General Election 2015

Ludo*1

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How does that work then? If The SNP take the seats, then there will be more SNP, less labour and the same number of Tories.

Silly boy.

Only Labour can challenge the Tories, two horse race. Tories will be hoping Labour routed in Scotland. Tartan Tories helping the real Tories. Amazing.

What about Lib Dems? Are they a major party? With their six percent.

Part of the current government, and performance in the previous election still matters.

Little I disagree with the Ofcom justifications really. Labour most popular party, Tories second most and in government, Lib Dems in government and did well based on votes at the last election, UKIP topped the last nationwide election, SNP big in Scotland, Welsh Nats big in Wales, Norn Irish parties big in Northern Ireland.

Greens still relatively minor, not taken seats in by-elections, didn't top any national elections, didn't do much at the last general election, still largely an irrelevance for most voters.

Part of the current government, and performance in the previous election still matters.

Little I disagree with the Ofcom justifications really. Labour most popular party, Tories second most and in government, Lib Dems in government and did well based on votes at the last election, UKIP topped the last nationwide election, SNP big in Scotland, Welsh Nats big in Wales, Norn Irish parties big in Northern Ireland.

Greens still relatively minor, not taken seats in by-elections, didn't top any national elections, didn't do much at the last general election, still largely an irrelevance for most voters.

It is just bias. Designed to entrench power. There's no thinking here.

Yet they don't stand across the UK

Only Labour can challenge the Tories, two horse race. Tories will be hoping Labour routed in Scotland. Tartan Tories helping the real Tories. Amazing.

That's not really true. Telegraph's punting Murphy. They hate SNP.

So if there is a rainbow coalition this term then is that in itself enough to get you recognised as a main party? Or what if the greens had taken their 1 MP and joined the government?

Equal access to broadcast media for all parties. I include in this the parties with whom I could never agree - such as the BNP, UKIP etc.

I also fail to see why Ofcom is splitting the country. Are we the UK or not? Why should Scottish based parties be denied the UK stage? This is what leads many north of the border to accuse the establishment of substituting England and UK as and when it suits them.

The SNP have been known as tartan tories for decades, of course most posters on here are much too young to realise this.

Erm, my dad and grandad are both conservatives, whereas I am SNP, after many discussions and arguments both have very different views.

Archived