Scotland v Republic of Ireland

Lyle Lanley

I'm not that surprised about Paterson's call up. I'm sure he was part of 5 youngsters that Strachan brought in to a training camp last year. Not in the squad as such but they were around for the experience. I think Gauld and Armstrong were part of it too.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can name as many players as you want in your squad. Our squad has 27 in it.

I always assumed you could have as big a squad as possible but there was a deadline to cut it down to 23.

Which would explain the inclusion of the injured McCarthy

Republic of Ireland squad:

Goalkeepers: David Forde (Millwall), Shay Given (Aston Villa), Darren Randolph (Birmingham), Rob Elliot (Newcastle)

Defenders: Seamus Coleman (Everton), John O'Shea (Sunderland), Alex Pearce (Reading), Ciaran Clark (Aston Villa), Stephen Ward (Burnley), Richard Keogh, Cyrus Christie (both Derby)

Midfielders: James McCarthy, Darron Gibson, Aiden McGeady (all Everton), Jeff Hendrick (Derby), Anthony Pilkington (Cardiff), James McClean (Wigan), Stephen Quinn (Hull City), Robbie Brady and David Meyler (both Hull)

Forwards: Robbie Keane (LA Galaxy), Shane Long (Southampton), Jon Walters (Stoke), Kevin Doyle (Crystal Palace), Anthony Stokes (Celtic), Daryl Murphy, David McGoldrick (both Ipswich)

Has someone seen elsewhere that McCarthy has pulled out? Included here

ETA - from BBC, last edited at 3 this afternoon.

^ ^ ^ Absolute gang.

Sick of hearing that Irish FA twat moaning about there ticket allocation, fuckin muppet.

We haven't broken any rules. Fck them.

This is our biggest game in years, why would we want to give Ireland a huge away allocation. I'm sure there will be enough Ireland fans with a weegie accent supporting them in the home end anyway.

Will be interesting to see the allocation we get over there. I'm assuming it'll be that crappy wee bit behind the goals again. We could easily take 10k over if we are still in the running for qualification.

So if any Irish fans cause trouble in the Scotland end, it's the fault of the SFA

http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/international/299217-fai-chief-executive-renews-attack-on-scottish-fa-in-euro-ticket-row/

How selfish of us, why didn't we just hand the FAI the stadium and let them sort out the allocations

Wenks.

If Ireland score and some Irish p***k is bouncing about next to me he's getting malkied.

If me and my mates are lumped next to some Irish fella doing a jig, he's getting swiftly banged on the puss and TELT(!) to f**k off.

If English, German and French fans can put up with 1000's of Scots in their home sections, I think it's only fair Scotland fans extend the same courtesy.