The Storms & Severe Weather Thread

CityDave

Aberdeen quayside mostly shut, cranes lifting and moving and having men on quayside deemed dangerous. I normally work in office near harbour, when not WFH.

To help today I am using the office at our warehouse at Altens, and shortly after getting here told that for safety to head home and WFH at lunchtime. My company is Dutch owned and they send out so many safety messages and any weather and health issues are totally covered.

3 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

See these stay at home warnings that we seem to get on a regular basis these days, does the Met Office think all our employers are soft in the head, or do they think everyone works for a local council?

Nonsense.  There have been two red weather warnings local to me in past couple of years.  The first, Storm Arwen, there was someone killed by a falling tree about 8 miles away and then last November during the horrendous floods there was a lady swept away (still not found) from less than two miles away.

12 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Nonsense.  There have been two red weather warnings local to me in past couple of years.  The first, Storm Arwen, there was someone killed by a falling tree about 8 miles away and then last November during the horrendous floods there was a lady swept away (still not found) from less than two miles away.

According to the BBC this is the first red warning in Scotland since December 2015. They really don't do their research

Actually I misread it, no red warning for rain since 2015. Sorry to the Beeb! 

Edited by Rugster

3 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

See these stay at home warnings that we seem to get on a regular basis these days, does the Met Office think all our employers are soft in the head, or do they think everyone works for a local council?

We have just been told that we can head home as soon as we please as our safety is the most important thing. 

Mon the storms!

3 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Time for the great Scottish public to show how stupid they are again as they interpret 'stay indoors and do not travel unless absolutely necessary' as 'pop down to Tesco for a packet of fags and a pint of milk'

They said we shouldn't travel unless absolutely necessary a few weeks ago and I still went to Livingston to see Motherwell. They were right - it was absolutely unnecessary.