Tartan Army - Good Guys or Wanks?

Tartan Army  

254 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In my personal expierience, they're fucking wankers. Some fud in a Glengarry once had the audacity to tell me I should be a bigger Scotland fan than an ICT fan.

In 2007 I was down in Glasgow with my girlfriend at the time and Scotland were playing Georgia funnily enough (The 2-1 game). Sat in this pub having lunch and got talking to a few of the TA, this old boy with about a thousand badges on his t-shirt and a massive grey beard wades in and asked if I had a club side. Fucking idiotic question. I took great pleasure laughing in his face for about a minute. It was probably Hamish Husband. I hope it was.

Did he tell you about all the charidee works?

Or about the great days where the pissed cretins "drank Bari dry"?

Edited by H_B

See how the vast majority of football fans in Scotland don't support the national side, is this replicated in every other country round the world or just here? If so I wonder why, per head, we have some of the best home and away supports in Europe? How many other countries of 5 million would moan like f**k about not selling out 50k for a home game? ONE PERCENT of the entire population.

Also VT it's from personal experience mate. You trying to say there's only 30k Scotland fans cause that's how many are in the SSC is hilarious. I hand on heart do not know one football fan who will not want Scotland to win tomorrow. Not one.

Yous are deluded.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

In my personal expierience, they're fucking wankers. Some fud in a Glengarry once had the audacity to tell me I should be a bigger Scotland fan than an ICT fan.

In 2007 I was down in Glasgow with my girlfriend at the time and Scotland were playing Georgia funnily enough (The 2-1 game). Sat in this pub having lunch and got talking to a few of the TA, this old boy with about a thousand badges on his t-shirt and a massive grey beard wades in and asked if I had a club side. Fucking idiotic question. I took great pleasure laughing in his face for about a minute. It was probably Hamish Husband. I hope it was.

So 2 guys are enough to make you say the TA (not really a fan of naming Scotland fans the TA by the way) are wanks? Wow. Also what's idiotic about someone asking you if you have a club side? Edited by 1320Lichtie

Another aspect of their wankyness is how serious they take themselves. The silly hats with the feathers and badges. It's like one big cock measuring contest with them bragging about who's been to the most games. As has been said, it's mostly Teuchters to blame.

Given that he's quite clearly an adult, and the SNP have only been in power in Scotland for 7 years, I'm not sure how that could be true.

Guys never lived in Scotland he is from Leeds go into most football Scotland England YouTube clips he is there talking crap kept his same name for Pie and Bovril

I refuse to use the term tartan army. When people use that term they think of big hairy, soft, chucther jessies with feathers in their hats.

The scotland fans are made up up many different people such as hairy arsed glasgow hardmen, big tough aberdonian oil riggers, neds from dundee, embarrassing posh arseholes from edinburgh to older minted toffs from the highlands.

You could pick 2 scotland fans out at random and one might be a nutcase from glasgow who has slashed someone that day to a feeble pansie from the highlands that likes to sing about drops of golden sun

The term tartan army is meaningless

I refuse to use the term tartan army. When people use that term they think of big hairy, soft, chucther jessies with feathers in their hats.

The scotland fans are made up up many different people such as hairy arsed glasgow hardmen, big tough aberdonian oil riggers, neds from dundee, embarrassing posh arseholes from edinburgh to older minted toffs from the highlands.

You could pick 2 scotland fans out at random and one might be a nutcase from glasgow who has slashed someone that day to a feeble pansie from the highlands that likes to sing about drops of golden sun

Slashing someone makes you hard does it?Makes you a fanny in my book were ever you come from

This. Fucking Tartan Army stereotypes are fucking tragic. Get them to f**k.

Got a choice of my Jimmy hat or my supporters club wooly think its the wolly the morra

All fun and games IMO mate I don't see the big deal, I might think you look like a fud but you might think I do, I won't pre judge you as a w****r anyway for choosing to wear one.

How is Glasgow scene as the hard men,we are trying to lose that image and not long before time

City has been City of culture twice and people are still carrying round images out of no mean city with them

Cant get my head around that one this is one of the most friendly welcoming Cities in the country the games proved it

Lots of art happening here and music but people want to still use that age old stereotype for the average Glasweigan

The best one iss how the Tartan Army always sing about England and there hatred of such - usually quantified by while England don't give a toss about Scotland.

Which, anyone who has been to an England game, especially away knows that is wrong.

For the most part from my experience the Scotland Song Sheet consists of...

Doe a Deer

We'll be Coming

Scotland

Flower of Scotland

Then the usual situational football songs

As for good/wanks, Scotland fans like any large group do have wanks within their ranks, but seen more good and had great laughs than bad experiences, despite my English twang

See how the vast majority of football fans in Scotland don't support the national side, is this replicated in every other country round the world or just here? If so I wonder why, per head, we have some of the best home and away supports in Europe?

Erm, you don't. Scottish football as a domestic competition has an impressive level of attendances, among the highest per capita anywhere in the world.

Scottish international attendances are simply the work of a committed group of Tartan Army morons repeatedly turning up to get pissed and humiliated. There is far more interest and consumption of the Scottish domestic game than the Scottish national team: because most fans in Scotland aren't Grade A, Tartan Army wallopers like yourself.

Unlucky.

Edited by vikingTON

Erm, you don't. Scottish football as a domestic competition has an impressive level of attendances, among the highest per capita anywhere in the world.

Scottish international attendances are simply the work of a committed group of Tartan Army morons repeatedly turning up to get pissed and humiliated. There is far more interest and consumption of the Scottish domestic game than the Scottish national team: because most fans in Scotland aren't Grade A, Tartan Army wallopers like yourself.

Unlucky.

I'm a grade A Tartan Army walloper? How do you work this out you don't even know me? And Scotland consistently get some of the highest attendances in Europe. Like I said we usually have ONE PERCENT of the whole fucking population inside the ground. That's not to bad considering the vast majority of people who like football in the country don't even support us... :lol:

And were never going to agree but I don't think you could be any further off. Every Scottish person I know that likes football will be wanting Scotland to win tomorrow.

Maybe you just need to stop being so cynical? :)

Edited by 1320Lichtie

You don't normally have 50,000 - you certainly won't get 50,000 tomorrow. And as has already been discussed, the SSC has 30,000 members, so adding 20k of non TA wankers from the rest of the country for a big game is not an achievement.

There are however hundreds of thousands of football fans in Scotland, leaving you ultimately as a tiny, cringeworthy minority not representative of civilised Scotland. Which I believe was the discussion point of the topic, not 'who wants Scotland to win tomorrow?'. Other than a preference for my bet to come up, I couldn't give a toss about the result.

Gutted for you.