Rovers v Alloa

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was on my phone at the time so never saw what happened for the sending off, but from the reaction of rovers fans, it came quite unexpected and was harsh on the alloa boy..?

What actually happened for it..

I had said to my mate about 2 or 3 mins before it " I'm quite surprised we've not had a player sent off today yet" as we were lunging in recklessly, then 2 mins later Benedictus gets sent off for Alloa..

No doubt fans of other clubs and probably some (but surely ever fewer) of our own will think we're mental to be freaking out about the manager while 4th - but today was the absolute pinnacle of ridiculous from Murray. It was already bad that we made nothing of the continual gifts from a shambolic part time opponent in the first 25 mins. We had no pattern of play, no focus and - unless I'm missing something - no tactics except to float it towards Mark Stewart or for Perry (and I'm not going there) to hit a diagonal to Anderson that was not within his capability.

The substitutions though. I like Fox despite his limits and I don't think he had an especially bad game today in the role he is given, but with 25 to go it already looked the best option to sacrifice the sitting midfielder to try to win the game. Then they went down to ten and immediately took a forward off. Fox really had to go off at this point, there was no point in having our extra man sit and shield a back four when the opponents are going to sit in and hold out. I don't have a problem with McKay going off, he is there for his pace but wasn't getting forward and Conroy should have started anyway. But Anderson, even with a knock (if he had one) should be left on for his aerial presence and keenness to hit the byline if we are chasing a goal. Vaughan should have been involved obviously but on the right? We had one attacking option from the bench and he managed to waste it.

The Falkirk game when he refused to go for the win was irritating but this was a gift of a game, ten times worse. It can't go on!

Why were Alloa down to 10 men? Did Wasps1 get sent off on his debut?

Two yellows. Wasn't a dirty game, but both were bookings so probably deserved to walk.

How has Cowden's upsurge in form been going?

Two yellows. Wasn't a dirty game, but both were bookings so probably deserved to walk.

How has Cowden's upsurge in form been going?

Pretty much as expected. We always get humped in Falkirk no matter what the form is.

Clocks go back tonight I think. Hows your 15 game unbeaten run that saved you from relegation going?

Pretty much as expected. We always get humped in Falkirk no matter what the form is.

Clocks go back tonight I think. Hows your 15 game unbeaten run that saved you from relegation going?

Should have enough to finish above Cowdenbeath...again.

Cup shock on cards next week and as for going to tynecastle well might give it a miss and put twenty quid in the poppy tin...I think it might be like the battle of the Somme on the pitch ......

I can't see a shock next week at all. There is no way we'll be able to get a result there.

The board may wonder why crowds are low...well today was your answer. If you don't have a season ticket why would you pay £17 to watch that?

Thanks to a shitey local radio station I paid £8.50 for today's ticket, still 8 quid too much for the turgid pish that was on offer.

I'm one of the guys the club are trying to attract back, after todays performance I'd rather practice my golf this winter :thumbsdown

Dearie me, sounds like I missed a cracker today. I'll console myself by pretending that we didn't allow Raith to perform. Still, away point against a play-off team...hopefully we'll get a decent result in Ayr and give Livvy a serious game in two weeks.

Pure shite result. The fact we can't assemble a squad that is clearly going to beat a part time alloa side managed by a shite manager is telling of how shite we are just now. But Then even with both our squads in place our ineptness to win games at home is embaraasing. Murray, please, f**k off

ETA: (Paul Merson stlye) no disrespect to alloa but it is equivalent to yourself failing to beat say an Stranraer or something at at home - to clarify this is not an arrogance of our squad and team vs yours- clearly there is not much between the sides - its a frusttration that we cannot assemble a squad clearly better than alloa's.

Judging by that Challenge Cup Semi, Stranraer would have either of us.

No doubt fans of other clubs and probably some (but surely ever fewer) of our own will think we're mental to be freaking out about the manager while 4th - but today was the absolute pinnacle of ridiculous from Murray. It was already bad that we made nothing of the continual gifts from a shambolic part time opponent in the first 25 mins. We had no pattern of play, no focus and - unless I'm missing something - no tactics except to float it towards Mark Stewart or for Perry (and I'm not going there) to hit a diagonal to Anderson that was not within his capability.

The substitutions though. I like Fox despite his limits and I don't think he had an especially bad game today in the role he is given, but with 25 to go it already looked the best option to sacrifice the sitting midfielder to try to win the game. Then they went down to ten and immediately took a forward off. Fox really had to go off at this point, there was no point in having our extra man sit and shield a back four when the opponents are going to sit in and hold out. I don't have a problem with McKay going off, he is there for his pace but wasn't getting forward and Conroy should have started anyway. But Anderson, even with a knock (if he had one) should be left on for his aerial presence and keenness to hit the byline if we are chasing a goal. Vaughan should have been involved obviously but on the right? We had one attacking option from the bench and he managed to waste it.

The Falkirk game when he refused to go for the win was irritating but this was a gift of a game, ten times worse. It can't go on!

Pretty much this.

The remaining fans still with Murray must read that post and realise it's the beginning of the end for him. He does this all the time, like for like changes, not reacting to situations as they develop, entrenched pre-game ideas. I'm not advocating gung-ho tactics here but a bit of intelligence from our manager during a match wouldn't go amiss.

Sitting midfielders almost always lasting the 90 even though we're (usually) not winning.

Playing 2 wingers rigidly and swapping them over now and again

Not learning from defensive mistakes (happening every week now)

It's rudimental decisions and he's failing. Put him and us out of our misery!

Archived