General Election 2015

Ludo*1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-32606713 Labour internal polls showing that they knew they'd lose. Also in English marginals it appears that the Tories scare message bout the SNP had an effect Maybe if Miliband hadn't allowed himself to be painted into a corner on this issue so early in the campaign it wouldn't have had such a negative effect for him.

Does anyone think that Labour would have won if they'd been more left wing?

In a very small sense I have an inkling of sympathy with Miliband and his team of strategists. They have to move to the right in order to give themselves any chance in the Home Counties but as soon as they do that they weaken their position in the north and leave themselves open to UKIP voters and the like (I'm not even mentioning Scotland here because they were always going to be fucked up here).

They're caught between a rock and a hard place due to the Thatcher philosophy that most of England now believes in - the what's in it for me mantra.

Do you want the Labour Party to be a genuinely centre-left party and never win an General Election outright again? I simply can't see how it's possible that they ever would. The best they could hope for would be a revitalised Lib Dems and SNP coalition when the Tories have a stinker.

Principle or pragmatism?

And if they're going all out to win - can they achieve that fine balance of being right wing enough for the south but also traditional enough for their core support up north? Blair absolutely nailed it in 1997 but a lot of that had to do with the country being absolutely fed u with the Tories.

Will England ever drift to the left again?

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Boris takes over (circa 2018) what will this mean for Scotland?

Better or worse than Cameron?

178426643__904866c.jpg

Something tells me Gideon might have something to say about Boris getting into number 10.

I'd rather the cokehead than that bumbling oaf in charge of the corrupt Kingdom.

Boris, is firm favourite with the bookies.

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/next-prime-minister

If we have a repeat election in five years, in that the English are spun the vote Labour get SNP again, he could be PM for at least seven years.

Labour are f*cked ! No Chance of winning back Scotland and no chance of defeating the Tories through a pact with the SNP, English voters will continue to reject that unpalatable collaborative.

For once, I agree with you. I think both wards should be run again with a proper register. I would particularly like to see you back on here when the people of Dundee once again vote for the SNP and, given Labour's total irrelevance, see an even larger majority. #scenes.

Bit unfair to do them for fraud when it was the councils fault for sending them ballot sheets

Besides the SNP absolutely romped home in both Dundee seats anyway

The SNP romped home practically everwhere.

Just a wee reminder for Kevin.

Archived