking.

Archived