Top 5 TV Programmes (of any genre)

Venti

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was never called "Bilko" it was the "Phil Silvers Show" IIRC

If you want to be pedantic it was first called "You'll never get rich" before becoming "The Phil Silvers Show"

It was often sold as Sgt Bilko or just Bilko and was billed like that in most countries including the UK.

CBS actually marketed the show as "Sgt. Bilko" after they cancelled it.

Arrested Development

Band of Brothers

Sherlock

Malcolm in the Middle

Eurotrash

I dont watch a great deal of TV anymore, as you can probably tell by my list, and my daughter keeps wanting me to watch shows like Breaking Bad, or The Wire "You'd love this, Dad" is almost a constant refrain. If it ain't Football I aint watching it.

A couple of years back she saw me reading the book "Band of Brothers" and bought me the Box Set.

Fabulous show that actually brought the book to life. Very impressive.

I dont watch a great deal of TV anymore, as you can probably tell by my list, and my daughter keeps wanting me to watch shows like Breaking Bad, or The Wire "You'd love this, Dad" is almost a constant refrain. If it ain't Football I aint watching it.

A couple of years back she saw me reading the book "Band of Brothers" and bought me the Box Set.

Fabulous show that actually brought the book to life. Very impressive.

One of the few times where I can safely say the adaptation was better than the book.

Whilst the show also had some American jingoism I could barely read the book due to the incessant reek of "America is the best, best, bestest (at everything)".

Other countries do get a passing mention but just to show you how shit they are compared to the US of A.

Archived