General Election 2015

Ludo*1

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Foulkes taking things well :lol:

Foulkes is talking utter nonsense as usual. The pollsters have commercial clients (rather than the media, parties and pressure groups) and cannot afford to sell their reputation to a particular newspaper. The British Polling Council has been asked by its members to undertake an inquiry into polling methods after they got the Tory and Labour shares badly wrong.

Another irony for Foulkes is that Ashcroft's national and marginal seats polls under-stated Tory support too. He will be asking his pollsters some awkward questions over the next few weeks. His last poll had Labour and the Tories level on 33%. A week before the election, Mundell was supposedly 11% behind the SNP. There were similar losses predicted in lots of seats which the Tories retained, e.g. Hendon.

There will be tactical voting going on as well in Scotland to throw into the mix.

I'm looking forward to Pete Wishart losing his seat to the Tories all the same. <_<

So basically. The SNP might scrape a dozen or so seats up here, Labour will win handsomely in Scotland as usual but that is in spite of the massive ground campaign being launched by the SNP and their balloon inflator army. You think the greens might win a couple of seats in England (they'll lose the one they've got) and Ukip will affect the outcome (it will).

Nicola isn't in the same league as Salmond in terms of political ability

The SNP will be lucky to double their current seat number. Their share of the vote WILL go up a bit, but that won't mean loads of seats as Labour are still entrenched and this is a general election and it matters. The SNP don't matter in a general election.

. The fact is the Ukip vote has grown in Scotland from nowhere. Why is that?

:lol:

Wages will always be the biggest cost to any business. You completely ignore the fact that business have large fixed and overhead costs. They have to worry about pleasing customers, shareholders, staff and complying with the government. Raising the minimum wage is not going to fix anything. Other than give a marginal short term benefit to those on it, and that's dismissing the people who get made redundant because of it; get their hours cut back; entry level and low skilled workers who can't get those job's because they're not worth the minimum wage and small businesses that go under because of it.

You obviously didn't read the post very carefully. I stated that wages make up a fraction of the SELLING price not cost. I refer back to my earlier post and ask you to justify why anyone working in a full-time position should receive in work benefits which includes tax credits.

After you answer the above, perhaps you can take time out of your ivory tower and explain how any job is not worth the minimum wage.

Apparently the SNP Fleeto are all getting on the same aircraft tomorrow to go down to London. I don't think that's a good idea.

I think it's fucking tremendous.

captain Nicola leading the charge of the fleeto.

post-12513-14312731475363_thumb.jpg

Rumour has it that Panorama tomorrow night is all about the last few days of the Central Ayrshire campaign. Did wonder why there was so many cameras there yet absolutely no coverage on the night.

Look out for a man pulling a Carrick if this is true :whistle

Supposedly a Glasgow pensioner has failed to collect their winnings from a £30000 wager put on a tory majority in the GE at odds of 7/1...

Archived