the neglected demograph

Taza

I attended many meetings during the referendum campaign and what struck me, was the frequently made assertion by speakers and Nicola Sturgeon in particular, that ''the Scottish people are not stupid''. Well I believe, that by accepting that as fact, we actually neglected a very important and substantial portion of the electorate. These are the people we must reach. Good luck fellow warriors.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The general public are, by and large, stupid.

I spent much of the referendum campaign stating that Better Together were banking on people being more stupid than they actually are. Turns out I was wrong, A well placed suggestive headline or a flimsy half cocked scary rumour is far more effective than the truth, which far too few of us seek to find out for ourselves.

Even if what you know you're saying is a blatant lie, it doesn't matter, because by the time it is retracted or challenged, it has sunk into the psyche and all too often the truth has to be discovered, whilst lies can just be thrown out there, like a fart in a lift.

I think the moron vote maxed out at 45%. Only another couple of decades worth of dumbing down in the education system will make a true difference and maybe give the clown collective a shot at a referendum win. But even then, Scots aren't THAT stupid.

I think the moron vote maxed out at 45%. Only another couple of decades worth of dumbing down in the education system will make a true difference and maybe give the clown collective a shot at a referendum win. But even then, Scots aren't THAT stupid.

Scots ARE that stupid. Patently, 55% of them didn't bother investigating the facts for themselves, instead relying on the Daily Record and Jackie Bird for their "facts".

Morons.

Even if what you know you're saying is a blatant lie, it doesn't matter, because by the time it is retracted or challenged, it has sunk into the psyche and all too often the truth has to be discovered, whilst lies can just be thrown out there, like a fart in a lift.

"A lie told often enough becomes the truth"

Scots ARE that stupid. Patently, 55% of them didn't bother investigating the facts for themselves, instead relying on the Daily Record and Jackie Bird for their "facts".

Morons.

Lets face it, yes ran a two year campaign and still made an absolute horses arse of it.

THAT'S stupid.

Lets face it, yes ran a two year campaign and still made an absolute horses arse of it.

THAT'S stupid.

The fact that you believe that shows how stupid you are, Grandad.

The Yes campaign was very well run. Optimistic, vibrant, engaging and with a fantastic message. What lost us the vote, without a shred of doubt, was the combined efforts of (I'm getting bored saying this) 97% of the print press, all the broadcast media, Westminster and corporations spreading a message of doom, lies and pressure about how awful an independent Scotland would be.

I now believe that if that Yougov poll hadn't shown Yes at 51%, the mass panic from the establishment wouldn't have happened, and we'd now be making plans for the formation of a new country.

Still, being the spiteful old hipster you are, I'm sure you'll come back with a suitably vitriolic broadside.

The fact that you believe that shows how stupid you are, Grandad.

The Yes campaign was very well run. Optimistic, vibrant, engaging and with a fantastic message. What lost us the vote, without a shred of doubt, was the combined efforts of (I'm getting bored saying this) 97% of the print press, all the broadcast media, Westminster and corporations spreading a message of doom, lies and pressure about how awful an independent Scotland would be.

I now believe that if that Yougov poll hadn't shown Yes at 51%, the mass panic from the establishment wouldn't have happened, and we'd now be making plans for the formation of a new country.

Still, being the spiteful old hipster you are, I'm sure you'll come back with a suitably vitriolic broadside.

You poor soul :(

Good comeback. Not a fan of the truth, are you?

I'm just content to point and laugh at you to be honest. You made a two year long c**t of yourself and you seem determined to push on for three. Carry on.

I'm just content to point and laugh at you to be honest. You made a two year long c**t of yourself and you seem determined to push on for three. Carry on.

I've been making a c**t of myself for more than 2 years, Gramps. Just imagine the sort of shit my wife has to put up with.

The general public are, by and large, stupid.

Agreed, Most of them seem to post on here.

That clueless morons thought Yes were going to win the referendum was astonishing then and is still as astonishing now.

People like you really.

Agreed, Most of them seem to post on here.

That clueless morons thought Yes were going to win the referendum was astonishing then and is still as astonishing now.

People like you really.

How very pleasing to note that your seetheathon is about to enter it's 2nd month.

How very pleasing to note that your seetheathon is about to enter it's 2nd month.

It's astonishing how your rage-faced seethe actually continues to grow, not subside since your utter utter humiliation in the referendum.

If I'd been so cataclysmically wrong, as you were, I'm not sure I could show my face here ever again.

I mean the Casual Bystander alias disappeared when the true scale of his cuntitude was exposed, but well, here you still are.

It's astonishing how your rage-faced seethe actually continues to grow, not subside since your utter utter humiliation in the referendum.

If I'd been so cataclysmically wrong, as you were, I'm not sure I could show my face here ever again.

I mean the Casual Bystander alias disappeared when the true scale of his cuntitude was exposed, but well, here you still are.

Irony clearly passes you by, doesn't it?

Archived