Tartan Army - Good Guys or Wanks?

Tartan Army  

254 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This Dryhorce bloke is a total embarassment!

Best fans award! Well I suppose if you have never achieved anything else in life every award counts! Even those from the 90's shared with 22,000 other people, assuming he was present of course, and not sitting in a village hall somewhere in South Ayrshire with 24 cans of Kestrel watching STV with his best mate Brucie, the Cumnock over 80's booling champion.

Now you are just on the wind up. Its spot the person not in the kilt at Scotland games.

No, it really isn't.

Though it is useful to identify c***s, without the requirement to speak to them. A uniform it would be useful if they wore more in public for ID reasons.

Wanks.

Uneducated wanks.

They wear kilts.

Booing the Liechtenstein anthem because it sounds like God Save the Queen. In my opinion, the most embarrassing moment in Scotland's 900 year history.

Also, when did we turn into the Irish? Leave the "We're shit, but at least we have good supporters" spiel to them.

We your English your all over Scotland related sights telling us how much you hate us and about how superior your blood is to ours

Lex and HB have carried on their Scottish self loathing even after the referendum. Quite sad to see the way they feel really.

It's hardly "Scottish self loathing" - the Tartan Army represent a tiny minority of football fans in Scotland. They are to a man complete and utter wankers.

This Dryhorce bloke is a total embarassment!

Best fans award! Well I suppose if you have never achieved anything else in life every award counts! Even those from the 90's shared with 22,000 other people, assuming he was present of course, and not sitting in a village hall somewhere in South Ayrshire with 24 cans of Kestrel watching STV with his best mate Brucie, the Cumnock over 80's booling champion.

I am a Glasweigan you numpty why would I want to live in Ayrshire again,dodged that bullet years ago

The self loathing in here :lol:

Nothing wrong with wearing a kilt to Scotland games, who is exactly is it fucking hurting?

I've travelled abroad many times to Scotland games and found the TA to be like any other group of supporters from Britian. More or less sound enough but always a few arseholes trying to spoil the party.

The people that give Scotland fans a bad name are those who invent these imaginary rules that you must abide by. Not discussing club loyalties etc. f**k off pal, I'm on holiday, I'll discuss what I want with my mates in the boozer.

Paris 2007, brought a Scotland flag with an Aberdeen badge. You'd have thought it was a Swastika they way a couple of folk carried on.

Overall, following Scotland home and away has been generally positive for me, some really good times.

Haven't done it for a while (Wembley aside) for a while now but that's just circumstance out of anything.

People that get wound up by kilts and hats :lol::lol:

The Liechtenstein incident was unbelievably cringeworthy.

I was there what incident never heard any booing at the home game,the Northern Ireland game was another story though

Anyway what self respecting nation shares a anthem with England any way?

Its not as if they lack a good folk song over there to adopt any how,so why use GSTQ alienating Catholics and other faith groups who cant relate to it?

Aye, I was at the Liechtenstein game as well and do not recall any booing either.

Makes for a good story for the Unionist/Scotch cringe lot, I suppose.

Right.... so the SFA apologised for something that didn't actually happen :1eye

In what way is it self-loathing?

I find any Scot that detests the sight of a kilt as a form of self loathing for their place of birth.

I am sure you disagree and we can have a good ol' back and forth on it for a while.

Can't wait.

Aye, I was at the Liechtenstein game as well and do not recall any booing either.

Makes for a good story for the Unionist/Scotch cringe lot, I suppose.

Well I heard it.

It was laughable. Really embarassing.

Apparently New Zealand doesn't exist though, cos I've never seen it.

I find any Scot that detests the sight of a kilt as a form of self loathing for their place of birth.

I don't mind them at weddings.

It's just attention seeking fuddery at the football though. Which is really the raison d'etre for the "army".

In what way is it self-loathing?

Not having the bottle to take political decisions into your own hands and decide to let others in another nation do it for us is self loathing

Especially as you still moan when they make the bad decisions in there own vested self serving interests and against our own

Wish you would grew a spine and walk tall with us 45

I am a Glasweigan you numpty why would I want to live in Ayrshire again,dodged that bullet years ago

Ayr Utd supporter

Why would you live in Ayrshire AGAIN? Suggests you did before , so you are no Glaswegian. Moving there doesn't make you one of them.

Small town , small mind.

George Peat :-

'I was embarrassed and extremely disappointed by the disgraceful behaviour of some of our supporters during the Liechtenstein national anthem at Hampden Park last night.

'The Scotland fans have worked hard to earn their reputation throughout the world as fun-loving and respectful followers of football.

'Last night, those who chose to boo our opponents' anthem only served to tarnish that reputation.

'I apologise unreservedly to our visitors for the crass reaction to their anthem, just as I did in private last night to the Liechtenstein delegation.

'It must not be forgotten that all nations must abide by FIFA's Fair Play policy and last night's behaviour does nothing to help Scotland's image.'

Those jolly japesters... wha's like us... etc etc.