Menzel's Czech Fitba Thread

Menzel

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Is domestic Czech football super racist as well, or do they just save it for European games?

No more than Scottish football. Different clubs have more than others. Sparta are seen as the right wing team in Czech football. 

I've not seen any of the Rangers game apart from the result so I don't know what has happened tonight. 

The reporting of Kudela's racial incident investigation has been reported differently outside Scotland. 

Edited by diegomarahenry

I assume by "outside of Scotland" you mean the embarrassing coverage in the Czech Republic which you posted in another thread. Tonight is at least the third incident of overt racism involving Czech clubs or their players in the last 6 months in European football, so there definitely appears to be a massive problem.

27 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I assume by "outside of Scotland" you mean the embarrassing coverage in the Czech Republic which you posted in another thread. Tonight is at least the third incident of overt racism involving Czech clubs or their players in the last 6 months in European football, so there definitely appears to be a massive problem.

I am not sure what coverage you are referring to. 

If you mean the account of what happened over the two legs, which was in fact 100% true and all players and officials were charged based on those incidents then I am not sure you can describe it as embarrassing.  

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I am not sure what coverage you are referring to. 

If you mean the account of what happened over the two legs, which was in fact 100% true and all players and officials were charged based on those incidents then I am not sure you can describe it as embarrassing.  

This coverage that you posted about in March, where they were indulging in widescale whataboutery, including pretending that Czech people weren't safe in Scotland.

On 31/03/2021 at 17:44, diegomarahenry said:

Been following Kudela'gate in the Czech media. From the original interview supposedly from the manager that was removed from the site I read it on, which is why I wasn't sure it was real or not. Most of the needle was caused during the first leg. 

The Slavia manager Trpisovsky is a huge Liverpool fan. He has no playing experience and worked as a barman while manging a regional Czech team before taking over at The Czech version of Partick Thistle. He asked Gerrard to sign a jersey or a book, I have heard both since, but either way, Gerrard refused. He refused all requests for pictures or autographs from everyone. 

After the game, Rangers have an allotted time  to have a warm-down, The travelling squad had a bounce game on the whole pitch causing damage and refused to come in after the allowed time despite requests from ground staff, the Slavia manager and a UEFA official to the point that they had to switch the floodlights off to get them off the pitch. 

After the game at Ibrox, Slavia were locked out of the tunnel area, They were locked out for an hour, approximately the same time Rangers were on Slavias pitch. 

Since then, it has been a bit on a bin fire trying to follow things online due to the spamming of threads. The Czech ambassador gave an interview that seemed to say that in a bad way, Britain was a more multi-cultural society than CZ and there was more of a reaction as a result. There has been a lot made of the killing of Kamil Charyszyn and the racial intolerance in Scotland, angled specifically at eastern and central Europeans, Brexit and Rangers Unionist/Brexit leanings. We are in a situation where Michael Stewart is being quoted in the Czech media. There is an interview with a Scottish professor based in Prague on a Czech news site saying that Czechs are not safe in Scotland because Rangers fans will kill them. 

https://cnn.iprima.cz/skotsky-fanousek-cechum-bych-ted-cestu-do-glasgow-neradil-mohlo-by-to-bolet-22057

Both sets of fans have been horrendous on Twitter, a total embarrassment to both clubs. 

Now, after the comments of the Sky commentator yesterday, The Slava chairman has challenged the fact that Kudela is being portrayed as guilty in the media before a trial and he want's to insure a fair investigation. He mentioned his Rangers counterparts interview yesterday. 

From various threads, Slavia are claiming to have evidence that will exonerate Kudela, They also have footage of Romanian midfielder Stanciu being called a gypsy by a Rangers player. Both could be empty threats. 

Personally, it has been difficult, you don't want to believe a player for your club or even someone in public life you admire would do something like this and you have the urge to defend them. But you have to step back and look at the facts and say, if they are guilty, f**k them. True of Suarez, Terry, Amoruso, Goodwillie, Adam Johnston, Ched Evans or any other player found guilty of a crime and backed blindly by some fans who can't accept it. There is a school of thought that banning athletes for racism doesn't then make them not racist and they should be given diversity and acceptance training. Personally, I don't want him at the club if he is guilty. 

Kudela looks guilty and to make excuses of what might have happened other than he was racist is just speculation and makes the person saying it look a wee bit racist as well. 

The outcome should be announced on the 5th of April now. 

W

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

This coverage that you posted about in March, where they were indulging in widescale whataboutery, including pretending that Czech people weren't safe in Scotland.

I take it you didn't see the story in the Czech media from Aamer Anwar 2 weeks ago saying Rangers fans were not safe in Prague? The same week Lyons bus was vandalised. That was described in the Czech press as pouring petrol on a fading flame. 

I try to paint a picture of what is happening in the Czech media, I don't have an agenda that is pro CZ, I just don't like to see it being misrepresented. 

I can think of 3 racist incidents within Scottish football this season off the top of my head without googling more, Czech football is no more racist than Scottish football. Both nations have problems and visibly try to eradicate it. 

The coverage of Kudelas trial doesn't mean he's not guilty, it has galvanised the majority of CZ against people who have made them out to be Communist era racists. 

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The coverage of Kudelas trial doesn't mean he's not guilty, it has galvanised the majority of CZ against people who have made them out to be Communist era racists. 

Yeah they sure showed everyone that they're not racists by, *checks notes*, constantly booing a black player that was the subject of racial abuse less than 6 months ago.

27 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Yeah they sure showed everyone that they're not racists by, *checks notes*, constantly booing a black player that was the subject of racial abuse less than 6 months ago.

Think about what I am saying. About how this has been reported in the Czech media. 

Then think about tonight, where the fans of Sparta, the bitter rivals of Slavia are booing him in support of a Slavia player and the Czech republic in general. 

On a side note, booing isn't racist. I didn't see the game and I haven't seen any reports of racism in the UK or Czech press. I could guess there was at some level though. 

46 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Think about what I am saying. About how this has been reported in the Czech media. 

Then think about tonight, where the fans of Sparta, the bitter rivals of Slavia are booing him in support of a Slavia player and the Czech republic in general. 

On a side note, booing isn't racist. I didn't see the game and I haven't seen any reports of racism in the UK or Czech press. I could guess there was at some level though. 

f**k off

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

It's racist when the booing is targeted at exclusively black players every time they touched the ball. 

4 minutes ago, the snudge said:

It's racist when the booing is targeted at exclusively black players every time they touched the ball. 

As I said, I am sure there was a racist element there tonight, however, there is another issue at play here that has made Rangers, its players and by association the whole of Scotland, despised by a lot of people in the Czech republic. Some of the comments I have seen on line tonight have made that a whole lot worse. The overriding narrative that because they are Czech, or "Eastern European" (Central European actually, call a Czech person Eastern European and they will quickly correct you) They are bound to be racist. 

If you just want to carry on thinking that Czech people are all racist and that is their only motivation, carry on. I'm not going to try and change your mind. All I am trying to explain is what the narrative is over there. But it seems no one is interested in that side of it. 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

As I said, I am sure there was a racist element there tonight, however, there is another issue at play here that has made Rangers, its players and by association the whole of Scotland, despised by a lot of people in the Czech republic. Some of the comments I have seen on line tonight have made that a whole lot worse. The overriding narrative that because they are Czech, or "Eastern European" (Central European actually, call a Czech person Eastern European and they will quickly correct you) They are bound to be racist. 

If you just want to carry on thinking that Czech people are all racist and that is their only motivation, carry on. I'm not going to try and change your mind. All I am trying to explain is what the narrative is over there. But it seems no one is interested in that side of it. 

You said booing isn't racist. 

I mentioned targeted booing at exclusively black players is.

You have now said you're sure there was a racist element tonight. Contradiction?

The rest of your post is just fluff and irrelevant to my point. Why do you feel the majority of kids in the 10000 strong crowd tonight booed the black players of Rangers? That's months of seethe. That's come from somewhere. Where?

40 minutes ago, the snudge said:

You said booing isn't racist. 

I mentioned targeted booing at exclusively black players is.

You have now said you're sure there was a racist element tonight. Contradiction?

The rest of your post is just fluff and irrelevant to my point. Why do you feel the majority of kids in the 10000 strong crowd tonight booed the black players of Rangers? That's months of seethe. That's come from somewhere. Where?

Booing isn't racist. 

I have said I am sure that there was a racial element tonight, twice, so no contradiction. 

I tried to explain, in part why they are booing Kamara in particular but it has passed you by. You are trying to have an argument that I am not making. So I am not sure you are really interested in the answers. If you are interested, I'm sure you'll find it out for yourself. 

9 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Booing isn't racist. 

I have said I am sure that there was a racial element tonight, twice, so no contradiction. 

I tried to explain, in part why they are booing Kamara in particular but it has passed you by. You are trying to have an argument that I am not making. So I am not sure you are really interested in the answers. If you are interested, I'm sure you'll find it out for yourself. 

It wasn't just limited to Kamara was it though? 

6 minutes ago, the snudge said:

It wasn't just limited to Kamara was it though? 

I didn’t see the game. I’ve said that twice. So I don’t know who was boo’d

I didn’t say it was just Kamara either

again, if you read what I write and come up with an agenda, I can’t help that. I’m not going to argue a point I haven’t made

There was also footage of the Jablonec fans directing monkey chants at a Celtic player, remember.

Saying that Czech football is no worse than Scottish football for racism is laughable and frankly anyone coming out with that or pinning the blame on the Scottish media is a racist apologist.

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

There was also footage of the Jablonec fans directing monkey chants at a Celtic player, remember.

Saying that Czech football is no worse than Scottish football for racism is laughable and frankly anyone coming out with that or pinning the blame on the Scottish media is a racist apologist.

That was mentioned in a previous post as 3 examples of Czech Racism this season that no one, including me disputed.

I also pointed out that there have been at least 3 in recent weeks within Scottish football.

As I mentioned before, but you have obviously missed. I was trying to explain what was being reported in the Czech media. Not justify it or say I agree with it. You and others have spouted pish I haven’t said and are now saying I am an apologist for racism. That’s why I stopped, to many folk looking for an agenda and making shit up

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

This is correct. Czech football (and society at large) undoubtedly has a bigger problem with racism than Scottish football and Scottish society. It also has a worse problem with football hooliganism. 

On the other hand, Scottish football has got a worse problem with sectarianism, anti-Irish racism specifically, as well as with terrorist chanting than Czech football. The same goes for Scottish society at large.

The old adage of people in glass houses not throwing stones should apply then, whenever Scots get all high and mighty about the outrageous behaviour of some Czech racists then.