General Election 2015

Ludo*1

Think it's looking like new Scottish

Secretary will come from the lords.

That would be totally unacceptable. Whilst there is a Scottish Secretary the he/she should be in the Commons where he/she can be questioned by MPs and held accountable.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would be totally unacceptable. Whilst there is a Scottish Secretary the he/she should be in the Commons where he/she can be questioned by MPs and held accountable.

In that scenario, David Mundell will remain as a Scotland Office minister and he'll face the monthly question session just as he would if he were SoS.

The difference being that the buck doesn't stop with him. He just takes the flack while the SoS is comfortably out of the SNP's reach at the other end of the Palace of Westminster.

Not much of a surprise, I like Angus he does a good job and comes across very well

I thought it would be more undermined by Stuart Hosie's position as deputy leader as opposed to Salmond being there.

Salmond is starting to get annoying tbh

Quentin Letts has just said 'there's a geezer with a pony tail' when he viewed the 56.

10/10 for observation.

If you add that to the score for any other qualities he has it will average at 5/10.

David Mundell just walked down Down (deeper and Down)ing Street.

Kind of obvious what's about to happen.

Especially as it's right after current N. Ireland and Wales secretaries.

Of course I don't forget that there is a profit margin. That was exactly my point. In terms of making sizeable profits for the bad times, I think you must be mistaken. Here is a little research for you - Find out how much shareholder returns have increased for the FTSE 100 companies over the last 20 years and then compare it to economic growth. It doesn't take a genius to work out who is being squeezed here.

No one is proposing a £20 NWM though so your argument is moot. Perhaps you can answer the actual question which was - which jobs are not worth the NWM.

Stock market manipulation is a subject within itself. In 2009 the BOE pumped £315bn of funny money into the market. Which predictably boosted asset prices. Of course they call in QE, but I prefer to call it a wealth transfer to the already super wealthy. That scheme has only benefited the richest 5% of the population, and only 8% of that money has found it's way into the real economy. Even Mervyn King admitted the scheme has not worked.

As for what jobs are not worth the minimum wage. I don't choose to look at it this way. I prefer to look at it on an indivual basis. If a company is paying you more than it can afford to pay, then you're being paid more than you're worth.

Stock market manipulation is a subject within itself. In 2009 the BOE pumped £315bn of funny money into the market. Which predictably boosted asset prices. Of course they call in QE, but I prefer to call it a wealth transfer to the already super wealthy. That scheme has only benefited the richest 5% of the population, and only 8% of that money has found it's way into the real economy. Even Mervyn King admitted the scheme has not worked.

As for what jobs are not worth the minimum wage. I don't choose to look at it this way. I prefer to look at it on an indivual basis. If a company is paying you more than it can afford to pay, then you're being paid more than you're worth.

What a pile o' lumpy shite

Archived