General Election 2015

Ludo*1

As for the money aspect consider this.

I would bet the farm on that UK labour getting rid of Scottish Labour as soon as. They will be a drain on resources and they will view them as the reason why they lost the election - not being able to beat/reigning in the SNP, and losing 40 seats.

Now if labour in Scotland decide to go it alone, where will they get the money for future campaigns from? They can't go to business, what can labour North of the Border offer them? Zero access to power in Holyrood or Westminster.

The Unions are ready to tell them to get to f**k, labour no longer represent the working class.

They have just lost 40 MPs, so any access to money from their MPs through their expenses has gone. No money means they can't campaign and they become irrelevant. The membership is also ageing and they no longer have a prescience on the doorsteps.

What you saw in the wee sma' hours was the death of labour. As I said to one bitter labour payroll staffer, the past is yours but he future is mine....

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are proud of the fact a comment you've made looking forward to the deaths of people who disagree with you politically has been rated badly?

You're happy we went to Iraq

And I meant the labour vote and looking forward to the future, not people, I'd be wishing death on my grandparents if I meant that

Calm down son

You're happy we went to Iraq

And I meant the labour vote and looking forward to the future, not people, I'd be wishing death on my grandparents if I meant that

Calm down son

'You know what's going to be great? When all the Labour voting NO types die out up here'

Well thought out, detailed analysis of the situation from Umunna

Some point to Scotland, where we lost 40 of our 41 seats to the SNP. It is true, the rise of nationalism there was a factor that has deep, cultural roots. But our collapse north of the border was compounded by our failure to keep the Conservatives from holding and taking seats in England.

Looks like the next generation of UK Labour absolutely do not get Scotland either.

The SNP must be licking their lips.

Looks like the next generation of UK Labour absolutely do not get Scotland either.

Give it 10 year, I'm sure the number of labour votes will keep sinking :)

Somebody said it on another thread but they need to break off from UK labour, then change their stance on independence to neutral, otherwise they're never ever going to recover. Always be remembered for ganging up with the Tories

Supposedly a Glasgow pensioner has failed to collect their winnings from a £30000 wager put on a tory majority in the GE at odds of 7/1...

A guy on Reddit Scotland claimed that this bet had been placed by his Grandad, who suffers from severe senile dementia. He was asking advice on how to cancel the bet and folk were trying to help him out. This was a few days before the vote.

After the result in England everybody was begging him to tell us that he hadn't cancelled the bet, but I don't think he ever posted again.

Could've been a troll, but sounded kind of genuine. :unsure2:

Scotland Office has been "propaganda unit" for UK government, says Angus Robertson. Says it's SNP policy for it to be scrapped.

Michael Moore and Alistair Carmichael both called for the Scottish Office to be scrapped as well, before taking jobs at the head of it.

Classic Chuka. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/labour/9973249/Labours-Chuka-Umunna-asked-how-to-avoid-mixing-with-trash-on-elite-social-network.html

Archived