Rovers v Alloa

Lack of strength in depth was obvious today. We had nothing up front. Alloa were poor but we couldn't take advantage.

McKay put in some great crosses in the first half. Unfortunately we could only convert one of them.

Good to see McGurn back in goals. Not sure what happened at their goal as I had a Main Stand pillar in my field of vision, but it looked like another defensive blooper.

Sure it was McKeown who sliced the ball. Didn't see it that well though.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Utterly appalling today. Alloa did nothing and scored because of our mistake. Take a bow Rory Mckeown. Awful! Second hap Alloa were better than us. Make no mistake they were rubbish but they were better than us. Murray must go. Now. 1 isolated striker is not good enough. If we play 1 up we need a mobile buzzing midfield to support. We have nothing. Switching wingers does not work!!!! Just keep Anderson on the right with Thompson and McKay or Conroy on the left. Murray only ever make likes for like sub. So against 10 men we persist with 1 isolated up front with Vaughan replacing Anderson and Conroy replacing McKay. Utterly clue less. Why stay 1 up top. We did not have a single effort on goal in 50 minutes of the second half. Terrible disabled today utterly dreadful. I hope the boos at full time are echoing round the ears of our Board. Your customers the club's fans h e had enough.

Playing one up top when your at home is a joke but to stick with that when you have an extra man beyond the pale.

Boos are fully deserved. Taking your two most effective players off to chase a win? Unreal.

Sorry Murray, times up.

4-5-1 against Alloa at home. More of the same inept shite. "A performance to be proud ashamed of." I'm long past being pissed off.

<YAWN>

Why the surprise? A direct quote from Mr Murray:

“When the game goes so long and it’s so close it’s more important that you don’t lose one,” stressed the Raith manager.

Absolute drivel yet again.

Boos fully deserved today .... I've sat on the fence with Murray, giving him the benefit of the doubt but I'm done now.

Every week is the same crap over and over ... Defensive formation, 4-5-1, long balls to nobody, creating absolutely zilch and it gets worse with it being Vs 10 men .... Twice now we have played 10 men at home and lost 1 and drew 1 ? Not good enough for me, Murray has to go.

You've finally seen the light :o

I have to say I went pretty ballistic at the substitutions today, in particular when Conroy came on and anderson finally moved back to the right wing, only to then be replaced with Vaughan. No idea what Murray was thinking there. The second half was pretty grim viewing. I didn't vent much anger after the game to be fair. But I came away wondering where we actually go from here.

Mr Murray showed his astute managerial skills by eaking out a famous draw from a fired up threadbare squad and genius substitutions. Onwards and downwards.

It genuinely liked like he was playing for a draw. Why else would he swap Moon for Callachan in the last minute?

The performance was very poor, we had no clue how to break down Alloa. What was more telling was Murray's inability/unwillingness to do anything about it.

Why did McKay play on the right in the second half when he had some joy on the left in the first half? Why did we wait until 5 minutes to go before making a second sub? Why, when we made that sub, did Vaughan come on as a straight replacement for Anderson?

I know we are a couple of strikers short just now but Christ Murray, try something!

Pretty sure all the booing today was aimed squarely at Murray. The clock must be ticking on his reign now.

I've been saying all week that this is a make or break game for most fans regarding Murray. Even if we had drawn but the performance was good then there would be some comfort and the fans would appreciate it but to perform at home like that is simply unacceptable. Murray lost me at the end of last season but he's actually made us worse. We are the slowest team in the league, we make defensive blunders every week, we have the most static and one-dimentional centre midfield I've seen in years and no matter who plays up front it seems we just resort to playing a few passes across the back four before resorting to type and punting the ball up to our love striker.

As for the sub's the awful thing is I wasn't even surprised. How the hell, if you are playing the bottom team in the league at home who play the last 10 mins with 10 men do we still only play 1 up top, take our only attacking winger with pace off, and leave Liam Fucking Fox on? Murray is the most tactically inept manager I've seen at the club for years and again another worrying this is he'll think there's nothing wrong the performance. No doubt the board will continue to support him and release another statement about how it's all the fans fault.

The board may wonder why crowds are low...well today was your answer. If you don't have a season ticket why would you pay £17 to watch that?

I will continue to support my club and I want us to succeed but every week it's getting harder and harder to justify going. If I didn't have a season ticket I honestly don't think I could go.

A year ago we were to of the table and still almost got relegated. This year we're 8 points ahead and I have no confidence we'll do the same thing.

f**k me your right mate, I dunno why I haven't decided to punt him when all the levers of power to do so are sitting in my hands...

:lol:

Was about to post something similar earlier on but thought against it as I was extremely frustrated with Murray after today as it is...didn't want to move on to the next step..

I can take defeats and always think I can appreciate when we have been simply outplayed.

However to show such a lack of guile or effort is getting me.

Again another mistake by McKeown, however it was refreshing to at least see McGurn let them know. Our inability to create any sort of half chance is terrifying. If we can only muster one real chance against the side bottom of the league we really are in for a long winter.

I never like to see anyone out of a job but it has now reached the point where maybe a change is right for all parties, It might be that support for Murray has dropped to levels that could never really be recovered.

Of course the flag was a big loss today.

Archived