the neglected demograph

Taza

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dare I ask but...what did the Daily Record and jackie Bird do?

The Record probably leaned no, but didn't endorse either side and generally was pretty fair.

The Record definitely leaned No and used the vow as a kind of cast-iron guarantee that things would change for Scotland without voting Yes. I would actually give the Sun a lot of credit for displaying much more balance.

The Record definitely leaned No and used the vow as a kind of cast-iron guarantee that things would change for Scotland without voting Yes. I would actually give the Sun a lot of credit for displaying much more balance.

I think the Sun was leaning yes until Murdoch put the brakes on.

So what the Daily Record did wrong was to exclusively report "The Vow"?

The fact that you believe that shows how stupid you are, Grandad.

The Yes campaign was very well run. Optimistic, vibrant, engaging and with a fantastic message. What lost us the vote, without a shred of doubt, was the combined efforts of (I'm getting bored saying this) 97% of the print press, all the broadcast media, Westminster and corporations spreading a message of doom, lies and pressure about how awful an independent Scotland would be.

I now believe that if that Yougov poll hadn't shown Yes at 51%, the mass panic from the establishment wouldn't have happened, and we'd now be making plans for the formation of a new country.

Still, being the spiteful old hipster you are, I'm sure you'll come back with a suitably vitriolic broadside.

The Yes campaign was rubbish. The white paper topping it off. Media bias is not something invented for the referendum, the Yes campaign didn't have the strategies to cope with it.

This loss probably had to happen to gel the next generation who will hopefully go about it the right way when the time comes and give themselves every chance of winning.

The Yes campaign was rubbish. The white paper topping it off. Media bias is not something invented for the referendum, the Yes campaign didn't have the strategies to cope with it.

This loss probably had to happen to gel the next generation who will hopefully go about it the right way when the time comes and give themselves every chance of winning.

The Yes campaign wasn't rubbish, and I never said media bias was invented for the referendum, but this country has never seen media bias at a fraction of the levels they were ramped up to as we got closer to the vote.

Politicians of every colour claim that the electorate aren't stupid, then treat us as if we are. That's why Alex Salmond blurred the lines between a currency union and using the pound, it's why Labour are proposing the Mansion Tax, why Tories demonise 'scroungers', why small parties make promises they couldn't possibly keep if they ever actually managed to win an election.

The stupid aren't ignored by politicians.

The Yes campaign wasn't rubbish, and I never said media bias was invented for the referendum, but this country has never seen media bias at a fraction of the levels they were ramped up to as we got closer to the vote.

Don't know why you rise to the bait of the Beasted Together trolls.

First they tell us NO won because the Scottish people REALLY didn't want Independence. Then they tell us the YES campaign was awful (the implication being if the YES campaign was better we could have had a YES victory). They really can't let go.

I think that Scotland's oil will last a long, long time. The Seethe from the NO camp will last longer though. :lol:

Don't know why you rise to the bait of the Beasted Together trolls.

First they tell us NO won because the Scottish people REALLY didn't want Independence. Then they tell us the YES campaign was awful (the implication being if the YES campaign was better we could have had a YES victory). They really can't let go.

I think that Scotland's oil will last a long, long time. The Seethe from the NO camp will last longer though. :lol:

Pretty conceited. Clearly the SNP/Yes campaign wasn't good enough. They lost by a fair margin to possibly the worst political campaign ever.

Pretty conceited. Clearly the SNP/Yes campaign wasn't good enough. They lost by a fair margin to possibly the worst political campaign ever.

Bit thick aren't you? Do you generally have trouble with things sinking in? The utter cack-handedness of the BetterTogether campaign was given the biggest hauners in Scottish history thanks to press, media and big corporations. It more than made up for patronising BT lady with it's lies and pressure.

People are fucking idiots. no doubt about it. every day i hear folk whinging about these "fucking burkah bridages " taking over our country, not adapting to our way of life and god forbid opining buisnesses selling their foods and products here, All this from citizens of a country that ran the biggest empire the world ever seen, made people slaves in their own country, has massive expat comunities in the middle east that drink booze eat pork and give not one f**k about local customs, has massive expat comunities in spain mostly of retired people contributing nothing and all the time demanding mccain oven chips and hp sauce from their local brittish shop.

no fucking sense of irony whatsoever.

These are the people the political parties target in their campaigns , the ones who dont bother to think very hard about anything

Bit thick aren't you? Do you generally have trouble with things sinking in? The utter cack-handedness of the BetterTogether campaign was given the biggest hauners in Scottish history thanks to press, media and big corporations. It more than made up for patronising BT lady with it's lies and pressure.

Me? Haha, you just really reiterated my point that they didn't have a good enough strategy to deal with it. The bit in bold will cause many a smirk given your mewlings on here.

Me? Haha, you just really reiterated my point that they didn't have a good enough strategy to deal with it. The bit in bold will cause many a smirk given your mewlings on here.

No it didn't reiterate anything. I'm not surprised you thought so, given the happy vacuum that exists inside your skull.

Still. thanks for spectacularly missing the point.

Swing and a miss, bucko.

Seriously chief, you're talking shite.

Even half-intelligent No voters admit that the No campaign was dreadful but managed to do enough - and that the Yes campaign was a very good campaign, with maybe a few flaws if you're being critical.

If you think No won because of a better campaign then I really feel for you.

Seriously chief, you're talking shite.

Even half-intelligent No voters admit that the No campaign was dreadful but managed to do enough - and that the Yes campaign was a very good campaign, with maybe a few flaws if you're being critical.

If you think No won because of a better campaign then I really feel for you.

They didn't have a good enough strategy to deal with the unionist media power which, of course was always going to be difficult.

The white paper was a pretty big flaw as was addressing voter concerns with "it's not about that".

I previously, in this small thread, called the No campaign possibly the worst in history.

Talking shite?

Archived