Poland vs Scotland

Horrible line up. 2 nil Poland.

Why does everyone have this idea that Poland are a great side? They have 1 great player, but were shat off the park on Saturday - at home - but still managed to sneak 2 goals from their 3 shots on target to win. To be honest I'll be pretty gutted if we lose tonight.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very disappointed at the decision to drop Robertson. At United last season he was often our best attacking threat and he looked to be doing the same job for Scotland. I don't agree that he's weak defensively either - granted he's better going forward but there's nothing wrong with him defensively. He's also more likely to put the opposition on the back foot which is half the battle.

He was never starting.

Also, where is this stuff coming from about Whittaker being better defensively? He quite clearly isn't.

i don't see why there wouldn't have been a chance of him starting. if naismith had started upfront, i'd imagine fletcher would have started with morrison behind the striker. i'm guessing the overall performance of the team on saturday meant strachan found it difficult to change the team, apart from left-back oddly enough

Should we win tonight, will that make us the unofficial world champions following Poland's win against the Germans at the weekend?

Brazil are atm.

Argentina beat Germany in a friendly a month or 2 back amd Brazil beat Argentina the other night.

Should we win tonight, will that make us the unofficial world champions following Poland's win against the Germans at the weekend?

Nah the Argies were first to beat the *** (Gerries, since I'm not allowed to use the First World War phrase I first went with. Bloody Rangers fans).

Brazil are atm.

Argentina beat Germany in a friendly a month or 2 back amd Brazil beat Argentina the other night.

This, we still sit top of the Unofficial World Rankings though.

Archived